Broncos to wear mustard yellow

J.R.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed everything about this game, except for the final score. I applaud the effort that all parties put into making this game a throwback game. The mustard vs white matchup looked better than I thought, although I still would have preferred to see the Patriots in red. I didn't even mind the socks, which looked better when lined up with the stripes on the pants (I'm talking to you, Jabar Gaffney).

I do wish that CBS had used the old logos in its graphics instead of the color ones, just to be consistent.

I didn't think I'd like Denver's uniform, but the simplicity of it makes it easier to take.

Bravo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, it was cute to see the Donks play dress-up for a day... But as far as I'm concerned, Denver can disregard those nasty unis, especially those hideous socks, away for another fifty years!

Too bad these will be making an encore 'AFL Legacey Game' appearance later in the year.

6uXNWAo.png

These jerseys were awesome. Brown is so underrated in sports. I wonder what they'd look like if they were still these colours.

DEN.png

Like that.

lol, im working on a concept right now that blends both new and old unis and i did that very same color treatment to the logo

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I thought I would enjoy the Denver look but after looking at it for an entire game I see why they burned the f'in things in the 60's.The socks are very distracting to look at for more than a few minutes in game. I hear we will see the White(road)version next week on Monday Night at SD in another AFL Legacy matchup with the Chargers in their Powder Blues.

i have to say i love that the Broncos went all out for this game. i dont know how far the other teams have pushed the AFL thing, but the Broncos had the old graphics, field, gameday souvenirs, cheerleader uniforms. probably more. they did all they could to take you back to the 1960s. great job Denver

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i have to say i love that the Broncos went all out for this game. i dont know how far the other teams have pushed the AFL thing, but the Broncos had the old graphics, field, gameday souvenirs, cheerleader uniforms. probably more. they did all they could to take you back to the 1960s. great job Denver

Agreed, it was very well done. The Pats looked fantastic too.

But those Denver unis belong under a circus tent somewhere. Hideous. Cool to see a time or two just to get a taste of what they looked like back in '60, but hideous nonetheless.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

About the brown...a couple years ago, the Cleveland Browns started using a darker brown, almost black-looking, though I don't recall why. (CWx...help??) Many people were curious as to why the Browns couldn't use a lighter brown. What I remember reading is that it would have actually been against the league rules for the Browns to use a lighter shade of brown, because then the ball could possibly get lost in the ballcarrier's hands against a similar-colored background--in this case, the jersey. I think that's what ltravisjr was alluding to. It may also be a reason why the Browns went to the darker brown (?).

That aside...I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more brown in pro sports myself.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived