Random MLB Logo Concepts

chickenfish13

OK, so I went from start to finish with the Johnstown Chiefs concept, and I am happy with the way it came out.

I wanted to start on some MLB concepts, as I am working on MLB rebrands for Raysox's blog, Down On The Farm. I use the word Random lightly, as the Mets is really the only one I have done, and to start I am only going to post the primary logo that I've done. I don't even know If I will add another team to this thread, but If I ever do another MLB concept, and feel like I could post it, it'll go here.

So, first up, the New York Mets.

This idea came to me kinda randomly. I know that New York is nicknamed the big apple, and I wanted to see if I could create a logo from that. I based it off their current primary, and put the apple in the middle. The shading is separate in the apple, as it gets split up by the stitches on a baseball. The new wordmark is nothing special, but I feel that it works here. So, thanks for viewing, and C and C.

newyorkmets.png

I like it. But I think there's too much going on at the bottom. The balance is a little off.

I don't think the apple, bridge, and wordmark should all be in the bottom half of the logo.

Maybe move New York above the logo, or toward the top.

Or make it smaller, and put it above the bridge?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So is this the New York Apples? There's nothing in this logo that says "Mets". The thing about a logo with a somewhat intangible nickname is that unless you write out that nickname, the logo makes little sense.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The skyline says 'Mets'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

i like it. the apple fits the logo perfectly...its part of the stadium...in the bottom center...why not in the logo? dont get the blue streak in the apple though...so it looks a little too abstracted there. wordmark looks good. and you did a good job of keeping the overall look of the other logo. and no black is good.

i like! (**)

I like the idea of incorperating the big apple, and NO black. :grin: It's a good start

Thanks.

I like it. But I think there's too much going on at the bottom. The balance is a little off.

I don't think the apple, bridge, and wordmark should all be in the bottom half of the logo.

Maybe move New York above the logo, or toward the top.

Or make it smaller, and put it above the bridge?

Yeah, I tried putting mets in underneath New York, and I may have an update with that.

So is this the New York Apples? There's nothing in this logo that says "Mets". The thing about a logo with a somewhat intangible nickname is that unless you write out that nickname, the logo makes little sense.

Mets is kinda a sketchy name to design for, but nothing in their current logo says mets, except for the word mets. Once again though, if I have an update, I will include mets in it somewhere.

The skyline says 'Mets'.

That it does :D

i like it. the apple fits the logo perfectly...its part of the stadium...in the bottom center...why not in the logo? dont get the blue streak in the apple though...so it looks a little too abstracted there. wordmark looks good. and you did a good job of keeping the overall look of the other logo. and no black is good.

i like! (**)

The blue streaks in the apple are the stitches as if the apple is a ball. It's kinda abstractly in their, but I like that their is something kinda obviously hidden in it.

How about making the main logo with the skyline inside an apple shape instead of inside a circle?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like the concept behind the Mets logo quite a bit. I think you can play up the baseball inside the apple by adding a few simple stitches to the seams. Right now, the two simple blue lines are a bit too minimal. Secondly, I think I would emphasize "Mets" over "New York." The team name seems like way too much of an afterthought here. Finally, everything feels very bottom-heavy. Try looking at moving the skyline up as far as possible, then nudging the bridge up a bit. That way, you might be able to center the apple/ball within the logo circle, and the text wouldn't feel like it's about to fall off the bottom.

Very good start, keep at it like you did with the Chiefs concept.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived