New York Islanders

Bmac

The main idea if this concept was to combine the Islanders classic look with a modern look. I also tried to stay away from the common "lighthouse" concept.

Colors

-navy

-royal blue

-orange

-white

I used both navy and royal blue as part of the combination of eras.

Logos

I made a new logo that is supposed to be a "modernized" version of their current logo, which I am trying to leave behind, as it has a 70's feel to it.

New logo includes:

-New NY logo with Long Island on the end of the Y

-Four stripes, representing the Islanders 4 Stanley Cups

-The use of navy and royal, combining the eras

The NY/island logo is used as an alternate. I also created a new wordmark, as the Islanders do not currently have one (that I know of).

islanderslogos.png

Jerseys

For the jerseys, I made a new template that is supposed to be a combination of their current jerseys and their classic ones.

White is road. Navy and royal will be worn at home.

The primary logo is on the chest, with the alternate logo on the sleeves.

islandersjersey1.png

islandersjersey2.png

islandersjersey3.png

C+C as always!

The main idea if this concept was to combine the Islanders classic look with a modern look. I also tried to stay away from the common "lighthouse" concept.

Colors

-navy

-royal blue

-orange

-white

I used both navy and royal blue as part of the combination of eras.

Logos

I made a new logo that is supposed to be a "modernized" version of their current logo, which I am trying to leave behind, as it has a 70's feel to it.

New logo includes:

-New NY logo with Long Island on the end of the Y

-Four stripes, representing the Islanders 4 Stanley Cups

-The use of navy and royal, combining the eras

The NY/island logo is used as an alternate. I also created a new wordmark, as the Islanders do not currently have one (that I know of).

islanderslogos.png

Jerseys

For the jerseys, I made a new template that is supposed to be a combination of their current jerseys and their classic ones.

White is road. Navy and royal will be worn at home.

The primary logo is on the chest, with the alternate logo on the sleeves.

islandersjersey1.png

islandersjersey2.png

islandersjersey3.png

C+C as always!

Just so long as it's not a repeat of the old 'fishsticks' logo, it's alright.

BTW - what about repeating the hash marks on the shoulder, in honor of the club's four Stanley Cup victories?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

It'd be a great set without the royal blue.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

the second they win another cup, that logo and any 4 stripe logo will look out dated. just saying. not to say they are in any real danger of winning another one in our life time but i'm just putting that out there.

This is true. I took that into consideration when I designed it so that I could easily add another stripe (or more). But as you said, that probably won't happen anytime soon.

the second they win another cup, that logo and any 4 stripe logo will look out dated. just saying. not to say they are in any real danger of winning another one in our life time but i'm just putting that out there.

This is true. I took that into consideration when I designed it so that I could easily add another stripe (or more). But as you said, that probably won't happen anytime soon.

But the team shouldn't design a logo around this fact... that said it's a concept.

6fQjS3M.png

Ok, there are some good things going on here, but some things that could be improved. I'll start with the things that don't quite look right to me:

1. The stripes behind the NY in the primary logo: There is a royal stripe between the two middle stripes that makes the pattern look like 5 stripes instead of 4. I'd switch that to navy, so it reads correctly.

2. The typeface of the NY looks too? generic. Especially since you have Long Island as the Y's tail, you should use a Y more like the Giants' Y. Plus the way the NY is positioned, it pinches the design at the upper left corner of the N.

3. On the wordmark, there are tiny little creases of orange between the white outlines. You should bring the words closer together or move them further apart. I find the typeface to be a bit too generic, and the drop shadow seems inappropriate, considering it isn't used in the logos or on the jersey numbers.

4. I think the dark jerseys use too much white. I would emphasize orange and blue on the sleeve stripes.

Now, the good:

1. The colors. I like the two-tone blue effect.

2. The tie-up collars. Why don't more teams use this?

3. Putting the stripes in the logo. While it may need to be edited if they win it all, I think it's a nice way to pay tribute.

Overall, it's a good start, but the tweaks I mentioned would definitely help.

Gotta agree with bohob, the typeface does seem very generic, in the logo especially. I don't really like the drop shadow you have applied. The small amount of royal blue doesn't agree well with the navy text. The way the island interacts with the ny isn't my favorite, it looks a little slapped on. Still, I think you have a good color scheme and uniforms that look pretty nice (a different alt template might be better though). Good uniforms, logos need work.

Archived