2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

The Jokinen/Prust deal for Kotalik/Higgins won't be processed till after the Flames game against the Flyers tonight, Because the Flames need Jokinen in the lineup to fill out the roster.

What an awkward dressing room that will be tonight. "Hey Olli & Brandon, You can play tonight but right after this game pack up your stuff and get on a plane to New York City.''

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Montreal's culture, they are a mess. They have two disgruntled goalies and some other players who just don't seem to care or get along. Sure, Toronto isn't much better but the fact Montreal is doing as well as they are is luck. Given all their problems, they should be closer to the bottom. At least Toronto has tried to deal with their problems, now we just have to wait and see whether it helps or not.

Since Halak asked for a trade in December, there hasn't been a word out of Montreal about their goalies, but they must certainly be disgruntled. And none of the players get along, even though Laraque went on National TV and said that the chemistry in the locker room is the best he's seen in his career, AFTER he got bought out. And being in the play-off chase after losing their best player for almost 40 games, 2 of their top free-agent acquisitions for a combined 30 games, and one of their first line players for 4 to 6 weeks. Obviously this team is a mess :rolleyes:

The Canadiens aren't where many fans would like them to be, but considering the Bulldogs have the second best record in the AHL, the future is looking bright (especially compared to that Maple Leaf farm system).

1zqy8ok.gif

If I told you guys that before the Olympics, the Coyotes would be in 4th place and the Wings would be outside the playoffs, would you believe me?

(I would of said no.)

Stop, just STOP already, they are a good team. Coach like Tippett has got this team going places. I can already see it. They will lose 3 straight and you will be in self-destruction mode because they lost. You'd be the one saying I told you so, they're going to miss the playoffs. Instead of saying the Coyotes are 4th, still can't believe it. Try saying the Coyotes are fourth, lets go Coyotes.

You also can't argue that Toronto has the best D-men in the East with Phaneuf, Komisarek, Kaberle, Beauchemin and Schenn

Certainly the best name value, if nothing else. Phaneuf hasn't really been that good for a few years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Could be. I just like to speculate wildly about things.

No those are actually their numbers. I heard it on the Radio but I guess will wait for confirmation tonight.

I was actually talking to Hedley, regarding my prediction about Kovalchuk.

So I guess that Backes to Vancouver for Schneider/Wellwood/Draft pick rumor was smoke and mirrors, huh?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As for Montreal's culture, they are a mess. They have two disgruntled goalies and some other players who just don't seem to care or get along. Sure, Toronto isn't much better but the fact Montreal is doing as well as they are is luck. Given all their problems, they should be closer to the bottom. At least Toronto has tried to deal with their problems, now we just have to wait and see whether it helps or not.

Since Halak asked for a trade in December, there hasn't been a word out of Montreal about their goalies, but they must certainly be disgruntled. And none of the players get along, even though Laraque went on National TV and said that the chemistry in the locker room is the best he's seen in his career, AFTER he got bought out. And being in the play-off chase after losing their best player for almost 40 games, 2 of their top free-agent acquisitions for a combined 30 games, and one of their first line players for 4 to 6 weeks. Obviously this team is a mess :rolleyes:

The Canadiens aren't where many fans would like them to be, but considering the Bulldogs have the second best record in the AHL, the future is looking bright (especially compared to that Maple Leaf farm system).

You honestly can't believe that just because something doesn't leak out to the media that everything is hunky dory? They just got better at keeping it behind closed doors.

Even though the talk about Price/Halak has died down publicly, it is hard to believe that Halak truely believes he will have the chance as a #1 in Montreal with the Chosen One still playing a chunk of games.

Laraque is only keeping his mouth shut because he wants another job in the NHL. Most players know how to put on a pretty face for the public. Professional players can (mostly) act in a professional manner, especially when that player is in love with the team he just played for. The guy wants back in their good books, of course he will brown nose them.

As for injuries, why aren't the players from the AHL coming up and sharing their success with the parent club? With the Bulldogs doing soooo well, shouldn't some of that success trickle back up to the top when top-prospects fill roster spots?

One last thing, if the AHL was any indication of how the NHL teams should perform, the Price would be the undisputed starter after winning the Calder Cup. Why have the Habs not repeated their success from a few years back? Seriously, an AHL teams performance does not always reflect on how the NHL team performs either in the present or future.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

One last thing, if the AHL was any indication of how the NHL teams should perform, the Price would be the undisputed starter after winning the Calder Cup. Why have the Habs not repeated their success from a few years back? Seriously, an AHL teams performance does not always reflect on how the NHL team performs either in the present or future.

Agreed. If this trend was true, then today should be considered the glory days for the Edmonton Oilers.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wow, those 2 moves from the Leafs, Giguere and Phaneuf, what a shocker! For me anyway.

Even though the talk about Price/Halak has died down publicly, it is hard to believe that Halak truely believes he will have the chance as a #1 in Montreal with the Chosen One still playing a chunk of games.

This is true. Here's why: Some people don't jump all over Halak because they believe he's already at his "peak", which is something ranging from an above-average goalie to a good goalie. Those same people keep saying that Price is a bit younger, so one of these years, he will perform like the Patrick Roy that people claimed he would become. Any outcome is possible within the next 5 years. And since I don't have a crystal ball, it makes me happy that Jacques Martin is currently relying on the goalie with the best numbers, who is Jaroslav Halak. Maybe this is why the Habs are not rotting inside of that hole at the moment.

I hope Price does become a more solid performer, I just don't know if it will be here or somewhere else.

Agreed. If this trend was true, then today should be considered the glory days for the Edmonton Oilers.

Last time the Bulldogs were this good, they won the Calder Cup. The next year the Habs won the Eastern Conference Regular season. It's not rock solid logic, but there was obviously some co-relation going on there.

1zqy8ok.gif

This mass exodus of offensive players will allow guys like Bozak and Hanson to step up into a full time NHL role. I don't have high expectations from these trades, but i am extremely curious to see how the trade deadline and offseason pan out.

They're changing the culture. It has been sorely needed. Hopefully it works out... unlike how things have transpired in Montreal...

You also can't argue that Toronto has the best D-men in the East with Phaneuf, Komisarek, Kaberle, Beauchemin and Schenn... I'd say that is the deepest top 2.5 in the conference (Exelby and Gunnarsson aren't bad either!).

I don't know if bringing in Phaneuf is a plus for your team culture. The guy has all the charisma of a leper, and is apparently a complete diva with a bad attitude.

The ship that is the Calgary Flames is going down. Olli Jokinen & Brandon Prust are New York Rangers.

Ales F'ing Kotalik is a Flame. I would have done Jokinen for Higgins and 2nd or a 3rd rounder. Unless this deal ends up having Kotalik being shipped out soon this deal makes no freaking sense.

This is last straw for Darryl Sutter if this doesn't work.

The ship that is the Calgary Flames is going down. Olli Jokinen & Brandon Prust are New York Rangers.

Ales F'ing Kotalik is a Flame. I would have done Jokinen for Higgins and 2nd or a 3rd rounder. Unless this deal ends up having Kotalik being shipped out soon this deal makes no freaking sense.

You really should do something about those mood swings of yours. Maybe take some uppers or downers to even yourself out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You really should do something about those mood swings of yours. Maybe take some uppers or downers to even yourself out.

If your a Flames fan and Darryl Sutter is the man that pulls the trigger you'd have the mood swings too.

Realistically, I don't see how this drastic a roster overhaul is going to make a significant difference this season. I mean, I'm a Canucks fan, I sat through Keenan's late 90's dismantling of the franchise, and this kind of thing pretty much never produces any long term results.

If your a Flames fan and Darryl Sutter is the man that pulls the trigger you'd have the mood swings too.

Darryl Sutter is the Canadian Omar Minaya.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Stars and Wild clash tonight on TSN2.

It doesn't feel like the Stars should be anywhere near that playoff spot, (including overtime losses we have lost a total of 31 times in 55 games)yet we are only three points away from the final spot. :therock:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived