NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

I agree it would have been nice for the field markings to have been throwback also. The "Elvis" patriot in Foxboro was a distraction. I also would have liked for the yard-line numbers in Oakland to be inside little shield-shapes, but I suppose that would be a rules violation.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does that mean? Do they cover the existing Flying Elvis helmets with a white Pat Patriot shell?

They use different helmets for the throwback uniforms. Most helmets start their life as a molded plastic color. For instance, the Patriots regular helmets are molded grey plastic with the outside painted metallic silver. The ones they are using for the throwback unis are just molded white plastic. The Dolphins, for example, have impregnated white helmets that are painted with metallic pearl white paint.

Thanks, logoman!

I sure hope we don't get 103 posts in this thread every week. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

why not make a week 2 thread so it's easy to look back to each one, rather than trying to figure out when one week stopped and another one started?

There are sure to be people still responding to week one, even if the thread is supposed to be for week 2. Gets messy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree it would have been nice for the field markings to have been throwback also. The "Elvis" patriot in Foxboro was a distraction. I also would have liked for the yard-line numbers in Oakland to be inside little shield-shapes, but I suppose that would be a rules violation.

Is Elvis cast into the Fieldturf, or painted on there? I know some turf teams have precolored yard lines and stuff.

Archived