Where did YOU see comic sans today?

fkaKrock5cent

Screenshot2012-02-21at95153PM.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

crazy comic sans Jesus van

Did you snap that photo? What's the story behind that thing?

I didn't, but someone I know did. He actually got out of his car while searching for a parking spot at a mall to take a picture of that thing. Apparently, he wasn't the only one. I couldn't get any more information out of him.

spacer.png

426068_290973430974383_227945653943828_733800_199989322_n.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I had a dream last night that the Leafs unveiled new jerseys at the draft, and used Comic Sans as the font. Naturally the first thing I did was come on here to see the reactions :grin:

Eh, I thing Windings would be a better choice ;)

And completely OT, but still related to dreams about Toronto-area sports teams,I had a dream a few nights ago that the Blue Jays retired the Expos' numbers. Yeah...

My teacher used it in his Powerpoint today. I was trying so hard to ignore it but I couldn't.

My math teacher fills our worksheets and her powerpoints with them. cry.gif

Here are a bunch of good (bad) examples.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

370488_692522889_1646202830_n.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

Yet to see it today other than this message board, but I don't really have a issue with comic sans. Like others have it's only acceptable in certain instances. When I worked at a high school, quite a few teachers, especially art teachers used comic sans pretty regularly, from what I gathered they used it to keep things from getting too boring. Though I agree comic sans is overused.

I personally like courier new but only when writing screenplays, which is the appropriate font. I've tried using it other places and just doesn't seem right to me. If others are comfortable with it that's fine.

I do get a kick out people when I go to read someone's screenplay and it's not in courier or courier new, but in other fonts. I've yet to see one in comic sans though. :)

Yet to see it today other than this message board, but I don't really have a issue with comic sans. Like others have it's only acceptable in certain instances. When I worked at a high school, quite a few teachers, especially art teachers used comic sans pretty regularly, from what I gathered they used it to keep things from getting too boring. Though I agree comic sans is overused.

Yea I get what you mean. Like if I see it used for something relating to children like a daycare (which there is one down the street from me that uses it on their sign) then it makes sense. But why does it have to be the go-to font for EVERYTHING?!

The last picture I posted of the teddy bear was in Hoboken, NJ on the same street where a storefront sign also used it. I came across it a lot while I was in Manhattan too.

bufg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived