NCAA Jersey Redesign 1

raysox

Bump.

11/120 Oregon State

I know the "Sports Bra" jersey is frowned upon here, but I kind of like it. It's similar to an extent. Currently, they have a plain jersey, which is cool, but I think that this is a team that can have a modern uni like their in state rivals. So I made a design like the former ones, but kept it different. Then I made pants stripes I thought worked. Uh, I used the font the OS logo is in. That should be it! here ya go!

OregonState.png

Oregon, and the Gamecocks coming up.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump.

11/120 Oregon State

I know the "Sports Bra" jersey is frowned upon here, but I kind of like it. It's similar to an extent. Currently, they have a plain jersey, which is cool, but I think that this is a team that can have a modern uni like their in state rivals. So I made a design like the former ones, but kept it different. Then I made pants stripes I thought worked. Uh, I used the font the OS logo is in. That should be it! here ya go!

OregonState.png

Oregon, and the Gamecocks coming up.

Very good! But I think the orange jersey should be the main home uniform.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

10/20 USC

For this, I didn't do anything drastic, just did what I think improved the jerseys. I added some accent striping to the shoulders. Then for consistency, I made the pants with the same pattern. I'll admit it does look kind of awkward, but I do like how it ended up. So here it is!

USC.png

I'll do the Oregons, and South Carolina soon.

It's "Barkley," not "Berkley." You don't want the USC quarterback's name sounding like Cal's city (minus an E).

VmWIn6B.png

I like it, but please keep the numbers. They go incredibly well with the mark you used on the shoulders and I think are what make the jersey so uniquely awesome. I liked the sports bra jerseys too, so I like this.

From what he told me he couldn't find them... that said if anyone has them I'd like 'em haha.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah GBM, what I did was I found the font UCONN, and them use(Armada bold IIRC) And screen shot a 1, since it's a pay font.

12/120 Oregon

Alright, this is the one team that everyone does at least once. But I decided to go simple... in Oregon's terms. I used the duck wings on the collar because they're unique, and Oregon can't NOT be unique. But other than that, a plain uniform. I simplified their uniforms, but I still made it possible for any combo they want. I have green, white, and yellow helmets, jerseys, and pants. That should cover it!

Oregon2.png

I realized that the Pac10 is the best looking conference. The only real bad teams are Arizona, and Oregon.

13/120 South Carolina

Right now, South Carolina's jerseys are flat out ugly. They're ridiculously busy. I found an old picture of the team, with Colts type stripes. I was going for that. Then I thought of something cool to do. I put the stripe found on the helmet, and pants on the shoulders. Jerseys are mix and match, like most.

SouthCarolina.png

Thanks to Cola for the vectors.

Anyone want to see a specific team? Cause I'll just post who I want if no one cares.

I absolutely love the Oregon concept. I like how you simplified the uniform, but still kept something "radical" about it with thte wings on the shoulders. I wasn't a fan of the number font at first (is it the Bears font?), but after looking at it a few times, it works well. I'm also becoming a fan of the solid number (with no outlines) more and more, whether it is color on color (yellow number on green jersey) or color on white (green number on white jersey).

Anyone?

14/120: Tennessee

How about this? Light blue! I added it as an accent colour, because other sports at UT use it. I ended up doing adidas type stripes on this concept. The current team uses adidas, and plus, the 3 stripes are awesome.

Tennessee.png

C&C for this, and the last few. Any requests?

toooooo feminine. im pretty sure the womens sports are the only sports that use that blue.

i would go with maybe some type of checkered design? like the one that is so infamously in their endzone.

for a UT concept i did, i just sublimated a checkered design into the sleeves...and eliminated black. the biggest thing that bugs me w/ Tennessee is their black adidas logo and the black outlines on the road jersey.

simplifying is the way to go there.

13/120 South Carolina

Right now, South Carolina's jerseys are flat out ugly. They're ridiculously busy. I found an old picture of the team, with Colts type stripes. I was going for that. Then I thought of something cool to do. I put the stripe found on the helmet, and pants on the shoulders. Jerseys are mix and match, like most.

SouthCarolina.png

Thanks to Cola for the vectors.

Anyone want to see a specific team? Cause I'll just post who I want if no one cares.

I signed up for this forum after seeing this. I love jersey and logo design, and I love old school college football. As a Carolina fan, our jerseys make me feel sick. While I like the UnderArmour sponsorship I think the jersey is waaaay too modern for a league like the SEC. We really need something classic we can use for decades. The idea of using the helmet stripe as the basis for the jersey (and I love the UCLA-style stripes on the shoulder) is awesome. Would you be opposed to me using this image to show other people, and possibly emailing out Athletic Dept and UA to see if a change is possible? Thank you, great work!

EDIT: the School was founded in 1801. Im assuming you were listing the founding of the football team? Also, just to nitpick, the interlocking SC logo on the leg is baseball only logo. It looks good though. Maybe would like the block C in its place, and since the block C is already on the helmet, replicating it on the shoulder seems redundant. What about TV numbers there? Just an idea, these look so much better than what we are wearing now.

10titles.jpg

I signed up for this forum after seeing this. I love jersey and logo design, and I love old school college football. As a Carolina fan, our jerseys make me feel sick. While I like the UnderArmour sponsorship I think the jersey is waaaay too modern for a league like the SEC. We really need something classic we can use for decades. The idea of using the helmet stripe as the basis for the jersey (and I love the UCLA-style stripes on the shoulder) is awesome. Would you be opposed to me using this image to show other people, and possibly emailing out Athletic Dept and UA to see if a change is possible? Thank you, great work!

EDIT: the School was founded in 1801. Im assuming you were listing the founding of the football team? Also, just to nitpick, the interlocking SC logo on the leg is baseball only logo. It looks good though. Maybe would like the block C in its place, and since the block C is already on the helmet, replicating it on the shoulder seems redundant. What about TV numbers there? Just an idea, these look so much better than what we are wearing now.

Thanks for the kind words! A couple things, I forgot to mention how I love the SC logo. But I could replace the C sleeve logo with numbers. It would give it a classy SEC feel. Oh, and the years are when the football program was founded. And go ahead and show them, I posted this here to show people too.

15/120 Alabama

Continuing with the SEC here's my tide concept. The tide have a pretty basic uniform now. I added hounds tooth to the collars, and changed from numbers to the A logo. The hounds tooth was ANNOYING to make on inkscape. On the shoulders, I added numbers to make up for the dropping of the helmet numbers.

Alabama1.png

I guess I'll post the Gators tonight, continue with this SEC trend.

16/120 Florida

Alright, some things her. I changed the stripe a little bit. I made the pants stripe the same as the jersey ones, for consistency sake. I put a Gator logo on the helmet, and sleeve. I put it on the helmet, because the cursive font doesn't really fit in with the Florida I put on the chest. I ALMOST made the numbers similar to the script and orange jersey, but decided against it. I have 3 sets of pants too.

Florida1.png

Any requests? Or is me choosing a good system?

love the Bama concept...though I know Bama fans cringe at the thought of removing the numerals from the helmets...but come on! that logo is beautiful! works great.

Florida is okay... I dont like using the gator logo bc the green kills the color scheme. the chest mark you used looks a tad forced...bc its a diff color than the numbers, and a different style than the numbers.

the helmet logo, again, just looks too forced. I would maybe go with the modern F for the helmet.

Archived