Mets uniform changes

SPORTSDOCTOR

You know what is stupid? Idiots arguing about what looks good instead of talking about the team! The Yankees are in the playoffs looking for title 27 and we are all reading AND writing about what looks good. That is the difference between Mets fans and those darn Yankees fans!

Guys, in the 60's wool jerseys were WHITE! Polyester jerseys and better laundry techniques allowed for SNOW white and true wool white went bye bye with the wool! Merry Christmas! THERE WERE NO CREAM COLOR JERSEYS BACK THEN, JUST WHITE, A DIRTY WHITE, BUT STILL WHITE! NOT CREAM, NOT OFF WHITE, WHITE!

As for the bLack jerseys and shadows, Paul Lucas and Howie Rose kiss my @ss. Get over it. If the Mets get rid of the black fine, I'll live with it, if not, don't cry about it like a bunch democrats.

GOD! YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID. GO ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM. YOU CAN PUT ANY UNIFORM ON THEM. IF THEY DON'T PLAY WELL AND WIN, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY WEAR. THEY WILL STILL LOOK LIKE CR#P!

GUYS GET A LIFE!

Dude... did you just crap your pants?

No, but I'd like to crap on your head.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Don't tell me what I understand and don't understand. I collect baseball jerseys, I enjoy reading about what is happening and what has happened, but grown men critquing what other men are wearing and complaining about a color combos and designs...most people would agree, those people have no life.

I'm sure some of the same people would share you delightful insights on politics as well as your incredible writing technique. In fact, I'm shocked you're not out dating a supermodel right now all while finishing your final draft of your Noble Prize-winning novel about the boy from New Jersey that changed the world with their stunning insights and alarming amount of hair gel. BringBackTheVet, this is the kind of Mets fan that I give Phillies' fans full permission to make fun of. Seriously, who's the one without the life: someone who has a hobby or someone who goes into message boards to mock someone with a hobby? Get over yourself, boss. I'm sure there's a perfectly nice Rutgers girl for you to brag to about how much you bench or how shaved your chest is or something. Go throw on the same John Franco replica you've been wearing for the past 16 years and call WFAN to complain that the Mets should trade Jose Reyes for Craig Counsell or something.

sig2024.png

BBTV needs nobody's permission to make fun of Mets fans.

Nobody's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know what is stupid? Idiots arguing about what looks good instead of talking about the team! The Yankees are in the playoffs looking for title 27 and we are all reading AND writing about what looks good. That is the difference between Mets fans and those darn Yankees fans!

Guys, in the 60's wool jerseys were WHITE! Polyester jerseys and better laundry techniques allowed for SNOW white and true wool white went bye bye with the wool! Merry Christmas! THERE WERE NO CREAM COLOR JERSEYS BACK THEN, JUST WHITE, A DIRTY WHITE, BUT STILL WHITE! NOT CREAM, NOT OFF WHITE, WHITE!

As for the bLack jerseys and shadows, Paul Lucas and Howie Rose kiss my @ss. Get over it. If the Mets get rid of the black fine, I'll live with it, if not, don't cry about it like a bunch democrats.

GOD! YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID. GO ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM. YOU CAN PUT ANY UNIFORM ON THEM. IF THEY DON'T PLAY WELL AND WIN, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY WEAR. THEY WILL STILL LOOK LIKE CR#P!

GUYS GET A LIFE!

So, your into that kinda thing, huh? Well, I guess everybody gets their jollies in their own special way.

GUYS GET A LIFE!

So, your into that kinda thing, huh? Well, I guess everybody gets their jollies in their own special way.

ZING!

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

GUYS GET A LIFE!

Well, for a third post, that's got to be one of the dumbest I've ever seen. You come to a board that talks about sports LOGOS and UNIFORMS, and you blast people for discussing the Mets uniforms. Okay. Now, that you finally convinced your parents to get you that dial up internet connection, did you do your remedial english homework before connecting? It's no wonder you have no friends and can't get a date, you have no clue on how to positively interact with people. You need social skills. Now go back to making-out with your pillow.

Unless you are really excited about the firings of Luis Alicea and Sandy Alomar, Sr. or the acquisition of Chris Carter as a PTBNL in the Billy Wagner deal, the only thing worth discussing about the Mets between now and the end of the postseason is the uniform.

GUYS GET A LIFE!

3 strong posts you have there.

87Redskins.png

So we went from discussing Mets uniforms to the on field superiority of one New York team over another to pooping on one's head????

Let me know when this thread gets off of the whole German Scheizer thing and gets back to uniforms and stuff. Some people 'round here (me especially) like to get their pleasures from simple things like: a hot cup of tea, a slice of pizza, or visiting a sports logo website and talking about logos and uniforms and stuff. But thats just me.

:)

So we went from discussing Mets uniforms to the on field superiority of one New York team over another to pooping on one's head????

Let me know when this thread gets off of the whole German Scheizer thing and gets back to uniforms and stuff. Some people 'round here (me especially) like to get their pleasures from simple things like: a hot cup of tea, a slice of pizza, or visiting a sports logo website and talking about logos and uniforms and stuff. But thats just me.

:)

Agreed. Let's get this back on track.

What do you think? Will the Mets spring some leaks on their new uni set up? If they sign a big free agent before the unveil on 11/27, i'm assuming that might answer some of our questions. Although I'm sure no one major will be signed before then consider the Series stretches into November this year and free agency doesn't begin until 15 days after that.

sig2024.png

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Don't tell me what I understand and don't understand. I collect baseball jerseys, I enjoy reading about what is happening and what has happened, but grown men critquing what other men are wearing and complaining about a color combos and designs...most people would agree, those people have no life.

Yet you are a member of forums that discuss the topic.

Look in the mirror dipstick.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'd say I'd like to crap on the Mets uniforms, but Wilpon already did.

In all seriousness, while nitpicking every stitch of every minor league logo may be admittingly geekish, there actually is some legitimacy in discussing the Mets uniforms.

This team has NO identity, and that's their biggest problem. They re-introduced name-less uniforms in 1999ish against, of all teams, the Yankees. Then they put them back on a year later. For 10 years they had not one, but two black uniforms and two black hats yet their colors are supposed to be orange and blue. They wear pinstripes sometimes, sometimes they dont. Their stadium is a shrine to another team, not themselves as it should be.

So when they introduce yet another uniform, its worth discussing whether they did it right or not.

This time, another failure before I even see it, Its cream colored! Guess who else introduced a cream-colored uniform recently... the Phillies! They're your arch-rivals! Why would you want to immitate them? Just like they immitate the Yankees with name-less uniforms and pinstripes and the Dodgers with Citifield. The Mets need their own identity really bad. Its not about looking good so much, that's the next step. First, figure out who you are and what you want to represent and your logo and uniform are the first thing that presents that.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived