NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a Wild broadcast a few days ago, the Wild will be wearing North Stars jerseys next season. I don't know if there is much truth to this, but I guess we will see as it gets closer.

I don't know how the Dallas Stars feel about this but I love it. I was never a fan of the red & green (one of the most divisive uniforms in all of sports from what I can tell) and gladly welcome a return to green & yellow. The NHL needs a green & yellow team.

So apparently, the Bruins Winter Classic jersey has replaced their black 3rd jersey for the remainder of the season. I guess this confirms it becomming the 3rd next season then.

Where you getting this information? They've been using the black jersey recently, too.

According to a Wild broadcast a few days ago, the Wild will be wearing North Stars jerseys next season. I don't know if there is much truth to this, but I guess we will see as it gets closer.

if this is true, they better have paid the stars a pretty penny.

i'm not a fan of this news at all.

Hard to claim the Stars' history is dear when they forgot to put green in their home uniforms.

yeah, cause god knows the north stars never toyed with similar ideas.

Hard to claim the Stars' history is dear when they forgot to put green in their home uniforms.

The first set of black jerseys, with the green numbers, were damned fine.

but they still kept the green.

The first set of black jerseys, with the green numbers, were damned fine.

but they still kept the green.

technically, they still have green now, in the logos. i'll admit, not nearly enough... but the stars also designed some black and gold jerseys with green pin-stripe sized stripes in the 90s that they never wore... as well as the greenless logo (solid gold)... and solid gold numbers...

my point is that i'm pretty sure the stars would be wearing similar sweaters right now if they had stayed in minnesota. for some reason, people in the organization think and thought that black and gold looked great together. they need more green.

just like they needed more green in their original black uniform prototypes. only problem is, they were smart enough to fix the problem last time. this time, they let it go a few years too many.

So apparently, the Bruins Winter Classic jersey has replaced their black 3rd jersey for the remainder of the season. I guess this confirms it becomming the 3rd next season then.

Where you getting this information? They've been using the black jersey recently, too.

I heard it on a Bruins broadcast during a game and on NHL Network during NHL on the Fly. I haven't seen it anywhere on the internet yet.

I heard it on a Bruins broadcast during a game and on NHL Network during NHL on the Fly. I haven't seen it anywhere on the internet yet.

Feb 4th is the last time Boston wore there 3rd Jerseys, atleast thats what it shows on Boston's website in the pictures.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=12627

The Bruins alt is great and it sells alot. It needs to be used on a permanent basis next year. At least this yellow jersey is getting a better reception than the last few yellow jerseys that made their way onto the ice, like the Pooh-Bear one and the Preds mustard jersey. It's never a bad thing to color up a team's look a bit.

I noticed Philadelphia wore the black jerseys Friday night. Might that be the last time we see them?

Also, how often does Edmonton wear copper and blue? I can't recall seeing it more than once or twice, anyone know what the NHL rule is on how often they have to come out?

And just because I'm on the topic of vintages, the Islanders wore their old homes this afternoon.

I noticed Philadelphia wore the black jerseys Friday night. Might that be the last time we see them?

Also, how often does Edmonton wear copper and blue? I can't recall seeing it more than once or twice, anyone know what the NHL rule is on how often they have to come out?

And just because I'm on the topic of vintages, the Islanders wore their old homes this afternoon.

I believe the Oilers split is 27 games for the blue / orange and 14 games for the navy / brown Reebok disaster. I can't recall the specific comment, but I know they wanted to wear the vintage colours more often, however this was the maximum the NHL allowed them to.

The Edge junk has been discounted since last season and there is very little merchandise using the '96 colours in the team stores so I would be surprised (and disappointed) if they don't make the full switch to the vintage look next season.

I believe the Oilers split is 27 games for the blue / orange and 14 games for the navy / brown Reebok disaster. I can't recall the specific comment, but I know they wanted to wear the vintage colours more often, however this was the maximum the NHL allowed them to.

The Edge junk has been discounted since last season and there is very little merchandise using the '96 colours in the team stores so I would be surprised (and disappointed) if they don't make the full switch to the vintage look next season.

14, I thought it would be less. I know Calgary only wore their vintage this year about 5 times. Once at home against the other Canadian teams, not sure if it was once and only once for each opponent.

As for the Oilers, I (in vain) hope they go a third direction. I like the current colors but the jerseys are extremely dull. However I think the old blue and orange is just too garish and dated to hold up well today. I know it's not a popular opinion but they look kinda comical imo. I think they could do some good things with an "updated vintage" a la the Sabres' third jersey.

Being a Bruins fan I love the B's winter classics and

they are much better than the Pooh-bear.

The B bothered me at first, but it has grown on me.

And the brown really works.

Being an Oilers fan, I think the blue and orange is perfect

as they were in the Cup years.

This post, if you imagine Donald Sutherland orating it, is beautiful.

Being a Bruins fan I love the B's winter classics and

they are much better than the Pooh-bear.

The B bothered me at first, but it has grown on me.

And the brown really works.

The Bruins really need to dump the black alternate jersey and keep the gold one. I'll suggest a couple of tweaks for the gold 3rd: use the alternate bear logo on the chest and move the "pregnant B" to the shoulders.

4356609278_a9f6a49c6c_o.jpg

Boston needs a yellow version of the primaries, if for no other reason than they can wear it as an alt at home or on the road, and it all works out.

Also, ditch the black, keep the brown. There. I said it.

Archived