A new Packer logo?

DrBear

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy clearly does not have a background in sports logos. I made these a couple years ago and would put them up against anything in the article.

<shameless self-promotion alert>

packers_alt_sm.png

For the record, I'd like to see the Packers adopt a more modern alternate logo... maybe even put it on the helmet, but not ditch the G altogether. Even with my reservations about it, the oval-G really does have too much history behind it.

This is ridiculous! The local paper doesn't come talk to us when we make concepts that are thought-out, but this imbecile gets pub for "logos" like this. These are not sports team logos, they are pictures. A sports logo does not have shadows and glossy effects and and lens flares. Gross.

packers_alt_sm.png

I'll take one on a green, flex-fit hat, please.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is ridiculous! The local paper doesn't come talk to us when we make concepts that are thought-out, but this imbecile gets pub for "logos" like this. These are not sports team logos, they are pictures. A sports logo does not have shadows and glossy effects and and lens flares. Gross.

Sounds like you need to make more friends or send out press releases. That's probably what got this guy that article.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm one of those that believes there isn't a perfect logo and any identity is subject to improvement and change. There was nothing in that article or video that was better than what the team has already.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Someone on this board brought up that New York does not use "N" and since then, the Green Bay "G" has bothered me. Nevertheless, I think I'd rather live with that then mess with tradition.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Haha, this sap got the treatment. Not that he didn't deserve it, but wow.

Illwauk's P/state logo would make a perfect secondary for sideline apparel and such, by the way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived