NCAA Jersey Redesign 1

raysox

Alright, guys. My original plan was to do all 120 teams then release them 2 a day 2 months before the national championship game, so that it would finish on the day of the big game. But I soon realized, it'd get hard after a while. I've just been making these for about 3 weeks, and I have 23 done so far. I will post 20 in a thread, which will end up with 6 total threads, no big deal. One thing I did do, was left off any jersey makes. I just thought it would be easier for everyone. Theres only 1 that you can obviously tell is a certain brand.

So I'm going to list the ones I have done. I'll post one, then you guys can request who to see next. I only ask that you give C&C before you request.

Heres the list.

Akron

Alabama

Florida

Idaho

Indiana

Iowa State

Louisiana-Lafayette

LSU

Minnesota

Notre Dame

Ohio

Oregon

Oregon State

Penn State

South Carolina

Tennessee

UCF

UCONN

UNLV

USC

USF

Wisconsin

Wyoming

So go at it. The 3 that don't get picked this thread will be rolled over into the next thread.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/120 Wyoming

So for my first, why not start at the bottom with Wyoming. One thing I didn't like was how the home set normally is white/brown/yellow. So I went with something new, and gave them a unique brown helmet. The jersey design, I think, looks awesome. It started out as just a mock up of the Mizzu-Nike template. Then the pants have the same pattern as the jersey. Pants are interchangeable.

Wyoming.png

Alright, I'll wait a little for some responses, and post another.

Nicely done. Brown and gold is a very underrated color scheme (my high school uses it, but vegas gold instead of athletic gold). The best part of these is they don't look overly out there, like the 70s Padres.

VmWIn6B.png

I'll request your USF Bulls.

Yeah! Why the hell not!

2/120 USF

So I really like how they look now. The whole horns thing just works, cause ya know, they're the Bulls. I changed the helmet to the actual gold, not like some yellowish one they use now. I tried some gold pants to see how they look, and I thought it looked like it worked. I did go with a black jersey, just as a nice alternate. Oh, and I know... Grothe is out for the whole year. Pants are also interchangeable.

USF.png

Oh, and some wouldn't really be a huge change. Like why would I mess with Penn State much, they have an awesome set anyhow.

Not sure if you can do this in inkscape, if that is what you are using but...you might want to try and give some perspective to the wordmarks and numbers on the front of the jersey since it is like a 3/4 profile of it. I think that it would give the jersey more depth.. Right now it looks a little off with the 8 on the USF home jersey be almost on top of the template outline. Very good work overall, looking forward to more to come.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Theres better templates out there that would eliminate that problem completely. We've kinda got a surplus of GREAT football templates flying around right now.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Theres better templates out there that would eliminate that problem completely. We've kinda got a surplus of GREAT football templates flying around right now.

Raysox's template is actually pretty good. The only thing it needs is a full view of the back of the uniform.

yeah, I used to use this template, you bring up one of its many flaws. Like crk said, the numbers on the front are a problem. I always found the perspective of the chest to be annoying. Also the sleeves are really screwy. It hurts the translation of the design because, like your piping, things don't look right. I would suggest scottysprings, buccos, or nyys templates.

Alright, I'll work on the skewing on the numbers and stuff.

3/120 Wisconsin

So, Mburmy helped me with this one. I like their current ones, but I thought I could do something with them. I added the badger on the sleeves. I also did something kind of cool, I thought. I put "Badgers" on the home, and "Wisconsin" on the road. I'm not sure that its been done for a football jersey. I changed the font to resemble the W logo. And that's about it!

Wisconsin2.png

Next?

2 people requested Iowa State, so here they come!

4/120 Iowa State

I kept the same basic design as their current ones, but I added some maroon from the logo. I added the cyclone bird logo, since it is awesome. I made the pants with 2 different colour stripes. The numbers are similar to the ones they currently use.

IowaState.png

Alright, I'll post some tomorrow.

Archived