NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

On TV, the captain patches looked like a lighter shade of pink than the pink on the gloves, cleats, etc. But I'm having a hard time finding stills where they don't just look red.

01a80a047fd21cfce79253d.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On TV, the captain patches looked like a lighter shade of pink than the pink on the gloves, cleats, etc. But I'm having a hard time finding stills where they don't just look red.

That might be one of the more jarring images I will see all season.

Props for rocking the pink, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Denver Post said the Broncos will be wearing their orange alternates today.

And they look fantastic! I'd love to see these be the primary again.

Yes they do!

07c99122ad436316c88160df053322c9-getty-88971981dp006_dallas_cowboy.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

For just a split second there, I thought I saw a Nike swoosh on Orton's sleeve in that pic, and I got quite confused. But yes, I'm all about orange jerseys as the primary. Make the navy monochrome set the alternate - Denver's one of the few who can pull off the mono look well, and they should flaunt it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Steelers in alts/throwbacks. Love them!

I don't.

If the Steelers are gonna wear throwbacks, they should go back to their 70s dynasty gear. Actually, they need to just wear those full-time.

6uXNWAo.png

Let's see...prime-time national broadcast.

Team takes the field in alternate uniforms.

In this case, fauxbacks.

Who was it that said he couldn't stand the way the NFL handles alts/throwbacks? Cuz um...they're at it again.

(On a different note...are the Chargers ever going to test the white-on-white look? Ever? At all?? Even once??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Broncos orange is clearly a little "duller" than the 2002-ish era traffic-cone set. I know CWx will say it's not, but I was looking at replicas earlier today (the stores around here all carry Dawkins jerseys) and noticed right away that it looked darker, and sure enough, when the game came on, my thoughts were confirmed.

This current orange looks fantastic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For just a split second there, I thought I saw a Nike swoosh on Orton's sleeve in that pic, and I got quite confused. But yes, I'm all about orange jerseys as the primary. Make the navy monochrome set the alternate - Denver's one of the few who can pull off the mono look well, and they should flaunt it.

+1 I love Denver's monochrome blue look.

Here's the Breast Cancer Awareness logo, for what it's worth:

BreastCancerAwareness_PRM_2009.png

As far as the Broncos' Orange goes...no, the official textile color hasn't changed, but that doesn't mean it didn't. Could be different fabrics, or maybe Reebok changed the fabric color despite what is considered "official".

You're right. I went to the Saints-Jets pics figuring the indoor lighting might help, but no...still looks red in every pic I found of Drew Brees:

-18dc7cdb27e8806d_custom_665xauto.jpg

This one looks a little more pink:

-d13330e181ec6f50.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Anybody else getting what I'm saying here?

You don't understand 2009 fashion trends (what is in and what is 25 years out of style) in football uniforms? :P

Seriously, the Texans look a lot better with the navy socks with the navy pants. The red socks stood out like a sore thumb.

I still don't understand why the Texans wear white so much at home to begin with. They are basically a dome team. They don't need to play the "its hot and we want to stay cool" game. Plus, it limits the number of times they can wear their navy blue jerseys, which is BY FAR their best look.

Anybody else getting what I'm saying here?

You don't understand 2009 fashion trends (what is in and what is 25 years out of style) in football uniforms? :P

Seriously, the Texans look a lot better with the navy socks with the navy pants. The red socks stood out like a sore thumb.

I still don't understand why the Texans wear white so much at home to begin with. They are basically a dome team. They don't need to play the "its hot and we want to stay cool" game. Plus, it limits the number of times they can wear their navy blue jerseys, which is BY FAR their best look.

Maybe its a Texas thing? Maybe they are trying to copy the Cowboys!!!

I'd like to associate myself with the pro Broncos in Orange comments btw! Maybe keep the navy as an alternate, to be worn with the navy pants maybe, but go for it with the orange!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived