NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone honestly say that this...

St+Louis+Rams+v+Atlanta+Falcons+Au551aYX4Mwl.jpg3427530007_c3d48564b0.jpg

actually looks better than this?

atl2-1.jpg

Clean, classic look. That's what an NFL team is supposed to look like. I am not entirely familiar with the Falcons' '66 uniforms so I may be off base here but my first impression when I saw these was that they were a cross between '66 and the Jerry Glanville era look. In any case they look great.

Yes, honestly, I can.

Those throwembacks, just like most of them, would look tired after about 2 wearings.

Its 2009.

Mark me down too. Atlanta's modern unis look so much better then these. The throwbacks are a switch, which sometimes don't hurt when you're trying to honor the past, or just don't wanna feel left out of the NFL throwback craze, which is the case here. But let's be honest, there is absolutely no tradition behind them and they would look incredibly outdated if they were worn full-time in 2009.

Bottom line: The Michael Vick-era unis blow away the ....Uhh, I can't even name a Falcons player pre-Deion.... ATL's 1966 gear.

6uXNWAo.png

The Falcons current set would look fine if they'd just wear black jerseys and white pants full-time. My favorite Flacons uniforms however are probably the ones they had right before the switch or the red helmet, red jersey sets.

I'll pose this question before getting into bed:

Is this a sleeve-stripe error on Punter/Holder Steve Weatherford's uniform or is it just too long a nameplate and the "base" of the stripe wouldn't extend further down on the way the jersey is cut?

Either way, it just looks like something you'd see in the "cheap" jersey rack at Target or Wal-Mart without it...

Also notice that regularly the stripes are "flat" fabric while the sleeves are "dazzle"...it appears Weatherford is all dazzle here...

AL_P9185.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Is this a sleeve-stripe error on Punter/Holder Steve Weatherford's uniform or is it just too long a nameplate and the "base" of the stripe wouldn't extend further down on the way the jersey is cut?

AL_P9185.jpg

I noticed this as well. It looks tacky. As much as I adore the Jets current uniform, if they're going to resort to butchering their jerseys because names, logos, stripes, and sleeves can't fit on them, which seems to be the case, then maybe it's time to go with a different look that will accommodate them.

6uXNWAo.png

Add another to not a big fan of the Falcons throwbacks. I hate the gold, it ruins it for me.

I'm not a fan of throwbacks being used as an alternate, or used as the fulltime unis when something modern was there.

I get bored with them, it shows the lack of creativity in a team, not the lame excuse of cherishing tradition. Oh, not to mention it's an excuse to get more money for throwback jerseys they are selling that are worn once in a year like the Falcons, Bucs, and some others are doing.

Sigh.

2ly2w09.jpg

atl2-1.jpg

Clean, classic look. That's what an NFL team is supposed to look like. I am not entirely familiar with the Falcons' '66 uniforms so I may be off base here but my first impression when I saw these was that they were a cross between '66 and the Jerry Glanville era look. In any case they look great.

Yes, honestly, I can.

Those throwembacks, just like most of them, would look tired after about 2 wearings.

Its 2009.

Mark me down too. Atlanta's modern unis look so much better then these. The throwbacks are a switch, which sometimes don't hurt when you're trying to honor the past, or just don't wanna feel left out of the NFL throwback craze, which is the case here. But let's be honest, there is absolutely no tradition behind them and they would look incredibly outdated if they were worn full-time in 2009.

Bottom line: The Michael Vick-era unis blow away the ....Uhh, I can't even name a Falcons player pre-Deion.... 1966 gear away.

Mick Luckhurst (Mind you I only remember him because he was English and got a lot of publicity over here!!)

Incidentally, do the Colts or Packers unis look tired< Or the Bears or Cowboys or any other team wearing a more traditional look? Don't they look better than say the Bills or Patriots or Broncos? I am not saying you wouldn't have to update a retro outfit to make it more current, but I think you can make a good case for a number of teams going a bit more retro.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I realize many on the boards don't understand why it is necessary for the giants to have 2 pair of grey pants. Historically the giants wore these two styles of pant in the late 50's and early 60's, just never together in the same season.

To see the road-striped pant being worn with the blue jersey looked fantastic! From a traditional/historic standpoint it was the giants of the late 1950's when the thin striping was worn home and on the road.

I believe it gives the Giants a unique "road identity" when forced to wear blue away from home. With the team travelling to Tampa next week there;s a good chance we will see them again!

AL_P9185.jpg

I noticed this as well. It looks tacky. As much as I adore the Jets current uniform, if they're going to resort to butchering their jerseys because names, logos, stripes, and sleeves can't fit on them, which seems to be the case, then maybe it's time to go with a different look that will accommodate them.

Seems to me that the problem could be easily solved by simply using a condensed font for NOB for really long names. This used to be common practice, but nowadays, I can't think of any team that actually does this. Probably because of how the jerseys are mass-produced or quickly lettered, vs. the days of the equipment manager or a little old lady doing each one by hand.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seems to me that the problem could be easily solved by simply using a condensed font for NOB for really long names. This used to be common practice, but nowadays, I can't think of any team that actually does this.

You mean like this?...

41__1221426747_8414.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Despite the fact that they beat my Panthers, the Falcons looked great. Seriously, just wear red helmets, red tops and white pants and burn the Vick-era clown suits (red, white, and black); he's moved on. Simple.

Browns, grow up and be men! A little stripe on the side shouldn't cause chafing or a little discomfort. Or better yet, wear your white or orange pants; you'll at least look better than you play.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

atl2-1.jpg

Yes, honestly, I can.

Its 2009.

Yeah, tired like the Raiders, the Packers, the Giants, the Bears. I guess "tired" means good.

For those of you who are unfamilier with Dennisberginspeak, let me translate... "its 2009" means "uniforms should be ugly now".

Well, the red helmet and black jersey is unique to the NFL right now, so I like it. It's a little refreshing. IMO I think it's a good look overall, Georgia looked good when they wore it in college last year.

Thank you, Miami Dolphins, for wearing aqua jerseys at home.

Thank you, thank you...thank you.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Archived