2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Its gonna be a helluva stretch run after the Olympics. If they can stay healthy and keep their game on track, theyll be fine. They just gotta always remember what wins them games. A relentless forecheck, and defensively sound hockey. Not trapping, just not making mistakes and turnovers in the neutral zone. The D dont have to pressure all the time, so if they get caught theyre in trouble, but I think the defensive pairings (currently in question with the Green injury) have struck the right balance and chemistry. I like the mantra this team is preaching: Never be satisfied. They dont wanna come out and get out-worked and lose. Thats a good identity for the team to have.

Edit: Green only suffered a charley horse and should play on Sunday. PHEW!

Healthy or not, Green suspended for 3 games...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308187

I agree with the suspension. There should be zero tolerance to hits to the head. This is the second time a Capitals player will be suspended while injured this season. The first suspension being Ovechkin who received 2 games for his knee-on-knee hit on Tim Gleason.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its gonna be a helluva stretch run after the Olympics. If they can stay healthy and keep their game on track, theyll be fine. They just gotta always remember what wins them games. A relentless forecheck, and defensively sound hockey. Not trapping, just not making mistakes and turnovers in the neutral zone. The D dont have to pressure all the time, so if they get caught theyre in trouble, but I think the defensive pairings (currently in question with the Green injury) have struck the right balance and chemistry. I like the mantra this team is preaching: Never be satisfied. They dont wanna come out and get out-worked and lose. Thats a good identity for the team to have.

Edit: Green only suffered a charley horse and should play on Sunday. PHEW!

Healthy or not, Green suspended for 3 games...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308187

I agree with the suspension. There should be zero tolerance to hits to the head. This is the second time a Capitals player will be suspended while injured this season. The first suspension being Ovechkin who received 2 games for his knee-on-knee hit on Tim Gleason.

I'm really torn on the suspension. I agree there should have been one, however I thought 3 games was a bit excessive for a first time offender. If this signals a change in the NHLs way of thinking when it comes to headshots, then so be it, but we'll see when another controversial hit to the head comes into play, and how its handled.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hockey Day in Canada begins with the Senators beating the Habs in OT 3-2.

Next up will be the Canucks playing the Leafs and the nightcap is the Oilers and the Flames to crown currently the worse team in Alberta.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Next up will be the Canucks playing the Leafs and the nightcap is the Oilers and the Flames to crown currently the worse team in Alberta.

They trailed for a long time, but tied it approaching the end to at least seal one point. I know how bad it would of sucked for Ottawa to lose under the circumstances that occured in OT. Spezza gets hooked, gets mad because player only gets 2 minutes and no penalty shot, then gets a penalty himself. The Habs could not take advantage any longer, so they lost.

Ducks sign Jonas Hiller to a 4-year, $18 million contract extension.

Thus officially ends the Jean Sebastien Giguere era in the Anaheim crease. Not that we didn't all know it was coming, but it was said there were some snags and that Hiller may have gone into free agency. Now with the Ducks having $10+ million officially invested in goalies next year, Giguere is all but gone. Either by trade or buyout. Unfortunately with his $6 million price tag and his limited reps, he's a hard sell right now on the trade market. You never know when injury will strike, but I have a feeling Jiggy finishes the season as a Duck and is bought out. It'd be way more beneficial to the Ducks to trade him for something and get his money off the books, but I can see this lasting through and ending in a buyout.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

They trailed for a long time, but tied it approaching the end to at least seal one point. I know how bad it would of sucked for Ottawa to lose under the circumstances that occured in OT. Spezza gets hooked, gets mad because player only gets 2 minutes and no penalty shot, then gets a penalty himself. The Habs could not take advantage any longer, so they lost.

Not only that, but Foligno broke his leg. He's apparently out up to 8 weeks. Random side note -- I actually played against him in high school.

What a game to be at! Incredible atmosphere, always great playing the Habs. Bittersweet victory though, really tough to see Foligno break his leg on the shot-block. He's been playing great for us.

Great seeing them break the franchise record for consecutive wins.

Here's to 10 straight in Buffalo.

Hi, how are you?

Oh man! Canucks give the Leaves a three goal lead and pull Luongo after the first and STILL manage to win 5-3!!! Hahaha I love it!

Coach V: "Hey guys, let's spot these losers three, pull Bobby in the second, then go ride in limousines with our shirts off."

Team: "Aye aye, Cap'n!"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Coyotes win, 3-2. Still can't believe they are in the playoff hunt this far in the regular season.

I believe it, they will no doubt be one of the scary teams if they do make the playoffs this season. They also retired a former Captains number Friday night with Teppo Numminem being honored in the Jets/Coyotes Ring of Honor

Quite a relief to see the Flames finally end their losing streak in emphatic fashion. As for the Oilers, they're playing for the No. 1 draft pick right now, so I'm sure Calgary was more than happy to oblige.

Flamers FINALLY win a game, and then turn around and trade Phaneuf to the Leaves. Wow!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308469

For those wondering: The Calgary Flames have traded defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

It's hard to say who won that trade when there's not a whole lot going back and forth. You've got Phaneuf who is possibly the most overrated defenseman in the league, going to the Leafs, who stink, in exchange for 4 players who Burke might have decided to punish for losing to the Canucks.

I'd say this is a win-win, but it's just shifting players for the sake of shifting players. I just can't look at this and say that either team really improved.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived