Sign in to follow this  
Bmac

Gophers in Gold

For their first game at TCF Bank Stadium, the Gophers are wearing gold jerseys and pants.

Sorry, no pics yet. It's on Big 10 Network, though.

whats up with the two-toned jerseys?

Here I thought Clemson's all purple was the worst uniform I'd seen. That is now trumped by the giant mustard bottles. I have a headache from watching that.

The Gophers wouldn't look half bad in gold jerseys as long as they wore white pants. The all gold combo just doesn't work for me.

The gold Gophers jerseys are ridiculous. That's hard to dispute. But Air Force looks just as bad. There's something really amateurish about that bolt logo they have on their helmet, sleeves pants -- everywhere.

I never thought I'd turn away from another game to an Oregon game for a better uniform, but...

gives a new meaning to Twinkies from Minneapolis... :)

The consensus among Gopher fans (I was at TCF Bank Stadium tonight) is that the gold/gold combination should never be worn again under penalty of death. NOT popular, but the stadium's killer!

They tried this once before in their old uniforms. I thought they had learned their lesson. Oh, what a fool I've been.

Not bad but not great. I would have worn the traditional maroon on gold but some teams like to be special.

e16755f704ae4e4fac0cbcf.jpg

I may be alone in this, but I seriously don't see what's so bad about these, unless there's an innate hate (there's that word again) of (athletic) gold jerseys circulating around these parts.

But then, this is coming from someone who's used to watching Bethune-Cookman and Tuskegee University, two schools with a similar color scheme and, up until recently, damn-near similar uniforms, from a color-matching perspective.

I tuned in on that game and now I feel dirty, like I have been violated. Can I sue U. Minnesota for aesthetic rape?

Fat men, 300 lb men who sweat a lot, should probably not wear that much yellow.

There is such a huge difference between mustard yellow jersey/pants and something classy like the old GaTech gold jerseys (worn with white pants).

Better than last week at Syracuse, when the Golden Gophers wore maroon helmets, white jerseys and white pants.

Given their nickname, shouldn't one piece of the uniform always be gold, especially in football, where we think nothing of wearing jerseys that are a different color than pants (unlike basketball)?

Good point. Usually teams will wear white when they play on turf because it's easier to clean grass stains from darker pants. That might be why they broke out hte white indoors at the dome.