2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

96359651_slide.jpg

I'm sure this is a sight no one thought they'd ever see.

Phanuef gets in a fight early in the first period.

I did not think I would hear the ACC that loud ever this season.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

96359651_slide.jpg

I'm sure this is a sight no one thought they'd ever see.

Phanuef gets in a fight early in the first period.

I did not think I would hear the ACC that loud ever this season.

Yea... he is a showman. He should do well as long as he does some theatrics the odd time. Eddie Shack didn't put up a lot of points but he provided an edge that just seemed to energize the team... and Phaneuf seems like he could deliver that most nights.

I know Liam is upset, but I have to say I am more than happy to finally see Giguere in net for us. I have wanted him ever since following him during the '03 run and am happy to finally have him. He won't always be solid, but when he is on his game... he is still pretty damn stellar.

I hope this new sense of competition can keep the team hungry... I don't care whether they win or lose as long as they actually look like they try and don't take losing lightly. I know this was one game, but most of the players seemed to have an edge to them that has been missing from the Leafs for a long, long time. Nothing is secured and I hope they finally get that message.

BTW, a better pic.

GYI0059483778.2103173_large.jpg

I don't normally get customized jerseys, but I believe I may have to buy a Giguere one next season...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Franchise Record: 11 Straight Wins! :hockeysmiley:

11 straight amazing wins. What a run. Lets hope they keep it going.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

What a joke. I've never seen a team so :censored:ing inept at offense. All the defenders suck right now besides Chara and Boychuck, and Michael Ryder is a useless, fat piece of crap (But he's not alone). This is a pitiful, pitiful run and I'm edging closer to the Blow-It-Up philosophy. Priority 1: Kovalchuk. Disgusting.

(Well, if this keeps up, Boston could have 2 Top-5 picks. Exciting, but in a tragic sort of way.)

What a joke. I've never seen a team so :censored:ing inept at offense. All the defenders suck right now besides Chara and Boychuck, and Michael Ryder is a useless, fat piece of crap (But he's not alone). This is a pitiful, pitiful run and I'm edging closer to the Blow-It-Up philosophy. Priority 1: Kovalchuk. Disgusting.

Shouldn't priority one find some way to help the Leafs stink it up even more so you have a real chance at grabbing #1 pick? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What a joke. I've never seen a team so :censored:ing inept at offense. All the defenders suck besides Chara and Boychuck, and Michael Ryder is a useless, fat piece of crap (But he's not alone). This is a pitiful, pitiful run and I'm edging closer to the Blow-It-Up philosophy. Priority 1: Kovalchuk. Disgusting.

Ryder has always been a streaky scorer, he just hasn't found his streak yet........................

What happened to Wideman btw? He looks like a deer in headlights every time the puck his on his stick, is his confidence that low? Looks like it.

As for the Blow-It-Up philosophy. Not so fast. I said it before, this team needs either a coaching change or a prolific scorer. Maybe both, but we won't see both. I wouldn't mind deals to bring Tkachuk and Kovy here, though I doubt both would happen and Keith really wouldn't make as much sense this year as he did last. I also wouldn't mind dealing Rask, or Thomas, but Thomas is about as unattractive as Joan Rivers with his contract. So with that said, unload the Leafs pick, Rask, and a young winger (maybe 2) and bring in some proven talent. I knew from the get go losing vets like Yelle, Ward, and Kobasew would play a part in this season, but I didn't think it would be THIS negative. The team is simply in a bad place, mentally, physically, and in the standings. Nothing short of getting Kovalchuk and showing Claude the door is gunna get this thing turned around.

Quick note, has Andrew Ference gone into witness protection since breaking his leg last year? WHERE IS THIS GUY?

Congrats to Jiggy on the shutout!

Here's hope to continued success for Giguere in Toronto.

When it's all said and done, Giguere's #35 will hang in the Ducks' rafters next to Selanne's #8. Ducks GM Bob Murray said so yesterday.

Damn I'm gonna miss that guy.

19575_1244395223653_1042530094_30628952_1274324_n.jpg19575_1244395423658_1042530094_30628957_4977839_n.jpg19575_1244395503660_1042530094_30628959_4693772_n.jpg19575_1244395343656_1042530094_30628955_4129481_n.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Shouldn't priority one find some way to help the Leafs stink it up even more so you have a real chance at grabbing #1 pick? :P

Yeah, we could borrow Phil the Thrill for a little; maybe he could put the puck in the net for us. Also, the entire rest of the Leafs' forwards are Junior Hockey/AHL players, so this would make the team that much more consistent. Win/Win! :P

What a joke. I've never seen a team so :censored:ing inept at offense. All the defenders suck besides Chara and Boychuck, and Michael Ryder is a useless, fat piece of crap (But he's not alone). This is a pitiful, pitiful run and I'm edging closer to the Blow-It-Up philosophy. Priority 1: Kovalchuk. Disgusting.

Ryder has always been a streaky scorer, he just hasn't found his streak yet........................

What happened to Wideman btw? He looks like a deer in headlights every time the puck his on his stick, is his confidence that low? Looks like it.

As for the Blow-It-Up philosophy. Not so fast. I said it before, this team needs either a coaching change or a prolific scorer. Maybe both, but we won't see both. I wouldn't mind deals to bring Tkachuk and Kovy here, though I doubt both would happen and Keith really wouldn't make as much sense this year as he did last. I also wouldn't mind dealing Rask, or Thomas, but Thomas is about as unattractive as Joan Rivers with his contract. So with that said, unload the Leafs pick, Rask, and a young winger (maybe 2) and bring in some proven talent. I knew from the get go losing vets like Yelle, Ward, and Kobasew would play a part in this season, but I didn't think it would be THIS negative. The team is simply in a bad place, mentally, physically, and in the standings. Nothing short of getting Kovalchuk and showing Claude the door is gunna get this thing turned around.

Quick note, has Andrew Ference gone into witness protection since breaking his leg last year? WHERE IS THIS GUY?

Yeah, I don't think Ryder is going to find any streak that can make his acquisition justified.

Wideman is the crazy story of the year. He looked really valuable at the end of last year, now... not at all. I have no idea. Ference I always liked, but you have to play to be useful, and that clearly isn't working out.

Okay. I can agree to holding off on Blow-it-Up, but I disagree with some of your statements. Yelle was alright, but I truly think Ward and Kobasew (especially Kobasew) would just be holding this team back even more. Ward is awful talent-wise at this age. Kobasew was hesitant, not incredibly talented, and not a leader. Also, dealing Rask would be a huge mistake. He is the young, cheap goalie on the team and at this point I think he is the best goalie on the team. Thomas' contract is the single dumbest, most boneheaded contract I have ever seen in any sport ever. It COMPLETELY hinders this team from making forward progress in a lot of areas (and I mean a lot of areas). WTF was that all about? Rask is the future and Thomas is the past. Unfortunately, Thomas is also the next 4 years, whether that is moving up to the blue line on odd man rushes or losing focus to crosscheck people while the puck whizzes by or it is rotting in a nursing home. If they can somehow give up stuff like the '11 first rounder, Hamill, Colborne, Hunwick, Sturm, etc. to get Kovalchuk that would be the best-case scenario and in my opinion, a no-brainer. The kicker is whether they can re-sign Kovy, 'cause 30 games of him would be a complete waste.

Yeah, I don't think Ryder is going to find any streak that can make his acquisition justified.

Wideman is the crazy story of the year. He looked really valuable at the end of last year, now... not at all. I have no idea. Ference I always liked, but you have to play to be useful, and that clearly isn't working out.

Okay. I can agree to holding off on Blow-it-Up, but I disagree with some of your statements. Yelle was alright, but I truly think Ward and Kobasew (especially Kobasew) would just be holding this team back even more. Ward is awful talent-wise at this age. Kobasew was hesitant, not incredibly talented, and not a leader. Also, dealing Rask would be a huge mistake. He is the young, cheap goalie on the team and at this point I think he is the best goalie on the team. Thomas' contract is the single dumbest, most boneheaded contract I have ever seen in any sport ever. It COMPLETELY hinders this team from making forward progress in a lot of areas (and I mean a lot of areas). WTF was that all about? Rask is the future and Thomas is the past. Unfortunately, Thomas is also the next 4 years, whether that is moving up to the blue line on odd man rushes or losing focus to crosscheck people while the puck whizzes by or it is rotting in a nursing home. If they can somehow give up stuff like the '11 first rounder, Hamill, Colborne, Hunwick, Sturm, etc. to get Kovalchuk that would be the best-case scenario and in my opinion, a no-brainer. The kicker is whether they can re-sign Kovy, 'cause 30 games of him would be a complete waste.

Fair enough. Although I think having the likes of Yelle and Ward around for the locker room presence would be great. Ward knows how to win, regardless of his talent level at this age, or his ability to take a punch. But I digress. I would love to keep Rask as much as the next guy, but it simply (unfortunetly) doesn't make much sense; especially if they can deal him for a scorer. The Thomas contract puts a quagmire in net for the next 4 years and by default has to be the goalie with the majority of the starts. You can't throw 5 million at a player who's playing 20 games a year, his name isn't Gaborik. Which therefor means, you keep Rask around and gets in 80-100 games in the next 4 years of you deal him now at the peak of his value. If it were me I'd deal him, but if it were me the Bruins wouldn't be in that mess to begin with. As for resigning Kovy, looking at the numbers (and I may be wrong) the Bruins have about 11.5 mil coming off the cap next year which would leave them with around 12 to spend. Kovalchuk is gunna demand top money, and only 9 guys on the books for next year (not including Rask/Thomas). So the only way I see Kovalchuk sticking around is shedding cap space through trades or filling the rest of the roster with AHL plug-ins and mid-aged to over-aged veterans. Now that I look at it, is that really worth saving this season? No. But would I love to see Kovalchuk in the black and gold? Hell yes. Hmmm.

The Ducks should retire Giguere's number by putting it on a pair of forty-foot goalie pads and raising those to the rafters. A more fitting tribute there'd never be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Ducks should retire Giguere's number by putting it on a pair of forty-foot goalie pads and raising those to the rafters. A more fitting tribute there'd never be.

I caught the tail-end of the Ducks' morning skate last week, where Giguere and a couple of Ducks were doing extra workouts. Giguere looked old and slow, and his reflexes seemed nonexistant.

Archived