Arizona Cardinals Concept

JamieRose

Not a fan of blending modern elements like a custom number font and collar wordmark with traditional elements like sleeve stripes. Also not a fan of forcing sleeve stripes onto sleeveless templates. Maybe try to work the strips into a band that wraps around the shoulder like the Panthers?

its not a sleeveless template. sleeve stripes work fine here, although your idea still could look good.

It is a sleeveless template (just like the one used on field) - the "sleeves", are really just arm cuffs that come out of the side of the torso - there's no "hanging" sleeve. Stripes don't work fine, because they're truncated. If they can't go all the way around, then they're not really "stripes" - more like a sleeve-logo that just happens to consist of three stripes.

that really doesn't make sense to me, but okay. If you don't want to call them "stripes", then lets come up with another word for them. Either way, they work.

agreed. and i think the modern jerseys actually look better. they're not sloppy, big sleeved, messes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Use navy.

green-roy-azc-1.jpg

Their best uniforms used navy...

that looks like black to me

That's racist!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Looks pretty good. The only problem I have with it is that it looks too much like Ohio State's uniforms.

And that's a problem because? :P

Seriously, looks great. I agree with adding a another color like yellow if you wanted but it's right on the money in either case. Huge upgrade from their current clown suits.

BB52Big.jpg

Use navy.

green-roy-azc-1.jpg

That is Roy Green and it WAS navy blue. I remember seeing these uniforms in action when they were in the NFC East. They did have black most years, but a few seasons, they did have navy.

No, no, no, no.

Black. Only Black. The only time any kind of a shade of Blue was ever used was between 1996 and 2004 when there was a tiny bit of striping on the White jerseys (and socks).

Not a fan of blending modern elements like a custom number font and collar wordmark with traditional elements like sleeve stripes. Also not a fan of forcing sleeve stripes onto sleeveless templates. Maybe try to work the strips into a band that wraps around the shoulder like the Panthers?

its not a sleeveless template. sleeve stripes work fine here, although your idea still could look good.

It is a sleeveless template (just like the one used on field) - the "sleeves", are really just arm cuffs that come out of the side of the torso - there's no "hanging" sleeve. Stripes don't work fine, because they're truncated. If they can't go all the way around, then they're not really "stripes" - more like a sleeve-logo that just happens to consist of three stripes.

that really doesn't make sense to me, but okay. If you don't want to call them "stripes", then lets come up with another word for them. Either way, they work.

Stripes should go all the way around. These, like the Steelers' "stripes", just start and stop at a seam - so it's like having a square logo patch that consists of a few stripes. If we were designing uniforms today, without any knowledge of how things were 50 years ago, would anyone think to force half-stripes onto that template? Highly doubtful.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Stripes should go all the way around. These, like the Steelers' "stripes", just start and stop at a seam - so it's like having a square logo patch that consists of a few stripes. If we were designing uniforms today, without any knowledge of how things were 50 years ago, would anyone think to force half-stripes onto that template? Highly doubtful.

no, but that doesn't make "stripes" wrong...things change man. obviously longer sleeves aren't as good as what is used now, and stripes can look good on both. u can have your opinion, but i just think your stretching on this one. (were you the grey facemask guy too?)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Use navy.

green-roy-azc-1.jpg

That is Roy Green and it WAS navy blue. I remember seeing these uniforms in action when they were in the NFC East. They did have black most years, but a few seasons, they did have navy.

No, no, no, no.

Black. Only Black. The only time any kind of a shade of Blue was ever used was between 1996 and 2004 when there was a tiny bit of striping on the White jerseys (and socks).

About that blue, CW...I also remember the Cardinals utilizing a shade of blue, though not necessarily in the uniforms, during that time period. I remember it being a bit of a brighter blue, almost like the "canyon blue" Southwest Airlines uses (for their employee uniforms, no necessarily the purplish hue of their planes). I think that blue comes from AZ's state flag.

You happen to have one of those handy-dandy color swatch thingamajigs showing whatever kind of blue they were using then (or any other blue they may have used)? Thanks in advance.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

About that blue, CW...I also remember the Cardinals utilizing a shade of blue, though not necessarily in the uniforms, during that time period. I remember it being a bit of a brighter blue, almost like the "canyon blue" Southwest Airlines uses (for their employee uniforms, no necessarily the purplish hue of their planes). I think that blue comes from AZ's state flag.

You happen to have one of those handy-dandy color swatch thingamajigs showing whatever kind of blue they were using then (or any other blue they may have used)? Thanks in advance.

It was this Blue from 1989 through 2001:

ArizonaCardinalsBlue_2001_SOL_SRGB.png

And then, it changed to this shade from 2002 through 2004:

ArizonaCardinalsBlue_2004_SOL_SRGB.png

That's it. This is the only period in which the Cardinals used Blue.

That's about what I remember.

I just remember a lot of the coaches' sideline gear having blue trim in it (an image that really sticks out in one's mind when that sideline gear is stretched out over the mass that is Dennis Green). I sorta remember it with Dave McGinnis, as well.

Thanks for showing those swatches, man.

(Also...any particular reason why they chose to utilize that? AZ flag, maybe, since it already also has the red and yellow?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Great work on this, but Im a fan of their currents. The shoulder stripes give me too much of an Ohio State or 49ers vibe.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

no, but that doesn't make "stripes" wrong...things change man. obviously longer sleeves aren't as good as what is used now, and stripes can look good on both. u can have your opinion, but i just think your stretching on this one. (were you the grey facemask guy too?)

Yeah, I'm that guy.

You're right - this is totally subjective, so everyone is going to like something different. I'm not sure, though, how anyone can say that what the Steelers have looks good. If they were a brand new team with no history of stripes, I'm not sure that anyone would be loving their implementation of the stripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Use navy.

green-roy-azc-1.jpg

Yes it was navy blue and it comes from the Arizona state flag which is red, yellow and navy blue with a gold star. They had it on their road jersey sleeves for a number of years. http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=177

I think they should get rid of black all together and go with a dark navy blue where all the black is, even in the cardinal head logo, and add some more yellow into the uniforms as well.

As for this concept, I do really like it. I don't mind what they have now but I do like what you did. Although I would try to add blue instead of black and some yellow into the uni just to see what if it works. Overall, nice work!

Use navy.

green-roy-azc-1.jpg

Yes it was navy blue and it comes from the Arizona state flag which is red, yellow and navy blue with a gold star. They had it on their road jersey sleeves for a number of years. http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=177

I think they should get rid of black all together and go with a dark navy blue where all the black is, even in the cardinal head logo, and add some more yellow into the uniforms as well.

As for this concept, I do really like it. I don't mind what they have now but I do like what you did. Although I would try to add blue instead of black and some yellow into the uni just to see what if it works. Overall, nice work!

As for the picture posted, it is not navy blue. It is black. Blue was used from the 90s into this decade, but that is it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived