NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

idk if this belongs here but look at the facemask that canty is wearing

09000d5d812969b9_gallery_600.jpg

does anyone need that many bars on their facemask

No. But it does look bad-ass...

Reminds me of the grill of a truck. If they could put a die cast "NY" in the middle, that would be pretty awesome.

Looks like Rickey Jackson back in the day...

nfl_g_jackson01_576.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bears should always wear their navy pants with their white jerseys, but I think the navy pants would look better if they changed the striping to white-orange-white.

This is so obvious I don't know why the Bears have been wearing their navy blue pants the way they are for as long as they have. Firstly, you need to look no further than the three middle stripes on the sleeves and socks of their white road uniforms. Those stripes are white-orange-white outlined by two navy blue stripes just as the pants stripes should be. It makes no sense for them to be orange-white-orange when nothing else on their uniforms follows this scheme.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Bears should always wear their navy pants with their white jerseys

Agreed.

Speaking of the Bears.... Did anyone else notice Jay Cutler had on long sleeves last night? The game-time temperature was 79°! Dick Butkus would be so proud.

6uXNWAo.png

Pats wearing their throwbacks right now. Damn I hate these jerseys. :mad:

The problem with a lot of these AFL throwbacks are that the current NFL teams chose to throwback to their early days when the uniforms, like the teams, were in their toddler stage. It took a few years before these uniforms reached their best look. They had to go through a few alterations and small changes. The Patriots are a good example as their uniforms had all of their elements come together in synchronized fashion in the early 80's. Wear those, or wear the uniforms with the blue tri-corner hat from year one, but don't wear the weak version of your classic look. The Oilers are another good example. The light blue helmets that the Titans are wearing this season look pretty good, but isn't it the general consensus around these parts that the team should've thrown back to the silver helmets and pants or the Earl Campbell/Warren Moon uniforms we all came to love?

I love that the Broncos are throwing back to their first season, and I think that all the AFL teams should go back to 1960 as well so then we wouldn't have this jumbled mix. I also think the Bengals and Dolphins should be included, but that's mostly for my own selfish interests so I can see the Bengals in their old plain-jane orange helmets. Maybe when their 50th season rolls around then I'll get to see the Bengals in 1968 throwbacks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pats wearing their throwbacks right now. Damn I hate these jerseys. :mad:

Love the helmet but otherwise (and considering how old school I am I can't believe I am about to say this) their current set just looks much much better. The Patriots current helmet is just boring as hell.

On the other hand, The Bills look great.

BB52Big.jpg

The Bears should always wear their navy pants with their white jerseys, but I think the navy pants would look better if they changed the striping to white-orange-white.

This is so obvious I don't know why the Bears have been wearing their navy blue pants the way they are for as long as they have. Firstly, you need to look no further than the three middle stripes on the sleeves and socks of their white road uniforms. Those stripes are white-orange-white outlined by two navy blue stripes just as the pants stripes should be. It makes no sense for them to be orange-white-orange when nothing else on their uniforms follows this scheme.

Then numbers on the blue jersey follow this scheme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I forgot about the numbers, but Can we agree that orange numbers outlined in white wouldn't look as good? The white numbers outlined in orange are just a case of the Bears following normally accepted number outling protocol, which is to have white numbers outlined in your secondary color. Besides, The navy pants aren't meant to be worn with the blue jersey. They're designed for the white jersey, but with my prefferred stripe they would look better with the blue jersey than they do now. Everything else on the uniforms from the stripes on the white jersey and white socks to each individual set of stripes on the blue jersey and socks to the helmet logo all follow the same white-orange-white striping scheme. The numbers are the only exception and I've already explained that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not necessarily a "uniform" note, per se, but a note all the same.

You see where we got throwbacks for the Patriots...throwbacks for the Bills...heck--even the officiating crew done went throwback. (By the way, I applaud the NFL for going at least almost all-out for this.) We got all this throwback flair going on in Gillette Stadium tonight. Lovely.

Why the FLYING ELVIS painted at midfield though???

Just throw the whole balance off. And it's distracting the hell out of me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I forgot about the numbers, but Can we agree that orange numbers outlined in white wouldn't look as good? The white numbers outlined in orange are just a case of the Bears following normally accepted number outling protocol, which is to have white numbers outlined in your secondary color. Besides, The navy pants aren't meant to be worn with the blue jersey. They're designed for the white jersey, but with my prefferred stripe they would look better with the blue jersey than they do now. Everything else on the uniforms from the stripes on the white jersey and white socks to each individual set of stripes on the blue jersey and socks to the helmet logo all follow the same white-orange-white striping scheme. The numbers are the only exception and I've already explained that.

The navy pants may not have been designed to be worn with the navy jersey, but damn if the combo doesn't look nearly perfect.

In general though, I agree with your point - the color of the primary jersey that the pants are designed for should not be the middle color of a triple-stripe pants pattern.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the Patriots shoulder stripe is cut funny on some of the jerseys. I noticed on Randy Moss'

the stripes cut off on a slant, making the outermost blue stripe sliced down to almost a point...

hard to explain in words, but hopefully someone finds a pic. once you notice it, it will bother the heck out of you

The Bills throwbacks are good, much better than their current uniforms. I just think that there are too many striping inconsistencies to be used as a new uniform. Fix the striping up, update the logo a little, and they will have themselves a great uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived