Minor League Baseball returns to Richmond, VA

TBGKon

Name-the-team contest page is below:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/baseball/name-the-team/

Arguably the best choice at this point would be the Richmond Rebels-alludes to the city's vast history, and the image doesn't have to be all "Confederate-y"...A James Dean-type mascot would work just as well...

bYhYmxh.png

Name-the-team contest page is below:

http://www2.timesdis.../name-the-team/

Arguably the best choice at this point would be the Richmond Rebels-alludes to the city's vast history, and the image doesn't have to be all "Confederate-y"...A James Dean-type mascot would work just as well...

But then it's a pretty glaring mixed metaphor, isn't it? They'd be the Richmond Rebels precisely because Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy, not because the city is well-known for 1950s teenage ennui. That'd be like naming a Miami team "the Palms" and using a hand as the logo. It's best to just avoid the issue entirely and go with something in no way bellicose.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a native of Richmond, this is one of the best things I have heard all day.

I saw the press conference & was very impressed with the owners & team they have put together. I can't wait for April to come around.

I got a few ideas, basically I want the team name to be original, I don't like the idea of a team being named after their affiliate. Only way to find out.

Now all we need is the hockey team, c'mon ECHL, make it happen.

baltimoreravens.png

Will the new Richmond team be in the EL or the SL?

Eastern League

Since connectut is part of the Northern Division, which Soutnern team would have to move to the north?

I would probably send Akron & Erie from the South to the North, and send Richmond and Trenton to the South from the North.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

It's about damn time. It's a shame that Richmond had to go one day without baseball.

As far as the name, "Rebels" is so tired. Other stuff has happened in Richmond since the 1860s. Time to move past that s***.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I saw the press conference & was very impressed with the owners & team they have put together. I can't wait for April to come around.

I got a few ideas, basically I want the team name to be original, I don't like the idea of a team being named after their affiliate. Only way to find out.

The new Richmond team has a great GM as well. He comes from the Florida State League Daytona Cubs. Daytona has been consistently one of the best-attended teams in the FSL. He is a good guy that should do wonders in Richmond.

The new Richmond team has a great GM as well. He comes from the Florida State League Daytona Cubs. Daytona has been consistently one of the best-attended teams in the FSL. He is a good guy that should do wonders in Richmond.

I've heard nothing but great things about the guys who are coming in. I look forward to seeing what these guys can do. Most of the people here are positive about it, then again, there are still a few negative aspect (we are kind of still mad @ Atlanta for packing up & leaving, but frankly, I don't blame them) The fact that they want to fix up the diamond which needs it. I feel this is a step in right direction. These guys are gonna do great things hopefully.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived