MiLB Re-Brands

bohob

OK, thanks to everyone who commented. We have some updates.

What's New:

• The tertiary logo is now an L with wings.

• The road cap features the L logo.

• The primary home uniform has purple numbers outlined in green, not black with purple.

• The alternate home is purple.

• The road alternate is black.

Overall, I tried to balance the colors a little more, so the set is more unified. I also feel the L logo makes the logo set less redundant. Please leave C&C, let me know how the edits are working.

bats_id4.jpg

bats_uniforms1b.jpg

bats_uniforms2b.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, I really like it.

I love the Bats wordmark. The Louisville one isn't quite as creative, but it's still solid.

The bat is rendered really nicely, I like how it's almost on the verge of being cartoony, but still realistic.

The one thing that just really bothers me is the hats. You can't really see anything on the black hats. The bat doesn't really show up well on the home, and the L is the only thing you can see on the away. What if you did a white hat? How about a neon green hat? I tell ya, if you were actually making the identity for the Bats, I would buy a neon green hat with the bat on it in a second. It'd be very unique, and I'd love to see how it'd look.

Quality work, as always.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, I have another conepts for the fine people at the CCSLC to gaze upon. This time it's for the Beloit Snappers. As is the name of the game, everything is custom, the logos, the treatment of the font, etc. I figured the green and yellow look would be quite fitting for the Snappers, and would not look so much like the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Personally, my favorite part is the baseball stitching on the turtle's shell. The uni's feature faux-v-neck trim. Also, the green jersey can be worn on both home and road occasions. C&C please.

snappers_id.jpg

snappers_uniforms1.jpg

snappers_uniforms2.jpg

Louisville Bats:

Like the colors, very original. Better now with more purple in the homes.

Bat logo is great. Kudos for going with the front of the bat including the face. Bat logos that I can remember have always been outlines only.

One question and one criticism:

Was it intentional for the primary logo wordmark and the uniform wordmark to be different? The uniform letters are noticably less vertically stretched.

The primary logo: I think it's hard to read the letters B, A and T. I like the idea of a bat going through it, but not at the expense of readability. The B and A are too broken, and the T looks like an I. Maybe change that up somehow a little, or move the bat above the letters.

Nice job overall.

Beliot Snappers:

You just posted this concept while I was typing my last reply, so I haven't had much time to weigh on it yet, but here are my first impressions since I'm already here.

Wow.

Logo: Excellent. Very professional. Great colors. Fun and appropriate wordmark. And yes, you're right, the stitching on the turtle shell is awesome.

Uniform: Sorry to say I'm a little disappointed. I really liked the logo's colors, the light green was very original and went with the yellow and darker green trim so well. I would have liked to have seen that as the primary color. Or at least a light green cap for home or road. The green and yellow are nice, but too much like Oregon (or at least what Oregon should be) or the old Oakland A's. Again, that is not a bad thing, but I would love to see the light green used as primary.

The S with the turtle shell secondary logo is cute, but I'm not sure that works great for the caps. It makes the S hard to read from afar, and a turtle shell doesn't exactly shout confidence.

I really like the Snappers' colors and the stitching on the shell is awesome. I'm not a fan of the number font, though. I know this is for minor leagues, but the numbers just look a bit too cartoonish for my taste. I'd say to go with a slightly more standard font for this one. Other than that it looks great!

And I really like the shell on the S of the cap, it reminds me of a speeding Koopa shell from Super Mario.

TDZiMMB.png

Snappers look pretty good. Again, the colors and type are especially nice, and fit the name. Uniforms are simple, but work well. I especially like the v-neck and the striping in general.

Small concerns: I'd definitely find a way to work "Beloit" into that primary logo. Maybe a simple, semicircular arch over the turtle.

Also, the shell on the cap logo is turning into a lemon/lime sort of thing to me, especially from a distance and without any turtle body as reference. Pair it with the S, and all I can see is "Sprite." It sucks, because I'm not really sure what can be done about it--and I'll probably be the only one who's seeing that--but I wanted to throw it out there.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I really like the Snappers' colors and the stitching on the shell is awesome. I'm not a fan of the number font, though. I know this is for minor leagues, but the numbers just look a bit too cartoonish for my taste. I'd say to go with a slightly more standard font for this one. Other than that it looks great!

And I really like the shell on the S of the cap, it reminds me of a speeding Koopa shell from Super Mario.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth on this one.

g4104.png

Jeez, you nailed this one! The primary is amazing and the other logos are great too. Like JNutini said, the hat logo's shell reminds me of Mario Kart. The uniforms are good except for the numbers. They are a little too abstract and are hard to make out. This is a huge improvement overall, nice job giving the Twins organization a little love. :P

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Well, here's an update. I have added BELOIT to the logo, thanks for the suggestion on placement, dgnmrwrw. I have also updated the number font, I noticed that was a common concern. I just didn't like the light green hats, I tried them, but it just wasn't working. I did, however change the front number to light green. I hope this is a fair compromise. Anyways, C&C is always appreciated.

snappers_id3.jpg

snappers_uniforms1b.jpg

snappers_uniforms2b.jpg

snappers_uniforms3.jpg

This this less a knock on your designs, but a general comment regarding real world logo designs.

When I see in a series of logos, containing clearly a common ingredient, look & feel, it is something that I am not a fan of.

It reminds me of the lack of diversity in the choice of designers or design agencies or design purchasers.

Safe design, tried and true are very important when translated to licensed tchotchke sales,

But here in "pretend" land, one would think, one could think out of the box occasionally.

But if the goal is to work towards being a real world player, go for it!

As for your concepts here, I really like the Rattlers. I noticed the tails are different color, but that is not a deal breaker IMO.

As for the Foxes, the only point I'd make is that in the wordmark, I see the letter "X" not conforming to the same angle as the rest of the letters and

a lesser issue, the "O" has a slight bump in the curve (lower left). If by design... keep it!

As for the common ingredient among your logo designs, I mentioned it to you earlier.

Keep the creative juices flowing!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Archived