Jaguars considering playing some games in Orlando

B-Rich

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we don't know Rush's life away from radio

Yes we do. He divorces his wives and illegally procures prescription drugs.

So if you've divorced a wife or two over the years, that should keep you from becoming an owner of a sports team?

Depends. If Carroll had divorced Georgia, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What does all of this have to do with JAX as it a thread about them? Did Georgia love to visit Shoe Carnival? Heck, how many of you all visit Shoe Carnival?

http://www.shoecarnival.com/Locations/Default.aspx?state=TX

I would go compare shoes there with a DSW. Wait, I think most of you do not even wear shoes as men over 18 since hats are a good subject here.

Really, grow up and wear shoes, even with jeans. (This could be a topic itself).

For what it's worth, when he was on ESPN, he didn't bring non-football politics onto NFL Countdown, and his interview on Leno a couple weeks ago was actually entertaining. Rush is fully capable of keeping politics out of where it shouldn't be.

No, he just went right to football-related racism. Kept politics right out of it.

That mess, as much as anything else he's said since, will count against him.

And the "Redskins" issue is at best a red herring. Nobody can suggest with a straight face that the NFL would let a team choose that name today.

You're right, dfwabel. This has gone away from the original topic (maybe the thread name should be changed). But that's because it's hard to imagine the Jaguars staying in Jacksonville - at least the Rams are iffy either way.

More on the (long-term) potential move location for the Jags....

Stadium developer to ask six NFL teams to move to L.A.

"... Semcken said new talks would begin after the Super Bowl in February, and may involve the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Buffalo Bills, the Minnesota Vikings, the St. Louis Rams, the Chargers and the Oakland Raiders.

The San Francisco 49ers could also be pursued if a vote for a new stadium in Santa Clara fails.

"There are at least seven teams that are having an issue," Semcken said. "San Francisco, I think they're fine. So the other six teams, one of those six will move to our stadium."

Semcken said the NFL could return to the area in 2010 but more likely in 2011 and that a team would play close by before moving to Industry in 2013."

I'm just happy that with their new lease keeping them in the refurbished Superdome through 2025, the Saints are no longer on the list....

It is what it is.

If you mean would the NFL mind a stadium owner publicly lobbying teams, why not?

Heck, not only would they not mind but they'll love it. They need the threat of relocation to get new stadiums for the Vikings, Chargers and Rams. Not to mention upgrades to the other stadiums.

For what it's worth, when he was on ESPN, he didn't bring non-football politics onto NFL Countdown, and his interview on Leno a couple weeks ago was actually entertaining. Rush is fully capable of keeping politics out of where it shouldn't be.

No, he just went right to football-related racism. Kept politics right out of it.

Rush didn't say anything racist on NFL Countdown. He may or may not have said something that was true. But that does not equate to racism.

It was a guy who isn't used to having to sensor himself speaking about a touchy issue. You're right it doesn't work on television, and he shouldn't have said it for that reason.

But the suggestion that the media is looking for a minority to succeed for the story it would carry is not a racist statement. It might not be a true statement, but it simply is not racist. I don't believe there's room for opinion there. You can disagree with me that it's not racist, but that means one of us is right and one is wrong.

Was it race baiting? Maybe. That's more blurry. I really believe he was just saying something he thought to be true and wasn't used to the environment where you're supposed to be limiting your talk of such issues, at least if you're in his seat.

It was a guy who isn't used to having to sensor himself speaking about a touchy issue. You're right it doesn't work on television, and he shouldn't have said it for that reason.

But the suggestion that the media is looking for a minority to succeed for the story it would carry is not a racist statement. It might not be a true statement, but it simply is not racist. I don't believe there's room for opinion there. You can disagree with me that it's not racist, but that means one of us is right and one is wrong.

Was it race baiting? Maybe. That's more blurry. I really believe he was just saying something he thought to be true and wasn't used to the environment where you're supposed to be limiting your talk of such issues, at least if you're in his seat.

Please don't defend the guy just because he is part of a group that would keep the team in St. Louis. NFL players are already coming out and saying that they would not play for a Limbaugh-owned Rams team. I assume others would only play there for a significant premium. Is keeping the franchise in St. Louis worth not being able to compete?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pull up the old threads when it happened. I defended Rush's comments the day they made the stir. That has NOTHING to do with his involvement in the Rams. What Rush said was not racist, end of story. I won't go so far as to say he did, but he may have even had a valid point. Our media does go to great lengths to point out success of minorities, specifically when they're one of the first of whatever race to have had it. It gives them another storyline.

I'm not going to defend Rush Limbaugh the person, I have no need to. But the comments he made in regards to McNabb may have been out of line on ESPN, but they were not out of line.

And again, my view on that has been firm since long before he announced interest in the Rams.

So, when will we know about Limbaugh and Checketts buying the Rams?

(Trying to steer conversation back towards the Jaguars in specific): Have we heard anything else about Orlando? Has Weaver made any other comments on the attendance at Jaguars' home games? Have we heard anything new from Weaver at all?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

what was the exact verbatim quote again?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Guys, you all no I'm no Obama lover. So most of you would probably be suprised to here me say there is no defense for what Rush said about McNabb years ago. I would'nt say it was racist but there was definitely prejudice involved in that statement. However I believe he has a right to own an NFL team and I think alot of players are being overly sensitive on this topic of him owning a team. Do any of these guys really think that out of 32 rich white men that own NFL franchises at this time that some of them may not have had some of the same thoughts that Rush had right or wrong. I'm sure there are more than a few owners who might be similar to Rush it's just they are'nt stupid enough to say it on TV or the radio. Rush is a dummy but he's a rich dummy with enough money to own a NFL team which makes him not too much different than probably half of the owners in the NFL. BTW I don't think he'll end being part of any future ownership anyways but that's JMO. I don't like the guy and think he does more to divide than bring people together.

RUSH: Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

SOURCE: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack_12_13_06/the_classless_nfl_culture_.guest.html

I'm sure the NFL is just LINING THE :censored: UP to hand a team over to this guy.

RUSH: Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

SOURCE: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack_12_13_06/the_classless_nfl_culture_.guest.html

I'm sure the NFL is just LINING THE :censored: UP to hand a team over to this guy.

I think you're taking that out of context. What he meant was lower-case B bloods and crypts, like an ancient bloody battlefield and the crypts to take away the casualties. Rush wasn't being a race-based bigot, because only liberals are capable of that. He was simply using a time-tested allegory, comparing athletes to warriors.

If you don't see that, you must be one of those liberal IslamoObamanauts.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here is the Limbaugh quote on McNabb

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well, There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1001/1628537.html

Limbaugh claimed his comments weren't aimed at McNabb, but they do come across as clumsy. I think this is the kind of racist comment [if thats what you want to call it] that is most tricky for those making them. Its unnecessary for Limbaugh to make any comment on McNabb's race. He could just say McNabb gets to much credit, and its the Eagles defense that is key, but he brings race into it. He doesn't mean to offend McNabb, and its not McNabb as one person who he offends. But its offensive to many that race is even part of this discussion, and that is where the racism is.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived