Minor League Hockey Defunct Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive only just seen this thread and im incredibly disappointed i cant see most of the pics, and i understand the issue with photobucket, so i suggest uploading images with imageshack.us ? its what i used to use on forums a few years ago and never had a problem

I've got a few I'd like to see:

Salt Lake Golden Eagles

Indianapolis Ice

Las Vegas Thunder

Detroit Vipers

Des Moines Oak Leafs

Cleveland Lumberjacks

Orlando Solar Bears

Denver Mavericks (going waaay back :P)

These were all IHL teams at some point.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

#25: Lowell Lock Monsters // Lowell, MA

Logo.png

Sort of a stretch here... but hey, so's the name "Lock Monsters" for a team in Lowell, Mass. I went through several different types of 'monster,' and I almost did a plesiosaur. But in the end I settled on a giant squid because all the arms seem more menacing to me, and it lent itself to an overarching motif, the suckers. Those suckers are a scalable pattern/swatch instead of being individually rendered. I did get some major help on the arm interactions from another drawing. The colors are light purple, dark purple, and red.

The uniforms are fairly simple. The primary crest is the squid and hockey sticks over a triangle, minus the type. The sucker pattern appears on the inside/underside of the sleeves. The shoulder patch is a close-up view of the squid's eye with an encircling tentacle.

I went with dark purple for the alternate, and the crest is the shoulder logo from the home and away jerseys. The light purple striping is supposed to evoke the shape of tentacles. The shoulder patch here is a simple L paired with a wrapping tentacle.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This one sure is interesting; I think the primary is THE best you're gunna get with a name like this. It's PERFECTION. The secondary logos are a little weak, but only because the primary is so strong. I love the 'eye of the monster' logo, it brings on soe intimidation.

This is definately one of the best of the series, great work.

DANG! Cannot compliment you enough for this concept. Love the colors, love the primary, love the uniforms, love the secondary. Beautiful. As C Jay Z pointed out, the suckers under the arms makes the arms seem like tentacles and it's amazing. I would buy all of those jerseys in a second. Minor league teams should avoid using all similar colors and the same templates and go balls-to-the-wall like you do every time. People buy unique more than they buy "These match my shoes." You sir, deserve all the praise you get for this concept. I wish the shoulder logo on the alternate was a bit stronger, but the rest is perfect.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad people noticed the underarm pattern/tentacle connection. It seemed like a nice subtle way to get the "suckers" in there. I agree that the alternate shoulder patch is a bit soft. I had some other ideas, including a circle w/ text logo... but I've been doing so many of those that I wanted to avoid it here. I may go back and see if I can develop any of the other stuff better.

Keep the ideas for other teams coming. The more consensus a team gets, the more likely I'll do it. For instance, the Solar Bears have been mentioned a few times. I'd LOVE to do this one, because of the unique name and the chance to do some wild colors... But honestly, I'm not sure I could do much better than to update their old logo. I really like that logo--the bear is well done, the sunglasses are a nice touch, it's a good pose and fits well into the circle. It could definitely stand to be de-1990s-fied, but other than that I think it's solid. I might still consider it, though.

Dayton Gems

Dallas Freeze

Long Beach Ice Dogs

Indianapolis Checkers

Fort Wayne Komets

Cleveland Lumber Jacks

New Orleans Brass

Tucson Gila Monsters

Tupelo T-Rex

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Just curious, why not just simply create a new photobucket account for this project, so you don't have to worry about hampering your own PB account?

^ Yeah, I can't see any of the other concepts besides this one. I've been dying to see the Halifax Citadels. Really nice job on the Lowell Lock Monsters BTW. Really great, everything works. One little nit pick is the Reebok Logo on the home, I'd make it white.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I'll probably get an account exclusively for this series when I go back at the end and repost everything, albeit in a much smaller format. I'm waiting til then because changing all the links and remaking all the images will be a huge pain, so I'm gonna do it when I wrap up.

I like some of the suggestions. I was actually in Dayton this week, and saw an autographed Bombers jersey up at a bar--that logo could definitely use an update. I've also already tried the T-Rex, and it never went anywhere that I liked. But I may try to revisit it.

I've gotten very behind on this project though, so it might be a while before I get another team posted. In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming. As I said earlier, the more often a team is suggested, the more likely I'll be to do it.

Archived