Jaguars considering playing some games in Orlando

B-Rich

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

The question now is "can they keep it up?"

Relocation rumours were everywhere for this team last season. While I give the fans credit for stepping up and supporting them this season, it still remains to be seen if that enthusiasm can be maintained on a season by season basis.

This city loves this team. TV ratings are a great indication of that. They outdraw UF and FSU games combined. As I said from the get go, bad teams plus an economic depression = lets pay the mortgage over season tickets. Jacksonville was one of the hardest hit cities. Jacksonville is on the rebound from that. They were selling tickets this season even before this team emerged as a winner. Everything I said would happen did happen. The reason? Because I know whats going on. You want to know? Get your word from a guy who lives in the situation. Dont go by "the word" of a guy in a cubicle in New York trying to sell papers. I have no problem basking in my interwebz victory.

The reason? Because I know whats going on. You want to know? Get your word from a guy who lives in the situation. Dont go by "the word" of a guy in a cubicle in New York trying to sell papers. I have no problem basking in my interwebz victory.

Kinda like Glendale...

I saw, I came, I left.

Local TV ratings aren't a terribly reliable indicator of fan interest, unless they account for the number of bars and other public spaces in town which keep the games on as a matter of course.

Still, I give Jacksonville a whole lot of credit for this. Contrast with Glendale, which was faced with a similar "support 'em or lose 'em" proposition and folded their tents.

This is an extremely positive step for Jacksonville, especially since LA is nearing readiness. Now Jags fans just need to keep it up.

This city loves this team. TV ratings are a great indication of that. They outdraw UF and FSU games combined. As I said from the get go, bad teams plus an economic depression = lets pay the mortgage over season tickets. Jacksonville was one of the hardest hit cities. Jacksonville is on the rebound from that. They were selling tickets this season even before this team emerged as a winner. Everything I said would happen did happen. The reason? Because I know whats going on. You want to know? Get your word from a guy who lives in the situation. Dont go by "the word" of a guy in a cubicle in New York trying to sell papers. I have no problem basking in my interwebz victory.

Not totally relevant, but does technically involve Jacksonville...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/03/entertainment/main671433.shtml

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If there is a lockout, how will Weaver respond?

They have already announced their pricing structure for 2011.

While prices for one year general bowl season tickets will increase between $1.50 and $4 per game ? the first increase in the last three years ? pricing will remain flat for West Touchdown Club and MPS Group Terrace Suite seats, with six sections of the East Touchdown Club receiving significant price reductions.

?In addition,? Weaver added, ?we are also giving fans an opportunity to avoid the 2011 price increase on one-year tickets in the general bowl by signing up for our 30/30 Plan which allows them to lock in their current price for the next two seasons. We encourage all of our one-year general bowl seat owners to take advantage of this offer, which will end on December 1st, by calling our ticket office at 904/633-2000.?

Asking for a commitment for a full season to get the price break at the same time playoff ticket forms are sent out seems odd to me, but I understand that they can make interest on all the deposits.

There is absolutely no mention of them being off the relocation market. One good season is not going to save them. It was pretty certain they'd still be in Jacksonville next year, so you can't really bank on them staying based on this season alone. The Colts should be at full-strength next season, I stress "should". This season could be a fluke, and if that's the case, based on the past, the attendance and admiration will drop right back down to where it was. Everybody loves a winner (except Phoenix), so let's see how they react if things go back to the way they were before we start claiming them to be a "saved" team.

There is absolutely no mention of them being off the relocation market. One good season is not going to save them. It was pretty certain they'd still be in Jacksonville next year, so you can't really bank on them staying based on this season alone. The Colts should be at full-strength next season, I stress "should". This season could be a fluke, and if that's the case, based on the past, the attendance and admiration will drop right back down to where it was. Everybody loves a winner (except Phoenix), so let's see how they react if things go back to the way they were before we start claiming them to be a "saved" team.

