A new Packer logo?

DrBear

Someone on this board brought up that New York does not use "N" and since then, the Green Bay "G" has bothered me. Nevertheless, I think I'd rather live with that then mess with tradition.

Um...what? There is an "N" in both the Jets and the Giants logos...I must be missing something here.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His point is that New York sports teams don't use just "N" and the Niners don't use just "S" - they all use both of the initials for their respective cities.

This is ridiculous! The local paper doesn't come talk to us when we make concepts that are thought-out, but this imbecile gets pub for "logos" like this. These are not sports team logos, they are pictures. A sports logo does not have shadows and glossy effects and and lens flares. Gross.

Well, unfortunately he's a professional. Not that I'm a big fan of these, but his company does do branding (and I like their Sprecher logo). It's not like they picked somebody off the street.

I agree with Radtke wholeheartedly on the "G", but my response would be to adopt the interlocking initials used in the 1960s (and on my avatar).

Illwauk, I really love the idea of your logos, but can't stand using nickname initials.

Ah, the UniWatch reveals the Epic Fail....Just got done laughing quite a bit over at the Uw Blog over the outrage from Packers fans, yeah, those are ALL terrible....many guys on here could have done 1000x better....

Atleast redesign a new logo and leave the option for the original to remain as a secondary....yeesh...

Frankly, I don't understand all the ridicule directed at this guy.

I got no sense at all that this guy thinks the Packers will actually change their logo. If he did, he would have sent his concepts to more than just sportswriters and announcers, as stated in the Journal-Sentinel column.

He's a professional tinkering with an idea and getting feedback. The only difference between what this guy did and what happens in the concepts section of this board, is this guy got himself a tongue-in-cheek-written newspaper column as a forum.

Give him a break.

"I cautioned Charlie that this [Changing the logo] could be like depicting Jesus with a new hairstyle."

Gotta love that comparison. From a columnist no less.

Also. mjs-stincol25_003-mjd_-news_-mjs.jpg

Thats pretty terrible.

I don't know a lot about the technicalities of logos, but I know that I see a green C in that logo before a G and to say that is a B in any way is just a lie.

After he changes this, he can work on the Original 6 Redesign too!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Hey! It's a "G" for "Green," a "B" for "Bay," and a football! Don't you see the representation the laces?!

I would take this if I was Green Bay. I like the sheen because the most recognizable position on an NFL uniform is the helmet, which is also where the logo is positioned. The sheen across the logo works perfectly for marketing, especially if the Packers want to be considered the Yankees of football.

The Packers have to make the jump from ordinary NFL team to great NFL team. The way to do that is by incorporating elements of the sport of football into the logo. The sheen on the logo is essential to make that jump into modernity. Know what I mean?

Hey! It's a "G" for "Green," a "B" for "Bay," and a football! Don't you see the representation the laces?!

I would take this if I was Green Bay. I like the sheen because the most recognizable position on an NFL uniform is the helmet, which is also where the logo is positioned. The sheen across the logo works perfectly for marketing, especially if the Packers want to be considered the Yankees of football.

The Packers have to make the jump from ordinary NFL team to great NFL team. The way to do that is by incorporating elements of the sport of football into the logo. The sheen on the logo is essential to make that jump into modernity. Know what I mean?

Is that sarcasm or not? I can never tell with you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is that sarcasm or not? I can never tell with you.

I thought we got rid of this guy... *sigh*

6fQjS3M.png

They say Packers fandom is like a religion. This guy should thank God it's not an actual religion, because he'd probably end up getting excommunicated for blasphemy.

Nahhh...more like burned for heresy.

/Ewok

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yet again, I have something to add to a thread that everyone stopped talking about a few days ago (It sucks not having internet from home).

Anyway, this guy (or at least his work... I only caught the end of it) was on the TMJ news in Milwaukee, which happens to be owned by the same people as the Journal-Sentinel. Makes you wonder if they just had a slow news night or if they're actually trying to influence public opinion (they have a long history of doing that, as anyone who pays attention to Milwaukee politics can tell you).

Illwauk, I really love the idea of your logos, but can't stand using nickname initials.

I agree when it comes to primary logos, but this would be a alternate logo and the P fits about as good as any letter can fit inside the lopsided shape of Wisconsin. And yes, I tried to put "GB" in there... it doesn't work lol.

Archived