2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

per Kevin Allen's (USAToday) Twitter

Told Kovalchuk is being traded to an Eastern Conference team tonight. I'm awaiting confirmation that deal is complete.

Bob McKenzie (TSN) says its not the Bruins or the Rangers.

My thoughts are the Flyers, Caps, and Devils in that order.

Late entry into the sweepstakes are the Habs.

And the winner is the New Jersey Devils according to FSN.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. He really wants to get out of that organization.

Also turned down a 7/$70M deal. Either one would've made him either near the highest or the highest paid player in the NHL. I honestly want the Thrashers to get him gone ASAP at this point so that the franchise can move on to the future & Waddell's next false sense of hope-moves. :P

Also, good luck to any other team that tries to negotiate a deal with him. I'm honestly getting the feeling that part of him rejecting that move was because he didn't wanna be in Atlanta much longer & part of it was because he still wants more. Can't wait to see who'd be willing to give him a bigger contract than 12/$101M

Oduya is one player heading to ATL.

If I had to bet on a deal it would be Oduya, Bergfors, Palmieri, and a 1st. That was the rumored deal last night.

The confirmed going back are Oduya, Bergfors, a prospect, and a 1st. You could be dead on if Palmieri is that prospect.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

The deal is confirmed

Devils get Kovalchuk

Thrashers get Johnny Oduya, Niclas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, and a 1st round pick

Seems like a little much for a rental player, unless they can sign him long term.

Oduya after a good year last year has had a horrible year this year under Lemaire. Bergfors after a strong start has cooled off this last month though he is the best player Atlanta got in the deal. Cormier is a prospect and you don't know how he'll turnout especially after what he has gone through this year. The 1st rounder is a late pick.

I like this deal for the Devils, they got a top 5 NHL player without gutting their team.

EDIT: Apparently Anssi Salmela is returning to the Devils in the deal. They traded him to Atlanta at the deadline last year.

Will the Thrasher fans be happy that's the problem? Because I think the Devils steal this one in the end. Cormier might not pan out, Bergfors is a future Top 6 Forward, Oduya great young defender still some room for growth and the Draft Pick will be a very late one.

And it at least he'll stay out East.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Johnny Oduya (damn right I do), draft pick, and hot garbage. Square. in. the. nuts. I'd hate to be the guy asking STHs if they're looking to renew.

As someone who started following the Thrashers because of their affiliation with the Wolves, I concur, and am icing things down as I type. This franchise is dead, dead, done. Whatever trace elements of fandom were left in Atlanta will surely dissipate after this. I simply can not see a way that the Atlanta Thrashers exist by 2013.

Congratulations, Don Waddell. After years of escalating ineptitude, you've officially outdone Mike Milbury. I look forward to you ruining Sunday afternoon hockey telecasts in a few years' time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived