NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

somehow the Denver Broncos were able to overcome wearing navy blue jerseys in the sweltering Cincinnati sun and beat the bengals 12-7 today.

Bengals, stop wearing white at home. You don't play in Miami, you play in Cincinnati, Ohio. Black jerseys in September will not kill you.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Rams are wearing their white pants with their white jerseys in Seattle. Will we ever see the gold pants again?

Only in the preseason. Chip really needs to lose his fetish for the blues and the whites.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Rams are wearing their white pants with their white jerseys in Seattle. Will we ever see the gold pants again?

Only in the preseason. Chip really needs to lose his fetish for the blues and the whites.

I can't cite it, but I've heard that Coach Spags has said it'll be a players decision, so Chip's probably not chiming in on it any longer.

Hopefully the players are superstitious, because it won't be long before all the non-gold options are ruled out.

Hopefully the players are superstitious, because it won't be long before all the non-gold options are ruled out.

They are going to get their butts kicked, no matter what pants they wear. That is a dreadful football team.

Nah. Correctable mental mistakes and some offensive troubles. They're getting there. They weren't dominated by Seattle yesterday. They just got in their own with with stupid penalties, and with the offense not yet clicking, the defense wore down late, but there's reason for hope.

I can't cite it, but I've heard that Coach Spags has said it'll be a players decision, so Chip's probably not chiming in on it any longer.

Okay, then Jackson needs to stop thinking he's a fashionplate and focus on learning how to block, pick up blitzes, and attack holes instead.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

- Baltimore should go with the all-white look at home, not the white on black.

Seconded.

Yep. Rams look . . . pretty good white on white.

Also seconded.

Bottom line. I think white-on-white looks very sharp on just about any team (including the Buccaneers, Bucco).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I noticed the Giants' Chris Canty (#99) had the bottom of his "C" sewn up in a way that blocked the bottom of the letter, making it look like an upside-down and backwards J then "ANTY".

Can't find a picture, he only made 2 tackles. :)

87Redskins.png

Not sure where to post this, not worthy of its own thread, so here it is:

capt.09e8db2397334577a3acfd20ba07516e.bears_packers_football_wimg101.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090913/capt.09e8db2397334577a3acfd20ba07516e.bears_packers_football_wimg101.jpg

Also, this morning, I saw a truck here in PA with a Packers license plate frame and the plate number: 4 BRETTF

I was so tempted to ask him if he's rooting for Brett on the Vikings at a stop light.

87Redskins.png

idk if this belongs here but look at the facemask that canty is wearing

09000d5d812969b9_gallery_600.jpg

does anyone need that many bars on their facemask

No. But it does look bad-ass...

Reminds me of the grill of a truck. If they could put a die cast "NY" in the middle, that would be pretty awesome.

I think white-on-white looks very sharp on just about any team (including the Buccaneers, Bucco).

Agreed. I prefer the white-on-white for the Bucs over the white with the pewter pants. But with the red jerseys, I hate the white pants.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

The Bears should always wear their navy pants with their white jerseys, but I think the navy pants would look better if they changed the striping to white-orange-white.

If the Bears do insist on wearing the white pants with the white jerseys, I believe their blue socks would look much better....

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived