2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blue Jackets fired Ken Hitchcock today. Claude Noel in as interim head coach. We'll have to wait to see what on ice moves they make come trade deadline time. The talk is that Umberger or Torres might be on the move. In my opinion this is well overdue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Versteeg, Barker, pick. Make it happen, Bowman & Son.

Any deal to get Kovalchuk should get Waddell fired. He should be fired after he had one of the best snipers in the league and failed to put a team around him, now he wants to leave cause theres no hope of winning there. Waddell shouldve lost his job a long time ago and now its too late and Atlanta will compete for yet another superstar in the draft that they cant put a team around.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Sort of surprised the Leafs aren't rumoured to be going after Kovalchuk , their current forward group looks awful.

Why would the Leafs who are out of it trade for a pending UFA? A guy like Phanuef with years on his contract makes sense not a upcoming UFA. If they want Kovalchuk they can wait until July 1st and sign him without giving up prospects, picks, and players.

The contenders for Kovalchuk are apparently the Blackhawks, Kings, Flyers, Bruins, Devils, and Rangers.

Any deal to get Kovalchuk should get Waddell fired. He should be fired after he had one of the best snipers in the league and failed to put a team around him, now he wants to leave cause theres no hope of winning there. Waddell shouldve lost his job a long time ago and now its too late and Atlanta will compete for yet another superstar in the draft that they cant put a team around.

I don't think anyone involved with the Thrashers really cares enough to fire him. They only exist to fill arena dates anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kovalchuk wants the league maximum. No one can really afford to pay him that.

He's going to the KHL after this season. He can make $20M a year, have no taxes, and be at home. Bank it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I can't go into full details at this time, but this is a flawed statement. But during the offseason, all of the moves Waddell made were pleasing Kovalchuk: the team traded for Kubina, and signed Antropov to a 4-year deal. The team then gave Afinogenov a tryout, and signed him to a 1-year deal.

In October, Kovalchuk pretty much said he was ready to sign a deal. Then Waddell put off negociations, for some unknown reason. And now, they seem to be miles apart.

Waddell should get fired because of how he handled negociations early on, as well as his poor draft record. But something will happen to cause this not to happen....

I don't think anyone involved with the Thrashers really cares enough to fire him. They only exist to fill arena dates anyway.

Nope. For some reason, the Thrashers always play well at the end of the season....just enough to get optimism about the team heading into the offseason and following season. This false-sense of optimism had those in charge keeping Waddell around and see if he could build off the strong finish of the season before.

Kovalchuk wants the league maximum. No one can really afford to pay him that.

He's going to the KHL after this season. He can make $20M a year, have no taxes, and be at home. Bank it.

No one can afford that...right now. But teams can and will find a way to trim payroll shortly before July 1st. San Jose was able to clear cap space to trade for Heatley, Philadelphia made cap room to trade for Pronger, etc.

I think they're playing hardball just to assure that they'll be testing the free-agent waters. After all, this will be the biggest contract Kovalchuk will ever get to negociate (assuming he doesn't pull a Hossa and sign a 1-year deal).

I doubt Kovalchuk plays in the KHL next season. Not only does his play show to the fans that he's wanting to win the Cup, but he's also becoming more and more of a family man. He's never spoken about wanting to move back to Russia.

Archived