NFL helmets

Delux247

I like it when the logo is designed to be reversible on both sides of the helmet. Or in the case of the Steelers and [at one time ] the Michigan State Spartans and others, where the logo is only on the right side of the helmet. I like the old Broncos logo; but it just doesn't look right when the "D" on the left side, and points back to the helmet.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say I am NOT a fan of the Packers helmet. The oval-g is just an afterthought slapped together in a few minutes by an equipment manager in 1961 before anyone even thought about helmet logos becoming each teams' trademark. I remember awhile back, someone here posted a photoshop pic of the Giants helmet with just an "n" and the Chiefs with just a "k" to illustrate the absurdity that the Packers only use a "g." The so-called "heisman" logo or the interlocking "GB" that Vince Lombardi wore would've been much more appropriate.

Favorite Helmet by Division

AFC East - Miami Dolphins (always been a fan)

AFC North - Baltimore Ravens (I am a Browns fan, but the plain jane scheme needs to go)

AFC South - Houston Texans (Their whole uniform is almost perfect)

AFC West - San Diego Chargers (Only wishing they used the retro lightning bolt with numbers)

NFC East - Philadelphia Eagles (I have always loved the wing look)

NFC North - Minnesota Vikings (I would not say this if they still had the old colors on it)

NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (One of the best changes in uniform history)

NFC West - Seattle Seahawks (The best change in uniform history)

Overall my favorite would have to be the Seattle Seahawks!

spacer.png

Rams and Bengals are my top two. The Vikings are up their with them on concept, but visually it doesn't appeal as much to me. Seahawks and Eagles get credit for trying something different, but not quite as good as the other three.

Once you break apart from those and move down to the standard logo-ed helmets, I think the Giants, Texans, and Colts do the most for me, but that's just on a whim.

Favorite Helmets by Division (Thought the idea was sound ;P)

AFC East - Modern Helmet, Miami Dolphins. Retro Helmet, Buffalo Bills. (I always loved the Dolphins helmet and the old-Bills helmet)

AFC North - Pittsburgh Steelers both old and modern helmets. (I hate them, but I love their helmets haha)

AFC South - Tennessee Titans. (I've always loved their uniforms.)

AFC West - Oakland Raiders. (Their black uniform, home-set is perfection in a uniform.)

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys. (They're my all-time favorite team, and always will be.)

NFC North - I like the Vikings, but the Packers is easily the best.

NFC South - New Orleans Saints (Their logo matches the City perfectly.)

NFC West - Seattle Seahawks. (Absolutely great uniforms and colors. Really represents Seattle.)

Overall, I like the Cowboys, Raiders, and Seahawks the most.

I dont get the Texans love. Very uninspiring to say the least.

The Titans helmet ruins the whole uniform. Either adopt white shoulders on the blue jerseys to make it match, or make the helmet one of the blues...

and use the sword logo instead of the flaming thumb-tack.

Just a quick example:

vf786.jpg

Archived