APA National Conference Logo Contest

B-Rich

Okay-- for anyone here who HAPPENS to be reading the general design thread and who may be interested.

For those who may not know, what pays the bills for me is that I'm a planner (city planner, urban/regional planner, transportation planner; whatever you want to call it). I'm involved with the local committee that's setting up the American Planning Association's (APA) NAtional Conference to be held here in New Orleans in April 2010. In fact, I'm on the merchandise committee, responsible for producing and selling stuff with the conference logo on it. The Louisiana state APA chapter president put together a conference logo contest, which was only sent out to design firms in the state and (at first) only open to Louisiana design professionals. At a conferecne planning meeting yesterday, I found out that the entries have been underwhelming in terms of numbers and quality. After bringing up passion and abilities of the members of this board, I got the go-ahead to spread the word about the contest to this community for their entries, with the caveat being that they would need to forward them in the next week or so (by October 9th). The original contest was supposed to close yesterday.

I have posted a .pdf of the entry notice for download, with all info included, here.

For reference, below is one of two logos used in the 2001 APA national conference held here (this was printed on a black carry-on bag).

2001.JPG

You can send the logos directly to me to serve as your Louisiana "Sponsor", or directly to Dana Nunez Brown as described on the entry notice.

--Bruce J. Richards, AICP

It is what it is.

Archived