Easy To Use Football Template (not all mine)

Brave-Bird 08

My bad luck has continued. Not only did I not get all of my nfl concepts exported last week b/c of crashing, my comp was fried by a lightning strike! woohoo... :cursing:

So, here I am on a brandnew laptop, with...nothing.

I was so upset because all of my old work in svg format, the templates I was using, not to mention my elaborate inventory of school assignments and work material...is gone.

Well, I took the latest football template unboiled on here and decided to give it some nice touches. The sleeve idea comes from ny#### (forgot the numbers he uses...haha)

But, I added a stripe guide, shading, details like a faceshield, rear view of the helmet, and any logo you might need blown up in scalable format.

Just thought I could at least make some improvements to a template.

What I started doing, but halted because I need sleep, is manipulating the jersey piping to resemble templates used by college teams. So, basically, there will be multiple blank versions of these with different base templates...that is my goal.

This inspiration comes from, as I now start from scratch, the feeling I got when I first got on here and realized ms paint is inferior! haha. If no one is offended that I spiced up an existing template (ny...i know, the sleeves...but it's such a good idea!)... i could make the entire thing available with the stripe guide.

footballtemplate.png

You dont have to worry about shading or details...just the design. Here is what a completed rendering looks like.

GeorgiaFootballUniforms.png

As I start a new, maybe this could be an easy transfer for people who have not looked into inkscape yet? This template is easy to use...and IMO comes up really sharp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like it...i was looking for a backview helmet myself...care to send my like a very very large .png of just the back view of the helmet? i'd like to update my PSD with it...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

the original frame again is not mine, neither is the sleeve idea.

but, as i pointed out the idea is to duplicate various stitching and piping so that people dont have to worry about doing that on their own. I'm going to do as many templates as a I can

...and THEN make this whole set available. manufactuer logos, all 32 nfl team logos and scripts, the ncaa patch with conference logos, and every template you can think of.

again I'm busy, and starting from scratch...but in the next few weeks I'll have it all available for download

Being more of a lurker here and learning from all of you having amazing skills utilizing the tools you have I must pass on my appreciation for the work and effort. I personally will be looking forward to learning from your template knowing it will benefit my development.

For nyy3351. Would love to discuss the possibility of obtaining a psd copy as I know nothing about converting them. I am available for contact here or at TSW (where you took over my GG team).

Again.... thanks for the amazing work.

Being more of a lurker here and learning from all of you having amazing skills utilizing the tools you have I must pass on my appreciation for the work and effort. I personally will be looking forward to learning from your template knowing it will benefit my development.

For nyy3351. Would love to discuss the possibility of obtaining a psd copy as I know nothing about converting them. I am available for contact here or at TSW (where you took over my GG team).

Again.... thanks for the amazing work.

well its not so much "converting" as it is actually taking the ai file, saving it as a really, really, really (REALLY!) big png, then slicing and dicing, and aligning layers so everything works. do you have an email i could send it to?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

For anyone who is interested.

I took this template, made some additions, and compiled a vector paradise for people wanting to do football concepts. It's finally near completion.

By sometime after midnight tonight I will try to have this template finished off and uploaded to a host site.

Here is a rundown of everything:

1) The template, which has been updated with shadows (I removed a lot of it, but I still wanted it to look 3D)

2) Newer helmet, looks more realistc, got it off the SVG movement thread.

3) All prominent manufactuer logos vectorized (Nike, Adidas, Nike Pro Combat shield, Reebok, UA, etc.)

4) NFL logo, NFL equipment logo, and all 32 NFL teams primary logos and primary scripts vectorized and ready to be slapped on! wooooo

5) multiple template stitchings to choose from, including the standard Reebok (generic really), Nike "sports bra", Nike Pro Combat, and the Adidas "tusk" template (Arkansas, Michigan).

------------------------

and a few extra things

-the facemask shield has a college style flap on it, which is logo friendly. if you select the flap and delete, the NFL style flap is already there.

- same deal with the back helmet bumper. it shows up more in the NFL, but if you just delete it I altered the helmet back to look like a bumper-less helmet

Anyways, I'll have it ready! As soon as I finish studying for my exams... :grin:

Archived