Northern Arizona University's New Uniforms

Spammy

Are those both from this season?

Not sure how or why Nike / adidas would sign an agreement without getting exclusivity... unless this school is so bush league that they just go to the local sporting goods store to order their uniforms and just picked what was on sale.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They just signed a deal with Adidas 1 week before the game and they could only get their home jerseys next year because of budget... so the Adidas rep said it was fine if they just seam ripped the Nike symbol off all football apparel

How does budget have anything to do with it? If you're signing a deal with a supplier, shouldn't said supplier supply you with the uniforms? Otherwise, what's the benefit of signing the deal?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How does budget have anything to do with it? If you're signing a deal with a supplier, shouldn't said supplier supply you with the uniforms? Otherwise, what's the benefit of signing the deal?

It may be true, I have heard of some teams in the past only get a new home or away uni do to budgets, then got the matching on later in the year, or the next year.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

They just signed a deal with Adidas 1 week before the game and they could only get their home jerseys next year because of budget... so the Adidas rep said it was fine if they just seam ripped the Nike symbol off all football apparel

Really spammy? Seems to me they have been with Addidas since December of 2008.

NAU signs with Addidas 12/10/2008

1-AA teams only get so much gear free. If they had a Nike deal that they had to pay out of it might explain the uniform issue. When Adidas bought into supplying MLS for 10 years Puma wouldn't up out of their contract. Maybe Nike did the same?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1-AA teams only get so much gear free. If they had a Nike deal that they had to pay out of it might explain the uniform issue. When Adidas bought into supplying MLS for 10 years Puma wouldn't up out of their contract. Maybe Nike did the same?

so if they don't get the gear for free, what's the benefit to the school of signing an exclusive-supplier contract?

so if they don't get the gear for free, what's the benefit to the school of signing an exclusive-supplier contract?

Because they get a significant discount from the MSRP if they are under contract. If they paid out of pocket, they would have to pay whatever the retailer wished.

Archived