2 new ones...HOU Texans & UCF football

BrandMooreArt

also working with a new presentation template, inspired by various people here on the boards. feel free to critique that as well

2445pcm.jpg

i think UCF's current unis are the worst in the nation. theres nothing about them i like. i always thought their Pegasus logo would look great on a helmet, and wanted to try that here. the shoulders being different colors, to me, looks like shoulder amour a knight would wear. at least thats the focus of the design. everything ele is just trying to be "fast" and "consistent".

UPDATE - change some things on the pants and changed my template a bit

2cq1sol.jpg

w7kcap.jpg

rw3wvp.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You have the bull flipped on the helmet. He's always headed into battle.

I'm digging the red jersey/blue pants. There's a nice balance going on. However, something about the blue jersey on red pants isn't working for me. Any chance you could do a jersey with white pants and the white jersey with the red pants?

With the UCF concept, the numbers are too wide. '18' fits, but two full-width digits (i.e. anything but a '1') would not. A good rule of thumb is to always do concepts with numbers like 24 or 35 to get a more accurate representation and to make sure any eventuality will fit.

With the UCF concept, the numbers are too wide. '18' fits, but two full-width digits (i.e. anything but a '1') would not. A good rule of thumb is to always do concepts with numbers like 24 or 35 to get a more accurate representation and to make sure any eventuality will fit.

good advice. ill swap the numbers on there. #18 is always my default i fi dont know any of the players; it was my number

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Texans pants would look better without the horn gimmick. Maybe just a single blue next to a single red on the white pants, and a single blue next to a single white on the red pants. It'd make the pants match the sleeves exactly, while enhancing the horn gimmick on the jersey by making it the only non-standard design element in the set. Do it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Texans pants would look better without the horn gimmick. Maybe just a single blue next to a single red on the white pants, and a single blue next to a single white on the red pants. It'd make the pants match the sleeves exactly, while enhancing the horn gimmick on the jersey by making it the only non-standard design element in the set. Do it.

i think you're right. i will try this

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I think that's better, but I'd try not separating the colors.

Look at the blue jersey - the sleeve goes red-blue-white (with a tiny white outline around the red - an outline which may or may not even be necessary.) The pants should go red-blue-white (with the white just being the actual base color of the pants.) Any separation should just be a tiny white piping, to match the white piping around the horn on the sleeve (which again, may not be necessary... not sure.)

Same with the other pants - should probably go just white-red, with no separation.

Also, I'm not sure about the logo there - may be better on the front hip as opposed to breaking up the striping on the side.

Would have to see these change to decide if they're improvements or not - the way you did it may turn out to be the best, but I can't help thinking it could still be improved.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i see what you are saying. i kind of like the seperation though but i will continue to work on it. the reason for the color arrangment on the stripes is because i wanted to use the logo on the hip, and not have the same color passing behind either side of the logo. (red never passes behind the red side, nor does blue). ill try to get some more tweaks up by tommarrow

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived