Gophers in Gold

Bmac

Why in hell would Minny wear white pants under a yellow gold jersey and maroon helmets. First all it would be ugly as :censored:, but even worse, it would be using white just for the sake of using white. Lord knows there is entirely too much of that going on nowadays already.

I like the jerseys, don't at all like the pants with it. For those who saw the game, the jerseys end up being two different shades after they sweat. Which would be fine if a 3rd shade of gold wasn't introduced in the pants. Wear the maroon pants with these, wear them once or twice a year against a non-conference foe...i have no issue. But the gold on gold looked real poor. Silly, really.

That said, i'd buy one in a second :) Its a great jersey, just not really for the field, or at least certainly not with yellow pants.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

e16755f704ae4e4fac0cbcf.jpg

I may be alone in this, but I seriously don't see what's so bad about these, unless there's an innate hate (there's that word again) of (athletic) gold jerseys circulating around these parts.

For the record, I think the yellow/athletic gold jersey is woefully underused in football. I just think it's overkill when paired with matching pants. I'd be all about this look if they'd use maroon pants instead.

Same here. Whenever I created my school on NCAA, I always gave them a yellow jersey and put it with black pants. But even with yellow pants, these don't look NEARLY as bad as most people are making it out to be (and don't get me started on the idiotic anti-monochrome bias in this community). I would definitely prefer the maroon pants with these though.

Why can't they still have these uniforms? :(

050924_maroney_vmed.widec.jpg

Damn you Brewster, you team's never going to go anywhere, and you mess up the uniforms. Those would be so cash in the new stadium.

They did look quite good in those. But the Gophers change their look A LOT. I'm sure we'll get new ones in two years if Brewster is still here, and he'll hark about how they're 'a great recruiting tool.'

Having lots of family in Minnesota just thinking about an outdoor football stadium in Minneapolis makes me want to put on a parka, but I love it. They now have a home-field advantage that can be a recruiting tool for tough-nosed players.

As for the uniforms, I'm baffled. Why wear your worst look in the biggest night in Gophers football since Bronco Nagurski? If the players chose this look then it just proves how little football players know about football fashion.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Having lots of family in Minnesota just thinking about an outdoor football stadium in Minneapolis makes me want to put on a parka, but I love it. They now have a home-field advantage that can be a recruiting tool for tough-nosed players.

As for the uniforms, I'm baffled. Why wear your worst look in the biggest night in Gophers football since Bronco Nagurski? If the players chose this look then it just proves how little football players know about football fashion.

Or it proves that most of the people on this site don't know what young people like these days

Or care.

Maybe coaches should use football fashion as a recruiting tool....?

Here are some concepts for a more traditional look that I created a while back using the Nike uniform creator (sorry, I'm too lazy right now to develop these into a pretty concept). I think Minnesota would look nice in gold shells like the hockey Gophers wear.

UofMUniformProposed1.png

UofMUniformProposed3.png

UofMUniformProposed2.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Or it proves that most of the people on this site don't know what young people like these days

I'm 22. If I was on the Minnesota football team then I'd be one of the seniors deciding which uniforms to wear and I wouldn't want to dress in all yellow. For the record, I like Oregon's uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the gold jerseys look great with maroon pants. I'm not sure if they're planning on wearing the gold as their primaries, but if they keep wearing maroon pants I won't complain.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the gold jerseys look great with maroon pants. I'm not sure if they're planning on wearing the gold as their primaries, but if they keep wearing maroon pants I won't complain.

+1

Concur. I thought they looked pretty slick today, even though I don't care for their template.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived