A little help please

oneorange

I like this site a lot. I love seeing the interesting and unique concepts that people on this board come up with. I have Illustrator but I don't know how to use it very well. I was wondering how you all seem to so easily take an existing team with an existing logo and just tweak it a bit to make it look more how you would like to see it. I don't know how to work with existing logos so I have only worked on my own completely original concepts thus far. For example, if I wanted to make a football concept for De Paul how do I go about transforming this logo into something I can work with in Illustrator?

DePaul.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I like this site a lot. I love seeing the interesting and unique concepts that people on this board come up with. I have Illustrator but I don't know how to use it very well. I was wondering how you all seem to so easily take an existing team with an existing logo and just tweak it a bit to make it look more how you would like to see it. I don't know how to work with existing logos so I have only worked on my own completely original concepts thus far. For example, if I wanted to make a football concept for De Paul how do I go about transforming this logo into something I can work with in Illustrator?

DePaul.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if you own Illustrator already, well, you can use Live Trace to convert it, or just trace it manually.

Thanks for the tutorial link. I will check it out. And yes Beatnik (whose concepts I always really like by the way) I guess I am hoping that I can learn how to trace an image or cut an image out and vectorize it. How, for example, were you able to use the Raiders logo in your concept that you just posted here recently?

Archived