A new Packer logo?

DrBear

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, this guy (or at least his work... I only caught the end of it) was on the TMJ news in Milwaukee, which happens to be owned by the same people as the Journal-Sentinel. Makes you wonder if they just had a slow news night or if they're actually trying to influence public opinion (they have a long history of doing that, as anyone who pays attention to Milwaukee politics can tell you).

I don't understand why the Journal-Sentinel would want to create logo-related unrest among Packers fans, especially when the team looks like a contender. I'm going to call Occam's Razor here and just say they needed to round out the newscast on a slow night. There weren't any asswipes playing "Brutally Assault Your Mayor," luckily.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think the JS is trying to "create logo-related unrest among Packers fans", or that there's anything suspicious in the timing. I also don't think anybody's taking this proposal the slightest bit seriously.

You have to take it in context - recent columns by Jim Stingl include

the exhumation of a pet cemetary, a man determined to eat at every George Webb franchise, a local resurgence of Beatlemania, a man who plays the saxophone outside Miller Park during every game, and his own personal love of jean shorts. Sure, he occasionally tackles some hard news, but the majority of his archive is light, fun stuff, long on character and short on actual news value. Far from being a slow news day, this is what he does.

To presume some grand agenda is giving the story much more weight than it deserves. More than I suspect Stingl gives it.

Archived