Jacksonville Jaguars Uniform re-design

jrvegeeta

Jaguars-1-Home.gif

Jaguars-1-Away-1.gif

Jaguars-1-alternate-1.gif

Jaguars-1-alternate-2.gif

Don't get me wrong - the Jags current uniforms aren't THAT bad, but IMO, they didn't have enough on them. I liked their previous number font, so I used that instead of the new one. I actually like the current wordmark, so I didn't change that. I don't like the fact that they left out the gold on the new unis so, I added it back in. The helmet design won't show it, but I would keep the color changing helmets. This team should have had teal pants LONG time ago, so I fixed that by putting them on both of the alternate uniforms. I'm actually thinking about putting the teal pants with their home uniforms.

Tell me what you guys think. Constructive criticism please.

IMO teal pants with a teal jersey would look horrible. I like the teal-on-white look. Overall, this isn't bad at all. It's a heck of a lot better than the crap they're wearing this season. I think the teal pants would look better with the white jersey than the black pants.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Good stuff here, but a couple of things that could be improved:

1. All Jerseys - add a thin gold outline to the numbers, like on their previous set. I think that the extra outlines really work with these colors, and would tie the numbers in to the rest of the uniform really well.

2. White Pants - make the main panels teal and gold, with black outline, instead of teal and black with a gold outline. I'm not sure it matters which color is on top, but I'd keep the teal on top. The gold swoop-panel thing really would tie into the shoulder trim on the teal jersey.

3. Black Pants - make the side panels teal on top, gold on the bottom, with black outline (so essentially no outline.) If not that, go with white outline.

4. Teal pants - make the bottom side panel gold instead of white, and make the outline white. OR, make the top panel teal, make the bottom gold, and use a black outline. That actually would look much better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dont mind the overall design at all, but the wordmark on the jerseys is too much. have it say jacksonville, or jaguars... not both.

also, it really really bugs me when i see football concepts with 09 on them, or any number with a 0 in front

just put a 9 there. football teams dont wear 0(x) numbers.

I dont mind the overall design at all, but the wordmark on the jerseys is too much. have it say jacksonville, or jaguars... not both.

also, it really really bugs me when i see football concepts with 09 on them, or any number with a 0 in front

To be fair to the original poster that is how the NFL do it when they present new jersey concepts. They go with the year it was created and if that happens to be a single digit year they will go 0 first then the year, so this year they were displayed as above 09. See example below.

3253292985_f6c2256580_o.png

On the concept itself. have to agree with Vet the numbers could do with a gold trim, and Brave-Bird is right, I'd drop the jacksonville from the wordmark on the chest and just go with the nickname Jaguars. But I like the uni's the stripes reflect the sweeps for want of a better word which they've added to the wordmark. I'm not a fan of the changes they made to the word mark but at least on this concept they seem more relevant than they do on the real jerseys so good job there.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Don't worry, next year you'll see #10 jerseys and won't have to worry about the "0_" jerseys for 90 more years.

87Redskins.png

i like the uniforms pretty well but probally not best for the Jags. their numbers and logo is very rounded and smooth, and your jersey/pant elements are sharp and sword-like. contrasting elements like that can often work but i dont see any rythem here. its just clashing. still, its better than what they have now

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

their numbers and logo is very rounded and smooth, and your jersey/pant elements are sharp and sword-like. contrasting elements like that can often work but i dont see any rythem here. its just clashing.

Interesting. I don't see that at all. I see the jersey and pant striping as very smooth. They just happen to eventually taper to a point.

Anyway, I really like this concept.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Thanks for the honesty guys. When I posted the concepts, I realized that the outline for the numbers would have looked better with a little gold. I will update the concept with your suggestions as soon as I can although it could be a little bit since my workload at my jobs have increased lately.

2. White Pants - make the main panels teal and gold, with black outline, instead of teal and black with a gold outline. I'm not sure it matters which color is on top, but I'd keep the teal on top. The gold swoop-panel thing really would tie into the shoulder trim on the teal jersey.

panel teal, make the bottom gold, and use a black outline. That actually would look much better.

Exactly.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I love these. Much better than the current look or the previous one.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I updated the concept today so now there should be a gold outline on the numbers.

About the suggestion on the white pants - I'll experiment with it to see what it looks like, but keep in mind that gold is not a primary or even a secondary color. Most people associate the Jags with teal and black. That said, I don't like the fact that they took the gold out of the current uniforms and I wanted to come up with a concept that allows the gold to be present, but not over powering.

Archived