Don't you worry - the Jags staying put or moving has absolutely no bearing on the Rams' relocation. LA will be looking for one NFC team and one AFC. :P

Maybe so, man...maybe so. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason for this team to leave. At this moment they are selling tickets. At this moment there are more teams in disarray than the Jags. Also, the team sucked it last year and sucked it at the beginning of the year. Sell outs and season ticket broken records were still happening. At this moment there are teams with stadium AND attendance issues. At this moment the Jags have neither. Look, the Jags owner and the fans had two options when ticket sales were bleak and relocation talk were being fired around the nation. The owner could have said screw it, and let attendance suffer and shop the team to LA. The fans could have said screw it, and let the team die. The owner decided to market and push his product. The fans decided to buy at record pace. Sounds like both sides wants this team.

Goth, the AFC team will probably come from a few miles south of L.A..

Maybe so, man...maybe so. As of right now, there is absolutely no reason for this team to leave. At this moment they are selling tickets. At this moment there are more teams in disarray than the Jags. Also, the team sucked it last year and sucked it at the beginning of the year. Sell outs and season ticket broken records were still happening. At this moment there are teams with stadium AND attendance issues. At this moment the Jags have neither. Look, the Jags owner and the fans had two options when ticket sales were bleak and relocation talk were being fired around the nation. The owner could have said screw it, and let attendance suffer and shop the team to LA. The fans could have said screw it, and let the team die. The owner decided to market and push his product. The fans decided to buy at record pace. Sounds like both sides wants this team.

Goth, the AFC team will probably come from a few miles south of L.A..

My opinion was this: The Jaguars were releasing a promotion to re-new season tickets nearly at the same time when the NFL tells teams to send out playoff information. The team asks for playoff tickets (all which could be applied to next season automatically) plus the next season (which could be a lockout season), before December 20, seems to be extreme.

It appears that JAX is working on the interest of the money received before the lockout. Most season ticket holders do not get asked to renew until February at the earliest.

If nothing else, this is how it should be when relocation is only at the "threat" stage. If they sell out every year and still go to L.A., that would certainly look bad. Sure, a good team helps, but I think Jaguars fans deserve credit for turning out like they did. Maybe the Jaguars stole some fans back from UF post-title runs and will continue to do so now that Urban Meyer and Tebow are gone. Don't know how much croosover there is, but it sounds like there is some, and there is only so much disposable income to go around in a down economy.

In the meantime, now all Jaguars fans have to do is keep it up. Pretty much forever.

To add to all that...apparently Jags fans have also began to travel. Seen a good many of them up in downtown Indianapolis yesterday and again today. Had a good ol' time chatting it up with a couple of them...while hamming it up with a few Colt heads. Of course, they probably would have done well to check the weather before getting up here...looked like a good many of them were struggling to make it in this icy cold air up here.

(Off-the-cuff note: that giant window at the north end of Lucas Oil--to say nothing of the rest of them around the building--really gives the impression of a giant green house once you're inside.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

To add to all that...apparently Jags fans have also began to travel. Seen a good many of them up in downtown Indianapolis yesterday and again today. Had a good ol' time chatting it up with a couple of them...while hamming it up with a few Colt heads. Of course, they probably would have done well to check the weather before getting up here...looked like a good many of them were struggling to make it in this icy cold air up here.

(Off-the-cuff note: that giant window at the north end of Lucas Oil--to say nothing of the rest of them around the building--really gives the impression of a giant green house once you're inside.)

Yeah, watching the game on TV I saw a few more Jaguars jerseys than I thought i would have. I would've been there wearing my Jags jersey had tickets not been through the roof. :P

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah, watching the game on TV I saw a few more Jaguars jerseys than I thought i would have. I would've been there wearing my Jags jersey had tickets not been through the roof. :P

OMG...dude, do you know I spent two weeks looking for a decent ticket--and the cheapest I could find was like $250-something? Kinda crazy considering the price of, well, everything else in this state is cheap as I-don't-know-what. No matter though...I had a feeling the Jaguars were going to roll up into the oil drum brick house on South & Capitol and sh** the pot. That's what they do.

Still...very encoraging sign to see that much teal up here amongst all this blue. I didn't see that much teal at the 2008 wild-card playoff game against the Steelers. Take that for what it's worth.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...

Archived