Reebok Swingman NHL Jerseys

pittfan11

I'm not sure if you've realized this but the font on that Lightning jersey is wrong. Tampa's alt. has white numbers outlined in silver then outlined in black.

Wow, so I bought a fake or what?

not necessarly, but it's a good possiblity. How much did you pay for the jersey and where was it shipped from. If you go to the NHL shop and search for your jersey you will can see what Spartacat sees. I try to avoid eBay for edges due t o the surplus in fakes.

The jersey was shipped from New York, but it took like 4 or 5 days from the time I ordered it for it to ship from there, so I suspect he may have secretly gotten it from China or a foreign country in that time. I might just be paranoid. And it's not an Edge, it's one of the Premier replica jerseys.

The numbers should be black, silver, white (from outside to inside):

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181032&cp=3253878&clickid=body_bestsell_img

As for my two cents, I love the Edge jerseys but hate the premier replicas. Someone else said it, but I LOVE the feel of the Edge jerseys because of that softness, similar to how the Starters used to be. I have not and will not buy a "premier" replica due to the numbers and the ROI (more $ than CCM/Koho for a lesser quality product). Plus, the crappy shoulder patches REALLY bother me.

Rob

So is it a known fact that Reebok messes up the numbers on the premier jerseys? Everything else on my jersey looks fine.

mav23.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my Caps premier replica from river city sports online. yeah its thinner than the old ones, but the more i wear it the more i like the feel. theres a few runs in it but thats it. i hang dry mine, i dont put any of my jerseys in the dryer. i love it.

edit: the only real complaint i have is that my shoulder logo has faded just a bit over the past couple years. thats about it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm not sure if you've realized this but the font on that Lightning jersey is wrong. Tampa's alt. has white numbers outlined in silver then outlined in black.

Wow, so I bought a fake or what?

not necessarly, but it's a good possiblity. How much did you pay for the jersey and where was it shipped from. If you go to the NHL shop and search for your jersey you will can see what Spartacat sees. I try to avoid eBay for edges due t o the surplus in fakes.

The jersey was shipped from New York, but it took like 4 or 5 days from the time I ordered it for it to ship from there, so I suspect he may have secretly gotten it from China or a foreign country in that time. I might just be paranoid. And it's not an Edge, it's one of the Premier replica jerseys.

The numbers should be black, silver, white (from outside to inside):

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181032&cp=3253878&clickid=body_bestsell_img

As for my two cents, I love the Edge jerseys but hate the premier replicas. Someone else said it, but I LOVE the feel of the Edge jerseys because of that softness, similar to how the Starters used to be. I have not and will not buy a "premier" replica due to the numbers and the ROI (more $ than CCM/Koho for a lesser quality product). Plus, the crappy shoulder patches REALLY bother me.

Rob

So is it a known fact that Reebok messes up the numbers on the premier jerseys? Everything else on my jersey looks fine.

I think what you bought could be termed a "factory second." I've seen a couple of sellers with quite a few of these on eBay for Tampa Bay. The incorrect color scheme was likely a factory error, so Reebok unloaded all these "mistakes" to a distributor on the cheap, who's turning around and selling them for far below standard retail. It seems like eBay sellers who have these "error" jerseys also have a lot of pre-Edge jerseys, and jerseys of players with their former teams.

So, in brief, it's not a counterfeit, it's just a little bit off, and you probably saved 50% or more because of it. If you can live with the flawed detail, you scored a nice bargain.

Oh, and as a general rule, hockey and baseball jerseys should never see the inside of a dryer, and football jerseys should only be in long enough to get the wrinkles out - 10 to 15 minutes. And always wash your jerseys inside-out to minimize crest/screenprinting damage.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On topic: searched google for the care instructions for the edge replicas, and got a bunch of results that said "DO NOT Dry Clean". Wasn't able to find anything on the actual sites that the results linked to though, so I'm not sure if that's a valid direction or not. I'm going to be out at a pro-shop today, so I could ask someone there what the best way to care for these things is.

Well, since it says right on the jersey's tag, "DO NOT DRY CLEAN", yes, I believe the bunch of results that you got saying, "DO NO Dry Clean", is a valid direction.

I have a few of the new jerseys, and while no, I definitely don't like them as much as the old CCM's, as long as everything is sewn, tackle twill, they're not horrible overall. But, if you end up getting one of the screen-printed, pieces of chit that NHL.com sells, then yes, they're trash. I learned that lesson once, without getting a refund from them, and now I strictly go to independent shops that guarantee you're getting quality customization.

Yeah, I figured that the text in the results was from the actual label, but I couldn't actually click to see the entire contents of a label, so I wasn't sure. For what it's worth, I asked some people today about these jerseys and the care, and they just kinda laughed and said that they suck. I realize that's not very helpful, but that's the response I got.

I'm curious as to why people are saying not to air dry. What's the diff between air drying and tumble drying... since tumble drying uses, well, air.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm curious as to why people are saying not to air dry. What's the diff between air drying and tumble drying... since tumble drying uses, well, air.

I assume you mean, "why people are saying not to tumble dry," and I would say the heat, mainly. Especially if there's something screenprinted on the jersey, the heat could really screw it up. Plus, that eliminates the possibility of it shrinking, which is still minimal given the synthetic materials.

I assume you mean, "why people are saying not to tumble dry," and I would say the heat, mainly. Especially if there's something screenprinted on the jersey, the heat could really screw it up. Plus, that eliminates the possibility of it shrinking, which is still minimal given the synthetic materials.

No, there was a post that specifically said that the tag said not to air dry. Saying "do not tumble dry" makes more sense - perhaps that's what that poster meant to say.

Rule of thumb (not just for jerseys): If you really care about it, don't tumble dry it. Anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Personally, I like the older style jerseys. My favorite might be the ProPlayer jerseys from the late 90's/early 2000's. The replicas were such great quality and whenever I see one on eBay, I can't pass it up.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Personally, I like the older style jerseys. My favorite might be the ProPlayer jerseys from the late 90's/early 2000's. The replicas were such great quality and whenever I see one on eBay, I can't pass it up.

Seconded. Everything's sewn on, the material's so soft without being flimsy, and they made one of the few Blackhawks replicas with the proper shoulder patches.

The Edge material does feel nice, but the fit is a bit odd. It's nice the way it's more tapered in the torso, but the sleeves are a bit too long, and the jersey tends to billow out in the back, at least on me. Oh, and one of the reasons Edge jerseys have such a nicer fit is that Reebok decided to make authentic jerseys ridiculously large shortly before the Edge rollout. A size 46 from 2005 fits about the same as a size 48 from 2000.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

pro player (and Starter) were the only vendors to get the Flyers' crest right on the replica jerseys. CCM always had the black outline around the slanted-P, while the other manufacturers had strictly a white outline. Not sure about Nike.

I bought myself a blank edge jersey from a UK based website. The jersey's almost as comfortable as the old CCM/KOHO replicas, with the only thing stopping it from being just as comfortable being the needlessly stiff collar. It's a pain just to get my head through it, whereas with the old replicas you can easily slip your head through.

Because the changeover to Edge was so big (or controversial, whichever way you see it) at the time, I did a review of sorts sometime last year for my site. </self plug>

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Are your jerseys all numbered / lettered for the young goalies that the Flyers gave up on too soon?

Give it up already. It's getting annoying.

Let's see here:

In my post, I managed to also include something relative to the topic.

Your post added nothing, and just bumped it up so anyone who was interested could read you telling me to "give up". I'd argue that's more annoying. Perhaps you can find a thread to ruin somewhere with a pointless Sens / Leafs argument. Or just die. Either way.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're not worth it.

Hi, how are you?

I've got a Kings alt and a Kings home jersey. No problems thus far. If the shoulder patches on the home start fading, I might end up taking the patches off of my CCM one and sewing them on there, since the edge ones actually fit me a hell of a lot better than the standard CCM one.

Also helps that I got the numbers professionally added, so if anything, I might just have a drycleaner/tailor/embroidery shop chain stitch the logo on to reinforce it a bit.

VmWIn6B.png

I think what you bought could be termed a "factory second." I've seen a couple of sellers with quite a few of these on eBay for Tampa Bay. The incorrect color scheme was likely a factory error, so Reebok unloaded all these "mistakes" to a distributor on the cheap, who's turning around and selling them for far below standard retail. It seems like eBay sellers who have these "error" jerseys also have a lot of pre-Edge jerseys, and jerseys of players with their former teams.

Do these happen quite a bit? I mean my jersey still had the tags and everything, so that made me think it might be real.

mav23.gif

Do these happen quite a bit? I mean my jersey still had the tags and everything, so that made me think it might be real.

Tags are an awful way to figure out if a jersey is fake or not. Read this, courtesy of tb426 of the IceJerseys.com forums to decide if what you have is the real deal.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Tags are an awful way to figure out if a jersey is fake or not. Read this, courtesy of tb426 of the IceJerseys.com forums to decide if what you have is the real deal.

Yeah, I saw that site. Intersting, even though I have the premier replica and not the EDGE

mav23.gif

Yeah, I saw that site. Intersting, even though I have the premier replica and not the EDGE

Pittfan,

The Edge is Reeboks Nhl jersey template. You have a Reebok Edge Premier Replica of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Reebok only offers two different grades of jersey in their EDGE system, the Premier Replica and the Authentic. I posted the above earlier in the forum but it quickly was buried with other post. Reebok does not offer a "swingman" grade jersey, just the Premier Replica and the Authentic.

Archived