Jaguars considering playing some games in Orlando

B-Rich

I'd love to see the Jaguars move from Jacksonville to Los Angeles, since it would be a pretty nice move. However, it might create some kind of realignment problem in the AFC. If the Jaguars do indeed move to L.A., they would have to swap divisions with the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs would move to the AFC South and the Jaguars would have to go to the AFC West.

No, there wouldn't be any major realignment problems. If the Jags moved to LA then they would move to the NFC West. The Rams would move to the NFC South, and the Panthers would move to the AFC South. See? The Jags moving wouldn't have to upset the historic AFC West at all.

So even though moving the Jaguars to L.A. sounds good, I think moving either the Raiders or the Chargers to Los Angeles would sound better. Meanwhile, I would move the Jaguars to Orlando, since that metropolitan area is larger than Jacksonville, and the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium will most likely be renovated as part of the city's "Triple Crown for Downtown" project.

Seriously? The Chargers and Raiders? The NFL wants two teams in LA because they want one in each conference. The Raiders and Chargers are both AFC (West!) teams, and original AFL teams at that. Neither one is moving to the NFC. Either the Chargers or Raiders will move to LA, not both.

Also, the Jags moving to Orlando permanently isn't happening. Orlando falls under the Buccaneers' territorial rights.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Jaguars move from Jacksonville to Los Angeles, since it would be a pretty nice move. However, it might create some kind of realignment problem in the AFC. If the Jaguars do indeed move to L.A., they would have to swap divisions with the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs would move to the AFC South and the Jaguars would have to go to the AFC West.

So even though moving the Jaguars to L.A. sounds good, I think moving either the Raiders or the Chargers to Los Angeles would sound better. Meanwhile, I would move the Jaguars to Orlando, since that metropolitan area is larger than Jacksonville, and the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium will most likely be renovated as part of the city's "Triple Crown for Downtown" project.

No, we explained this already. You don't have to move anything. It just means Los Angeles and Houston are in a division together. Worked in the National League for years. There aren't road trips in football. Rivalries trump geography for NFL divisions (hence Dallas in the N-East and the forever unbroken AFL West), so just leave the Jaguars be, battling with the Colts and Titans like they have for years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Technically LA is more south that Indy is.

Technically, Buffalo, Boston/New England and New York are more north than Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Baltimore is more east than Buffalo and Miami and more south than Indianapolis.

Dallas is more west than St. Louis and more south than Charlotte, which is, in turn, more east than Dallas.

The division labels are obviously not meant to cover all geographic possibilities. :grin:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So upper deck seats are nine bucks cheaper now. The Jaguars already ranked 30th in average ticket price. I don't think people like going to Jaguars games.

Well, yeah. I think they missed the window to bail for 2010. My fear is that they depart from every draftnik's wisdom and actually take Tim Tebow in the middle of the first round to make sure almost nobody can nab him before they can, in hopes that his Gator pedigree and smothering evangelism will resonate with northern Florida's population and thus save the NFL in Jacksonville. My bigger fear is that it works.

Well, yeah. I think they missed the window to bail for 2010. My fear is that they depart from every draftnik's wisdom and actually take Tim Tebow in the middle of the first round to make sure almost nobody can nab him before they can, in hopes that his Gator pedigree and smothering evangelism will resonate with northern Florida's population and thus save the NFL in Jacksonville. My bigger fear is that it works.

There's only one way to find out...where's that blasted time machine? :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

If(and most likely when possible)the Jags pounce to LA,they should St.Lou's football team to change

their names to the Stallions or the Clydes(Like the Clydesdale horses from the Budweiser commercial)

and become the Rams again.They can use the current template for the uniforms but color them dark

royal blue and mustard yellow.That's all I have to say.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

If(and most likely when possible)the Jags pounce to LA,they should St.Lou's football team to change

their names to the Stallions or the Clydes(Like the Clydesdale horses from the Budweiser commercial)

and become the Rams again.They can use the current template for the uniforms but color them dark

royal blue and mustard yellow.That's all I have to say.

No...

In fact...f*** no. The Rams moniker is an integral part of that franchise's identity and is not tied to any locale.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Besides, the Rams themselves will be the next club to move to LA. :P

Well maybe the city of St.Lou's can have the Rams name and monicker and history and uniforms and stuff and the new team in Los ANgeles of Angeles can call them the Clydes or the Doors or something :clueless:

Welcome to DrunjFlix

My most successful Baseball Stars team was the Philadelphia Clydes - short for Clydesdales.

the_more_you_know.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Although Jaguars to LA will most likely happen in the near future, I still think they should play some games in Orlando (if they expand the regular season schedule to 17 or 18 games).

YOZXkBG.png?1

Do you make a single post that doesn't tinker with realignment, relocation, or schedule makeup?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Guess not. But then again, Goodell has a point. I don't expect the Jaguars to stay in Jacksonville for long if they continue to struggle filling the seats at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived