2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm thinking the Hawks/Sharks game lived up to the hype.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It really did. It was amazing to see that the Sharks basically handled going down 3 in the first 8 minutes of the game as well as you possibly could, because they completely owned that game until they tied it in the 3rd. The Sharks basically did great just to get the OT loss point, because it would've just been absolutely crazy if they had pulled a win out of that game...but yeah, it was definitely a great game to watch, but hey, that's normal whenever you get the Blackhawks against a good team. I really hope that they meet in the playoffs (& the Sharks don't choke again but that's another story for another day.)

Duncan Keith was pretty amazing on defense in the end, there. There was this one play where Marleau basically undressed his man in their offensive zone, only for Keith to come in & made a pretty ridiculous poke check to save a SOG if not a goal, & then the block he made from basically the blade of his skate later on. It seemed as if the entire team turned on a switch once the game was tied, & the defense was the most turned on.

Also, poor Canucks.

map_north_america_381.jpg

With the Olympic break, it's basically 2 road trips.

It seemed as if the entire team turned on a switch once the game was tied, & the defense was the most turned on.

This bothers me. They've been letting up on all manner of teams--good ones like SJ and Detroit, okay ones like Boston and Nashville, bad ones like Columbus and (a loss to) Minnesota--in the last couple months. With all these blown late leads, the Blackhawks have been fabricating more unnecessary drama than a 16-year-old girl. Maybe I'm asking too much, but these are the sorts of things that make me question if the goaltending can make it through the playoffs. It's ridiculous. No more. The time has come to cut throats so hard that the Malarchuk incident looks like a paper cut.

Also, poor Canucks.

Oh, poor, shmoor. The Canucks can go smoke a pole.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It really did. It was amazing to see that the Sharks basically handled going down 3 in the first 8 minutes of the game as well as you possibly could, because they completely owned that game until they tied it in the 3rd. The Sharks basically did great just to get the OT loss point, because it would've just been absolutely crazy if they had pulled a win out of that game...but yeah, it was definitely a great game to watch, but hey, that's normal whenever you get the Blackhawks against a good team. I really hope that they meet in the playoffs (& the Sharks don't choke again but that's another story for another day.)

Duncan Keith was pretty amazing on defense in the end, there. There was this one play where Marleau basically undressed his man in their offensive zone, only for Keith to come in & made a pretty ridiculous poke check to save a SOG if not a goal, & then the block he made from basically the blade of his skate later on. It seemed as if the entire team turned on a switch once the game was tied, & the defense was the most turned on.

Also, poor Canucks.

That Coyotes logo is put too far northeast.

It will probably be the most anticipated Battle of Alberta match tomorrow night in a long time for all the wrong reasons.

Somebody could be losing their 10th straight. Or somebody could be losing their 14th straight not a good time to be fan in Alberta.

Love this song and it describes the Game tomorrow night.

Also brings back memories of the Chicago Bulls dynasty years.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Eat it, Lachance!

I got nothing else, really. The Canucks knew this trip was coming, the league knew it was coming, and they still did stupid things like schedule a game per week in October and November. They've had huge roadies before, and they'll have them again. Luckily this whole "Olympics" thing gives them two full weeks off between legs.

If they come out of this .500 or just over, they're still in good shape, considering Calgary's huge slide into obscurity.

I guess the Flames' coach has job security, seeing as how his brother's his boss and all, huh? Oh, and good money spent on defense, Calgary. Bouwmeester has 2 goals this year? Outstanding.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Eat it, Lachance!

I got nothing else, really. The Canucks knew this trip was coming, the league knew it was coming, and they still did stupid things like schedule a game per week in October and November. They've had huge roadies before, and they'll have them again. Luckily this whole "Olympics" thing gives them two full weeks off between legs.

If they come out of this .500 or just over, they're still in good shape, considering Calgary's huge slide into obscurity.

I guess the Flames' coach has job security, seeing as how his brother's his boss and all, huh? Oh, and good money spent on defense, Calgary. Bouwmeester has 2 goals this year? Outstanding.

Bouwmeester was playing weaker competition in the Eastern Conference and it takes a lot for a player to adapt to play out here especially in the Northwest sure he's solid defensively but he isn't getting the offensive numbers like he did in FLA.

I said back in July that The Flames should use that 7 Million Bucks or whatever on more offensive depth because we have the defense already it's the one bright spot in the Minors and look it's almost February and the Flames are still struggling to get the goals.

Bouwmeester was playing weaker competition in the Eastern Conference and it takes a lot for a player to adapt to play out here especially in the Northwest sure he's solid defensively but he isn't getting the offensive numbers like he did in FLA.

Bull:censored:!

In Florida he played Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk etc. 4 times each!

1zqy8ok.gif

Are you personally offended that someone pointed out the superiority of the Western Conference or something? What does it matter if Ilya Kovalchuk was on a bad team in the division? It's plain as day that Bouwmeester can't match his production from Miami against the deeper rosters out west. It's also plausible that Bouwmeester's value has been severely inflated by being the franchise player for a gutter franchise. Maybe the best thing they had going for them isn't all that great outside the golden hammock of the outlet mall.

Are you personally offended that someone pointed out the superiority of the Western Conference or something? What does it matter if Ilya Kovalchuk was on a bad team in the division? It's plain as day that Bouwmeester can't match his production from Miami against the deeper rosters out west. It's also plausible that Bouwmeester's value has been severely inflated by being the franchise player for a gutter franchise. Maybe the best thing they had going for them isn't all that great outside the golden hammock of the outlet mall.

It's bull :censored: to say that he sucks because he used to play in the Eastern Conference. I'm not arguing that the Eastern Conference is better than the Western conference (I dont have an opinion either way). I'm arguing that as a defenseman in the Eastern conference the guy faced the 2 best players in the league, and 2 other top-tier forwards on a regular basis. The reason he sucks now has more to do with Brent Sutter than it does with facing different competition.

1zqy8ok.gif

I'm convinced the only way to salvage this Bruins season is to fire Claude or get Kovalchuk. Neither of those things are going to happen though. The team simply looks like it's quit on their coach and are playing with absolutely not heart or desire. It's almost painful to watch these games.

I'm arguing that as a defenseman in the Eastern conference the guy faced the 2 best players in the league, and 2 other top-tier forwards on a regular basis.

Well, that's a dumb argument. Four players do not constitute an ample proving ground, and if they do, it doesn't speak well of Bouwmeester, because if he had really been that good at keeping them off the stat sheets, you'd think that this, in tandem with beating up on bad team, would've at least pulled down a freakin' 8 seed at some point for his old team. Average players are sold as world-beaters when they make it out of the swamp. We saw it with Jokinen, we're seeing it with Bouwmeester, and we'll probably see it soon with Stephen Weiss. (Luongo is good, but not immune to being overrated.)

I never said Bouwmeester was a horrible player, great skater and is one of the smartest on the ice it's just that the system he plays in here in Calgary takes a way from his offensive play. It's essentially paying 7 Million Dollars for a quicker Robyn Regehr.

I'm sure he just needs a year to get more adjusted and if Dion Phanuef is dealt at the draft I'm sure he'll be more depended on to score more because outside of Bouwmeester, Mark Giordano is the best offensive defenseman we have.

9 wins in a row! :hockeysmiley:

Just unreal. This team is on a tear, but of course, i'm a Caps fan, so i'm hoping theyre not peaking at the wrong time and will crush our dreams in the playoffs, once again.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

9 wins in a row! :hockeysmiley:

Just unreal. This team is on a tear, but of course, i'm a Caps fan, so i'm hoping theyre not peaking at the wrong time and will crush our dreams in the playoffs, once again.

I thought the same thing last night when talking to my friend about the Caps winning streak.

The Caps are just getting as many points as possible before the Olympic Break. I anticipate all hell breaking loose amongst the teams chasing for a playoff spot once March begins.

Green was injured by a hit from Kulikov, but right now, the severity isn't known.

Also, with their 12th win in January, the Caps match the franchise record for wins in a month which was first accomplished in December 1984.

Its gonna be a helluva stretch run after the Olympics. If they can stay healthy and keep their game on track, theyll be fine. They just gotta always remember what wins them games. A relentless forecheck, and defensively sound hockey. Not trapping, just not making mistakes and turnovers in the neutral zone. The D dont have to pressure all the time, so if they get caught theyre in trouble, but I think the defensive pairings (currently in question with the Green injury) have struck the right balance and chemistry. I like the mantra this team is preaching: Never be satisfied. They dont wanna come out and get out-worked and lose. Thats a good identity for the team to have.

Edit: Green only suffered a charley horse and should play on Sunday. PHEW!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Its gonna be a helluva stretch run after the Olympics. If they can stay healthy and keep their game on track, theyll be fine. They just gotta always remember what wins them games. A relentless forecheck, and defensively sound hockey. Not trapping, just not making mistakes and turnovers in the neutral zone. The D dont have to pressure all the time, so if they get caught theyre in trouble, but I think the defensive pairings (currently in question with the Green injury) have struck the right balance and chemistry. I like the mantra this team is preaching: Never be satisfied. They dont wanna come out and get out-worked and lose. Thats a good identity for the team to have.

Edit: Green only suffered a charley horse and should play on Sunday. PHEW!

Healthy or not, Green suspended for 3 games...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308187

Archived