MLB BP Cap Concept Series

Patchez

Nicknames shouldn't be used for cap monograms, only locations. The Oakland A's can be grandfathered in as an exception; modern cases like the Diamondbacks are design failures. If anything, the White Sox should be wearing a "C" for Chicago on their caps, considering the chest-thumping from team and fans alike about how they're "the true Chicago team" and so forth, but given their history of pretty much always wearing a SOX logo on their caps, I suppose they can keep skating by with the SOX cap. It sells well enough, why discontinue it. But this doesn't work for me. Because we're so used to it being part of the full logo, it looks odd and kind of inconsequential by itself. It is, after all, 1/3 of a logo. Using the isolated S makes me think:

1. This is a farm team of the White Sox based in some city that starts with an S, like Scottsdale.

2. This is what would've happened if the White Sox moved to Seattle.

3. This is another team altogether unrelated to the White Sox because blackletter on hats is pretty common in baseball.

The embroidery looks great, though! smile.gif

Wow, that is fantastic. Feel like putting an interlocking CS version together? That might well be a grand slam...

Seeing as their name is the Chicago White Sox, a "CS" would omit one third of their initials and more likely signify "Colorado Springs." That shouldn't be a "grand slam," but then again Comiskey has a lot of home runs that wouldn't be home runs anywhere else.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow, that is fantastic. Feel like putting an interlocking CS version together? That might well be a grand slam...

Seeing as their name is the Chicago White Sox, a "CS" would omit one third of their initials and more likely signify "Colorado Springs."

It already does...

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1014

Patchez, this is a fantastic series! I love that Chicago alternate logo, and the other two are just as beautiful. If you don't have any ideas for a Rockies alternate logo, I'd suggest looking into that "R" logo that pops up now and again.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

These are great. i think there are a lot of teams that are doing themselves a diservice int he marketing department by not mixing up their BP hats. If you're in the mood, I'd be interested to see a Twins version with the T from their jersey wordmark. Another eligible team would be the B for Brewers, the B for the Orioles and the C for the Indians.

Very nice presentation and I like your Oakland concept, even if it is a tad bit illegible, but the Mets hat is weak, taking a letter from their wordmark and using a flashy patch technique does not automatically make a concept, you need to do a little more. (obviously your patch thing is cool of course). Look at some of the more unique bp logos like the Astros with the texas background, or even look at some Giants fashion cap logos that feature the golden gate bridge, bp caps allow for a little more outside the box thinking, rather than simply a letter mark. So, for concepts where you might not really come up with any new lettering, like the Mets, attempt to bring in some city or nickname imagery, like a skyline for the mets, for example.

Archived