Sign in to follow this  
DrBear

A new Packer logo?

Not a fan of any of those. I would stop wasting my time if I was him. Ad agencies should stick to creating ads and doing corporate stuff. Sports design is a completely different ballgame.

This guy clearly does not have a background in sports logos. I made these a couple years ago and would put them up against anything in the article.

<shameless self-promotion alert>

packers_alt_sm.png

For the record, I'd like to see the Packers adopt a more modern alternate logo... maybe even put it on the helmet, but not ditch the G altogether. Even with my reservations about it, the oval-G really does have too much history behind it.

mjs-stincol25_018-mjd_-news_-mjs.jpg

What the f*** is that supposed to be?

I thinks supposed to emulate a "G" and a "B" merged into one shape, rather than 2 interlocking letters.

Why is this idiot smiling? A third grader could have come up with that ridiculous logo.

What the f*** is that supposed to be?

Looks like the power button on a Packers themed laptop.

This is ridiculous! The local paper doesn't come talk to us when we make concepts that are thought-out, but this imbecile gets pub for "logos" like this. These are not sports team logos, they are pictures. A sports logo does not have shadows and glossy effects and and lens flares. Gross.

packers_alt_sm.png

I'll take one on a green, flex-fit hat, please.

This is ridiculous! The local paper doesn't come talk to us when we make concepts that are thought-out, but this imbecile gets pub for "logos" like this. These are not sports team logos, they are pictures. A sports logo does not have shadows and glossy effects and and lens flares. Gross.

Sounds like you need to make more friends or send out press releases. That's probably what got this guy that article.

The one he's holding reminds me of the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL. The others on the desk look like designs for a British car company.

Georgia can still use the logos too. It's a win-win for everyone.

I'm clearly joking here.

packers_alt_sm.png

I'll take one on a green, flex-fit hat, please.

Ask an ye shall receive...

packers_alt_hat.png

I'm one of those that believes there isn't a perfect logo and any identity is subject to improvement and change. There was nothing in that article or video that was better than what the team has already.

Someone on this board brought up that New York does not use "N" and since then, the Green Bay "G" has bothered me. Nevertheless, I think I'd rather live with that then mess with tradition.

Haha, this sap got the treatment. Not that he didn't deserve it, but wow.

Illwauk's P/state logo would make a perfect secondary for sideline apparel and such, by the way.