Minor League Hockey Defunct Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Looks similar to the Scarecrow of Batman lore:

scarecrow.jpgscarecrow-batman-the-animated-series-7016155-400-300.jpg

That being said, this is an amazing setup. I love it.

You nailed it. That was the basis.

I'm still trying to tweak the T-patch. It does seem to be a bit out of whack with the other logos. Also, thanks to the people who have been commenting on the Halifax changes. I'm still working on that--maybe I'll try the silhouette idea.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#22: Topeka Scarecrows // Topeka, KS

Logo.png

Your work amazes me every time I see one of your new concepts! I would think at some point you would stumble on an identity but for me personally, you hit it on the nail every time!

Have you ever considered creating a Zombies concept? They could possibly be the Pittsburgh Zombies, Pittsburgh being a location where George A. Romero has filmed parts of most of his films!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

A long time ago I was trying to put together a Scarecrows adult hockey team and I was having the hardest time trying to make a logo for it.. well man that scarecrows package is quite the greatest thing I've seen on this site.. well done as usual.

spacer.png

I love the redesign for the Scarecrows,I especially like the crest on the home and away jerseys. The two things that bother me are firstly, the shoulder patch 'T', like others are saying it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the set and secondly, the hands on this seem Kruger-esque. One of the things that I liked about the original scarecrow was that it was kid friendly and this is definitely more menacing. Not that that is bad but it is different. All-in-all an amazing redesign and the font is terrific, would like to see the jerseys on a CCM or OT sports template as that would be the type of jersey that I think the team would be more likely to use.

• 2 weeks later...

#23: San Antonio Iguanas // San Antonio, TX

Logo.png

This is another one that's been in the hopper for a while. I wanted to do this team because of the unique nickname and the possibility to do some different colors. I went with dark green, bright green, and orange. The iguana is obviously highly stylized: Parts I tweaked were the snout/nose area, the spines on the back, and bits of the leg anatomy. But I wanted to emphasize some line economy (thus having the nose continue all the way to the tip of the first spine) and some stylistic choices, such as the cutting streaks of bright green. Another obvious motif is the circular "scale" texture, which runs throughout the concept. I wanted the look of texture without rendering individual scales like I did in the New Haven concept. This way, the size of the pattern could be changed to fit the production needs.

The home and away uniforms mix traditional elements with modern points. The crest is the iguana sitting on an SA monogram, with his tail forming the horizontal stroke on the A. This time, I was forced to change the colors on the crest for the road jersey. The striping pattern on the sleeve, waist, and sock stripes always matches the outline pattern on the SA from the crest. I also added cutting orange streaks, which move toward the side/underarm panels, where I've included the "scale" texture. On the shoulders, there's a patch featuring the club name in a circle with an inset iguana eye.

I went with the bright green for the alternate. The crest is the iguana head and first spine, flipped to avoid interfering with the captains' letters. I used simple striping on the sleeves and socks, with swooping sections of dark green on the sleeves. I also kept the scale motif from the primary uniforms. The shoulder patch is a simplified SA monogram with only the iguana's tail.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

This is definately one of your more interesting sets; I really dig that scaley pattern, and the iguana looks sick. I'm just not too fond of the SA monogram, though: the iguana looks very awkward the way its positioned upon the lettering, and there's also too many outlines. With a few more tweaks, I think it'd look a bit more complete, but as of now the iguana head is a much stronger logo IMO.

This entire series has been absolutely spectacular; I just read all 16 pages, and for each team you present an entirely new look with wonderful colors, great jersey designs, and fantastic logos. The Iguanas are no exception. I like the basic look of the logos (though I think by having the iguana actually sit on the wordmark on the primary you'd eliminate that awkward-looking gap), and the jersey designs are quite nice. The dot pattern is certainly interesting!

scotland_fifasig.png

This is definately one of your more interesting sets; I really dig that scaley pattern, and the iguana looks sick. I'm just not too fond of the SA monogram, though: the iguana looks very awkward the way its positioned upon the lettering, and there's also too many outlines. With a few more tweaks, I think it'd look a bit more complete, but as of now the iguana head is a much stronger logo IMO.

You've got a point there. I think the SA crest evolved directly from my first sketch, and I had just gotten so used to seeing it there. I didn't realize that it was clearly a better alternate crest, and the solo iguana head made a better primary.

So I've made a few changes. The crest switch happened. Also, I tweaked the primary shoulder patch. The iguana eye is gone, replaced by the SA/tail logo outlined in green. I also redid the striping to match the color hierarchy that I preferred. (Basically, more emphasis on the light green.) On the alternate, I moved the (new primary) iguana head to the shoulders.

Uni-Home2.png

Uni-Road2.png

Uni-Alt2.png

#23: San Antonio Iguanas // San Antonio, TX

Logo.png

This is another one that's been in the hopper for a while. I wanted to do this team because of the unique nickname and the possibility to do some different colors. I went with dark green, bright green, and orange. The iguana is obviously highly stylized: Parts I tweaked were the snout/nose area, the spines on the back, and bits of the leg anatomy. But I wanted to emphasize some line economy (thus having the nose continue all the way to the tip of the first spine) and some stylistic choices, such as the cutting streaks of bright green. Another obvious motif is the circular "scale" texture, which runs throughout the concept. I wanted the look of texture without rendering individual scales like I did in the New Haven concept. This way, the size of the pattern could be changed to fit the production needs.

The home and away uniforms mix traditional elements with modern points. The crest is the iguana sitting on an SA monogram, with his tail forming the horizontal stroke on the A. This time, I was forced to change the colors on the crest for the road jersey. The striping pattern on the sleeve, waist, and sock stripes always matches the outline pattern on the SA from the crest. I also added cutting orange streaks, which move toward the side/underarm panels, where I've included the "scale" texture. On the shoulders, there's a patch featuring the club name in a circle with an inset iguana eye.

I went with the bright green for the alternate. The crest is the iguana head and first spine, flipped to avoid interfering with the captains' letters. I used simple striping on the sleeves and socks, with swooping sections of dark green on the sleeves. I also kept the scale motif from the primary uniforms. The shoulder patch is a simplified SA monogram with only the iguana's tail.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

It kind of reminds me of the old Jacksonville Lizard King Jerseys back in the ECHL, only done better.

10557421378c5e795fbc.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

IMO everything looks great. The switch to the iguana head logo was the right move. I'm personally not fond of the circle "SA" logo, I think the circle logos have become too common, but that's just me.

I think that the bright green on the 3rd jersey makes it look like the team is wearing pinnies.

Otherwise everything looks really great and professional.

• 2 weeks later...

i live the SA with the iguana. it looks so good. obviously everything here is awesome! the only thing that somewhat bothers me (and this is not a big deal and others might not even care) is the white gap of nothing under the iguana and above the AN in IGUANA on the primary. i think if you filled it in with the dark green color it would fill out the logo perfectly and unify the iguana and wordmark. all in all keep up the great work! its my favorite series on the board by far.

Archived