Super Bowl XLIV theme art

buckeyecal

Going along with the Super Bowl logo is this year's Pro Bowl logo...it's been out a while, but I'm not sure if it has been posted yet:

South Florida, isn't the SB at Miami also?!?!?!? WTF? What happened to Hawaii?

The pro bowl for this season is being experimentally done in Miami this year instead of Hawaii. I'm thinking the NFL thinks it'll curb more interest being in the states. probably played in prime time.

Last time I checked, Hawaii was one of the states.

Source?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Going along with the Super Bowl logo is this year's Pro Bowl logo...it's been out a while, but I'm not sure if it has been posted yet:

NFLProBowl_PRM_2009.png

South Florida, isn't the SB at Miami also?!?!?!? WTF? What happened to Hawaii?

The pro bowl for this season is being experimentally done in Miami this year instead of Hawaii. I'm thinking the NFL thinks it'll curb more interest being in the states. probably played in prime time.

Isn't it also a week before the Super Bowl?

Finally, they?re waking up and smelling the coffee! I don?t know about the rest of you but I?m pretty much ?footballed? out by the time the Super Bowl is over, so in the past the Pro Bowl never really appealed to me.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I work at a grocery store, and we have an advertisement inside the store by some company that's obviously an NFL sponsor for two tickets to the Super Bowl. For some reason, there are four players on the ad, two Miami Dolphins and two Carolina Panthers. I have no idea why it's those two teams.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

sbxliv10ai-1.jpg

I don't know if its planned, but going back to what Ted Cunningham was saying, there is something vaguely reminiscent of kind of 1960s Miami about the poster, sort of in a lounge lizard, cool way, if you get what I mean.

Might try and get a hold of one of those posters at some point!

I?m glad I?m not the only one who thinks there?s a retro feel to that poster.

It's like a classy 70's Playboy ad. The typography takes this to another level entirely.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Isn't it also a week before the Super Bowl?

Yes, which I think should increase interest in the game, but they already have problems with the top players in each position excusing themselves for varying injuries resulting in the fourth alternate RB getting to play. Now no one from the 2 Super Bowl teams will be attending and doesn't it follow suit that if these two teams make the SB wouldn't they have a number of the best players who should be playing in an All-Star Game?

The NFL just has to come to terms that their type of season just doesn't easily lend itself to an all star game like the NHL, MLB, and NBA. Stick to the week after and move it around to Cities that don't have NFL Football or even overseas to England, Germany etc... They should get enough interest in Southwest, Southeast and overseas markets to sell out the games.

Now why can't they use that cool Art Deco typeface in the Super Bowl logo instead of the boring thing they have now? Remember when Super Bowl logos were cool? We had kind of a golden age in the '90s/2000s when it seemed like thought went into each one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sbxliv10ai-1.jpg

I don't know if its planned, but going back to what Ted Cunningham was saying, there is something vaguely reminiscent of kind of 1960s Miami about the poster, sort of in a lounge lizard, cool way, if you get what I mean.

Might try and get a hold of one of those posters at some point!

I?m glad I?m not the only one who thinks there?s a retro feel to that poster.

It's like a classy 70's Playboy ad. The typography takes this to another level entirely.

It definitely has a "stuck in the ratpack era" feel to it, which is what playboy had in the 70s.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived