Cleaning Up Logos

Bmac

Over the past few months, I took some existing logos and cleaned them up. I matched them up with the teams current look. They aren't new logos by me, but they also aren't just re-colored logos.

I took the Chiefs old logo and added some more color, as well as the current logo.

chiefs1.png

I took the original Pat the patriot logo and brought it into today's Patriots, using new colors and making some minor tweaks. Notice all of the details, such as his face and the football.

patriots1.png

I cleaned up an old Steelers logo, making it usable for the currnent team.

steelers1.png

None of these are anything new or exciting, but I took the time to make each logo better. These are not my original logos. All I did was tweak them and clean them up.

looks pretty much re-colored to me. "Cleaning up logos" would result in, i dont know, cleaner logos. Theyre still pixelated messes. If they were actually cleaned up, they wouldnt be bad i guess, as far as very minor tweaks go...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I'm not trying to be rude but I'm just being honest here. These are recolors in my book. I can barely make out any "minor tweaks" and the tweaks I have spotted do not make the logos better. And I gotta say, the pixelation is just bumming me out. It's a nice try but I don't know where you're trying to go with this. I mean come on, I would like you to challenge yourself to make original logos. I am in the process of working on my own, and it feels sooo much more rewarding. And I still highly recommend downloading inkscape, it's amazing. (and free!)

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

You all honestly believe they look worse than they started out? I don't believe you.

You didnt really do anything. If they ended up with cleaner lines, at least we could give you credit for that.

You all honestly believe they look worse than they started out? I don't believe you.

They don't look "worse"...they just looked recolored with deeper shades. They still aren't clean. Look at the last logo...see all that pixelation? That isn't clean. You need to vector it to clean that up...or be REALLY careful with the paint tool in PS.

They don't look "worse"...they just looked recolored with deeper shades. They still aren't clean. Look at the last logo...see all that pixelation? That isn't clean. You need to vector it to clean that up...or be REALLY careful with the paint tool in PS.

all i use is PS, so that should tell you just cause you dont have a vector program, it doesnt mean that it isnt possible.

all i use is PS, so that should tell you just cause you dont have a vector program, it doesnt mean that it isnt possible.

yeah, I wasn't saying that it HAD to be vectored to be clean- a good hand and knowledge of PS will work as well.

I cleaned up the Steelers logo more so it is less pixelated. Better?

Here is what I originally posted:

steelers1.png

Here is more cleaned up:

steelers2.png

:wacko: No. It's just less blurry. Do you realize that the original logo wasn't actually that horrible looking? That's just a low quality image. I'm almost positive that when that logo was printed on merchandise etc. it had clean lines, again that's probably just the highest quality image Chris Creamer could find. Okay, compare the line in this logo...

457.gif

... to the lines in "your" logo. Do you get it? Make the lines straight, even, and clean. And take the logo off the front of his overalls, it's just silly. Hope this helps. And I'd like to add another recommendation to use inkscape. :P

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

I cleaned up the Steelers logo more so it is less pixelated. Better?

Here is what I originally posted:

Here is more cleaned up:

:wacko: No. It's just less blurry. Do you realize that the original logo wasn't actually that horrible looking? That's just a low quality image. I'm almost positive that when that logo was printed on merchandise etc. it had clean lines, again that's probably just the highest quality image Chris Creamer could find. Okay, compare the line in this logo...

... to the lines in "your" logo. Do you get it? Make the lines straight, even, and clean. And take the logo off the front of his overalls, it's just silly. Hope this helps. And I'd like to add another recommendation to use inkscape. :P

Okay, I see what you mean know. I am working on an update.

I think this is a good project to help you get comfortable with computer art programs. Looking forward to seeing your progress

My first concepts on these boards was some logos I played around in photoshop to make look more 3D and I got hit hard for it. A lot of people said I didn't really do anything and it was a waste of board space. But I know where your coming from because I really did it just for fun and to play around and learn more about photoshop. It might not have been super creative or hard to do but it looked nice and it was a fun project.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=23339

If I were you I'd focus on 1 logo (the steelers one your doing for example) and clean it up to "perfection" then move on to another one. Don't spread yourself too thin.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Okay, I cleaned up the lines on the Steelers logo. Am I heading in the right direction?

Definitely. But like everyone else has said, the lines all over the logo need to be straight.

You could also add minor changes to the logos, like adding a few buttons to the character's shirt, pants details or a modified facial expression, etc.

Archived