Architectural Firm Logo

Mings

Hey guys,

Our first assignment in Professional Concerns class is to start a firm. Since there are 5 of us and our mission is working within a culture, climate, with local materials and adding to the surroundings; we came up with a merger of aggregate, agriculture, and architecture to name the firm Agritecture. I focused on the aggregate portion of the name while at the same time alluding to the other two. I'd like your thoughts on it, and it has already gone through a few iterations to make it more lively (in the beginning it was very static). The variations here are full color, full color reversed, one color black and one color green.

logo_variations.png

Thanks guys!

Has this idea been executed with reversed capitalization? AGRItecture? For some reason it seems like it would appear better especially since the AGRI is the "catch" in the business name. Also, I view the TECTURE as an exponent like a variable..which would be lower cased as well. Just a thought.

I do like the other elements- the cross is nifty if you're trying to say a mix between architecture (design) and agriculture. Nice focus there. My only tiny request would be to see them as squares instead of rectangles...or are they squares? They appear to be rectangular on my screen.

No it hasn't...we are all getting ready to get together and brainstorm a little more so I will do a version like that really quick.

And they are rectangles....takes the width from the I and the height of the top leg of the T.

EDIT: Something like this perhaps?

logo_variations2.png

the shifted baseline jars for me. and it looks very corporate and a little dull im afraid.

if i got to design a logo in class, id do something a bit more out there.

you get all the time in the world to design boring corporate stuff in real life.

did you just start with the logo above (or a previous iteration) and then just try and evolve it?

or did you do a few sheets of ideas first?

We started with a basic one and then did iterations off of it. Since we all had studio stuff to take care of over the weekend, we went with this one. The good thing is we can let this evolve over the semester if we want, so if you guys have some ideas I would definitely be appreciative. We have a review next week so I probably won't be able to get to it until after that.

i would lose the fading squares. id make the "tecture" small caps and aligned with the top of the "i" in AGRI. might flow a bit better, and i like the idea of keeping it smaller. you may want to consider an abstract organic shape to contrast with the rigid geometric structure of Klavika. You've also used Klavika a lot lately, perhaps explore other typefaces.

OD_Signature.jpg

The cross area gives off a religious feel. I don't know if this was intentional, but it may be something to look into. It would come down to; would people read the words before seeing the image or visa versa. IMO something dealing with a plant/ground theme could come accross nicely.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived