SEAHAWKS GOING GREEN TOMORROW

jlentz823

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the picture of Houshmandzadeh, the jerseys are beautiful, the pants/socks combo, not so much. In the screenshot, they don't look so good. I haven't seen any highlights yet, so I can't really give a good judgement. I would imagine they would look MUCH better indoors, though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I wonder why the sleeves are not Seahawk Blue instead of Navy. That would have looked alot better with the Seahawk Blue pants. Looks like the Navy sleeves forced them to go and create and alt. set of Navy pants in doing so they totally left out their best color Seahawk Blue. I hope this is a 1 time deal but they are playing well and we know the last time they used a crazy combo(all SaehawkBlue) at home and won they never went back to what their uniform was intended to look like at home(Blue over White) and on the road(White over Blue btw one of the best looks in the league but hardly ever used except for the the first few times after the uni change).

Horrific. I expected bad when I pictured it with the depresso-blue pants, but with navy pants? Even worse. Let's see... all three uniform componants in a different strong color? Really? And then join the dark pants/same color dark socks craze? Gah.

You know, the saddest part is the jersey alone is kinda nice. (The Orlando Thunder was always a fav of mine.) With white pants, I would actually like this BETTER than their usual lame-blue mono-mess.

Some of you have no sense of humor. I have the game on now, and I think they look great. Plus, it's a color not used anywhere else in pro football, and done in a way that fits with the rest of the Seattle aesthetic.

This is exactly what an alternate should be.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh, Seahawks. So close. First, let me say that I love the Orlando Thunder's unis, and I've been hoping that the Seahawks would use their similar (though not exactly the same) shade of green as a base color ever since those aborted fashion alts showed up on eBay a few years back. But once again today, Seattle proves that the devil is in the details.

First, the most glaring problem here is the nameplate. Whoever thought single-color white on that shade of green would work obviously never thought to look at it other than as a graphic on a computer screen. Either outline the names like the numbers, or change them to navy. Second, the neck and sleeve trim is a design no-no. Putting two relatively close shades of the same color next to each other, and hoping that they'll contrast, well, it's just not happening. The trim needs to use one of the shades of blue, and pair it either with white or the green. Then there's the pants. Once again, there's the trim issue, with the Pacific blue right up against the navy, making it all but disappear. And using navy as the base color for the pant creates the problem previously exhibited by teams like the Saints - the helmet suddenly matches with nothing else in the uniform, creating a real "sore thumb" issue. Using either the Pacific blue or white pants would have been favorable to these navy duds. And finally, the socks, which create the dreaded leotard effect. Green socks would have been the way to go here. Or perhaps, if they had made the socks Pacific blue, the difference in materials would have provided enough contrast with the navy pants, while also giving an element to match the helmet.

So, in my opinion, Seattle has done something here that's actually quite a bit like what they wear the other 15 weeks of the season. They've taken a lot of good elements and potentially good ideas, and combined them in a manner which makes the whole less appealing than the parts, transforming excellent into mediocre or substandard. Well, I guess there's something to be said for consistency.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I flipped on the bears/hawks game and my only thought was "oh my gosh, they actually did it."

I love a traditional uniform set, but kudos to Seattle for just saying "screw it, let's see how these fly."

QFT

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think the Navy pants really make this worse than it really is. The White pants would have been a better option than Navy. The Navy sleeves and pants and socks are just too much with the Seahawk Blue Helmet. The Helmet looks so out of place. Even the Seahawk Blue pants would have been better than the Navy.

Right. These are Awesome (capital A intentional.)

However, they'd be a million times better if the green was mixed with the pacific blue, and not the navy blue. I think of their colors as pacific (or slate) blue and green, with the navy simply being trim. Now, other than the helmet, it's just navy and green (with a little bit of pacific blue on the pants.) Maybe something they can work on for next year.

Still, I imagine seeing a stadium full of these jerseys mixed with their regular blue ones would look sweet. Man, I love Seattle sports (well, MLS and NFL at least) (well, from an aesthetic standpoint at least.)

Some of you have no sense of humor. I have the game on now, and I think they look great. Plus, it's a color not used anywhere else in pro football, and done in a way that fits with the rest of the Seattle aesthetic.

This is exactly what an alternate should be.

Yup.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the jerseys themselves are beautiful. The Seahawks blue pants would have looked a lot better, just because they would actually match the helmet. Even with the navy pants, this is a great alternate look for the Seahawks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived