2004 Nfl Draft Caps

willieg21

You're right, I think. As I said a few weeks ago, my Eagles draft cap that I got before I even knew that they were the draft hat has the Eagles logo embroidered on the side opposite the Reebok vector. Here's a picture:

draftcap.gif

I hope that helps clarify this thing.

EDIT: That Dallas hat you found is interesting since they don't participate in the whole NFL Properties-like agreement. They didn't have the same designs as other teams for some stuff last year, including the draft hat I believe. It will be interesting to see if this is just a compromise for the draft of if this will continue.

I've been waiting on these to come back for a long time. And now that they're finally here they had to make them with the damn trucker mesh. Someone tell Reebok no one wants to pay $20+ for a $3 hat...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I wouldn't call these 100% faithful reproductions of the Sports Specialties caps of the late '80s early 90s. Back in their first time 'round the block, they didn't come in mesh, members of N.W.A. could be found sporting the LA Raiders ones (where it would say LOS ANGELES above the Raiders script) and the Jets hat didn't have NEW YORK written above the Jets script, and the Giants didn't even have a script on theirs, but just the GIANTS wordmark that used to be on the sides of their helmets, but is now under the NFL Equipment tag.

They did these for the bigger NCAA programs and the rest of the major pro sports leagues too. LA Lakers was another team that didn't get the script treatment, but instead had their wordmark on the front of the cap.

From my own collection, I can dig up a kelly green fitted Philadelphia Eagles hat, with black brim, EAGLES in black, and NFL logo to the left of the script on the side of the hat. I also have a black Atlanta Falcons hat, same style, red brim, fitted, NFL logo on the side. My personal favorite is the adjustable white California Angels hat, Angels script in blue outlined in red, with the interlocking CA logo used by the team between the Wally Joyner era pullovers and the Periwinkle faux-sleeveless looks.

These truck-driver versions that Reebok and the NFL are trotting out make me ill. Take heart, though. Just as the Kanji character hats went out of style, mesh caps will also go back into they bargain bins. My only thinking is that fashion designers decided to feature these as part of the whole "I'll dress like I'm dirt poor even though my t-shirt cost $75" mentality. But when was wearing a cap of an NFL team ever a FASHION fashion trend, as opposed to a sports fashion trend?

Okay, my reminiscences and rants are done for now...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Here's what possibly could be another sign............

I know the Colts were only supposed to add grey face masks for a retro look (a la Giants)..........but there's an awefull lot of grey on this cap.

Frankly, the grey is almost used like its a secondary color in the Colts color scheme.

09122412_z.jpg

Could this mean there will be more grey on the Colts then just in the face masks.........I'm talkin along the lines of what they wore in the mid-80's..........

EDIT.........this just in case if anyone forgot about the look the Colts had in 85'........yes that's grey you see on there pants and in between the blue shoulder stripes..........

Colts85.jpg

NYCdog.png

Yeah, we've already had a lengthy thread on the old Colts' Gray (before you came over here). For those who missed it, I posted a somewhat crude scan of an official 1987 Colts Style Guide sheet:

IndianapolisColts_1986_edit.jpg

The hat says Raiders in the big part, and just "The" in the small/city name spot. :therock:

Gotta love the Raiders.

I think they should make one that says "Da Bears!"

While Trucker-style hats look inferior to other normal hats, you'd think that the mesh would allow your head to breath and thus reduce sweating somewhat. The thing I always hated about truckers hats (at least the ones I ever owned) was the fact that the brims of the mesh part was all foam padded nylon instead of that fabric wrapped plastic band that you actually find sewn into most hats today. Hell the whole hat was usually made of foam with a vinyl logo screened on.

I would consider buying a trucker style hat if they were made of more durable material than foam and nylon. These one's don't seem to be that bad. But it's a bit pricey for a hat with only half the material.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

shoot, if i want a trucker hat i'll go down to the goodwill or somewhere, there's old Brewers hats to be had that way. it's been said before and i'll say it again...

DAMN YOU ASHTON KUTCHER!!! :cursing::cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I guess this will show how bad the trucker hat/Ashton Kutcher thing has become.

My roommate gets those Columbia HOuse mailings every month or so, and they always contain junk mail catalogs and such. One of those catalogs was selling the Von Dutch trucker hats. Just in case you couldn't tell right away they were "authentic" hats, the price will tell you explicitly: $55.00! $55 for a damn mesh trucker hat! Unbelievable!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"That's a big 10-4, good buddy."

WHAT AM I SAYING!?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The script is cool, but the hat sucks. Now why the FUDGE is the 49er hat black? Boy, and I thought the team was gonna be bad, now they REALLY want to look like Cardinals...and the Cards look even better! :evil::evil::cursing::cursing::cursing:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived