St. Louis Stallions

AHcreative

Hey guys. I was working on that owls concept I started awhile back and I messed with it for awhile, then I just decided to start a new concept. After watching that Rams brutal loss to the Seahawks, I started to wonder, "Hmm, I wonder what we would look like if we would have gotten that expansion bid?". So, here it is. I took the official colors from the SSUR site and darkened them a little. So here's the logo for now, notice the nod to the Rams with the stallion's mouth, which is pretty much the same as the mouth on the Rams logo. I'll probably post some uniform concepts in the near future as well.

Comments would be great guys. Thanks!

Heitert.png

i like it, only critiques:

looks to much like broncos, with the jaw pattern the same

and you said you darkened to colors but the blue is now purple and id go with the dark blue

id also change the eye a bit, maybe actually make that CLOSER to the bronco's eye, try no pupil

otherwise awesome, you should make some uni's for sure

and you said you darkened to colors but the blue is now purple and id go with the dark blue

id also change the eye a bit, maybe actually make that CLOSER to the bronco's eye, try no pupil

Well actually the proposed colors of the Stallions were purple and gold. Yeah, I noticed the similarities, I used the Broncos logo as a reference, I guess I made it a little too similar. The eye though is one of my favorite features though, but I'll do some updates and definitely do some unis later.

Something feels out of whack with this. I think the mane might be a little too big in proportion to the head, and I'm quite certain the ear should be bigger. The mane feels a bit detached from the rest of the head too; maybe if you reduced the amount of purple in between, or got rid of it altogether.

I agree with what's been said, way too "broncos style"...Try using the logo instead of a template, as more of a guide for an idea, maybe using a different perspective, but referring back to the Broncos logo as what you can include for features, shadowing, etc...

Also, try widening the logo, I see what you were trying to do with the normal posture of the head, but it seems to narrow...

Well actually the proposed colors of the Stallions were purple and gold. Yeah, I noticed the similarities, I used the Broncos logo as a reference, I guess I made it a little too similar. The eye though is one of my favorite features though, but I'll do some updates and definitely do some unis later.

haha, see i didnt know that, im a teenager and never heard bout the stallions, i thought you came up with that name. anyways, i dont like that purple at all, i would go with the blue or a darker (ravens dark) purple. those colors look like college colors.

some more after i thought for a sec:i really like the logo, and if the broncos logo wasnt there i would totally use this one, i really like how you kept the rams mouth, looks good. and then i think the mane is in good proportion, unlike the others

Heitert...it looks good. You're close. Something's a little off though. Try going with just one jawline rather than the 3 that you have. Straighten the top of his head out a tad. Bring the top of his nose back straight until just before the eye. Give it a small step up to meet your existing curved line. You could try starting the mane ahead of the ears.

Just out of interest, did you know that our Canadian Football League expanded into the States back around 1994-5? Baltimore had a team named the Stallions; in fact they won the CFL championship- the Grey Cup- one year. You can check out their Stallion logo in CCSLC's archives.

Unfortunately, as a few people have pointed out, this

Heitert.png

is far too similar to this

457.gif

I know it's tough since the original Stallions logo came before the Broncos' redesign, but you're going to have to start from scratch if you really want a good logo that doesn't look like a rip off.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for that logo Blackjack. I was always confused on what the official colors were, obviously the shirt that Mockba posted had more of a yellowish gold. Okay though, I'll go back to the drawing board with this one. I kind of thought it looked too similar to Denver's logo too, and that's why I wanted some opinions. I'll see if I can come up with something in the next week or so.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to working on this. I thought I'd just start from scratch and this is what I have so far:

Stallions-1.png

I know I need to clean up the mane, I figure I can do that on the computer, but do you guys have any suggestions as to what else I should do with this before I trace it? Any and all comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived