Random NCAA football tweaks 'n' designs

chestnutz

Well I'm still lookin' for C&C on Miami, but I'll have an update on them soon.

In the meantime, here's #3, the Drexel Dragons.

LOGOS: I ditched the current primary, full bodied dragon, and opted for the head-only version, getting rid of the red. You'll see that in this entire identity I minimized the use of white, since I love royal and yellow together alone. I used the old athletic dragon from a few years ago, but that the college still uses a lot (a more olde-english style of dragon), which really fit what I wanted to do with Drexel. I created a new wordmark again, and a new tertiary logo, that wouldn't be used too much but just to have it, I suppose (just an interlocking DU, similar to Oklahoma's logo).

UNIFORMS: Since Drexel hasn't had a team since 1973, I could do whatever I wanted with them. Like I said, royal blue and yellow work awesome together IMO when alone, and I modeled the look after Pitt's old unis from before the vegas gold era. These will remind some people of the St. Louis Rams unis, but that's alright IMO. Everything is simple, but it's a classic look that you can't go wrong with. Trojan shoulder stripes on the jerseys, and simple one stripe on the helmet and pants. I wanted a clean look for the team if they were to have an inaugural game, and modeled them after what I would want to see them look like if I went to school here (it's currently my #2).

dragons-logos.png

dragons-unis.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Miami (FL) looks very nice. The uniforms are classy and clean, and they remind me of the U's true glory days (instead of a new ugly design every 3-4 years).

I also think Drexel looks very good (I agree that the colors look great together). I think the only problem in that set is that the primary logo and the secondary "silhouette" logo don't really look like they come from the same dragon. Look at the shapes of the back spines, the ears, the eyes, and the nose. If you go back and detail the face (and the back spines) of the full-body dragon so that it matches the face of the primary logo, then you'll have a winner.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I really like all the work you have done on these teams, and my only real suggestions are for the Drexel concept. I want to see the primary dragon head on the helmets instead of the old-style one. It just makes more sense to use their primary mark, especially since it looks good on a helmet. Also, I would ditch the Blue on Blue look. It looks very amateurish to me when teams wear a dark unitard look with a lighter colored helmet. I think you could try the Blue pants with the White jersey, but why not keep it simple and have one set of pants for both looks? Nice work.

I like Miami(OH)'s set. The pants stripes are a very good look. I think the wordmark on the front of the jersey would be hard to read, but thats my only complaint.

For the U, I'd prefer their current set over this. They are nice though, and i like how you actually have stripes matching on the helmet and jerseys.

The Drexel set is near perfect in my opinion. I wouldn't get rid of the blue pants, but i would add white.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived