New Colorado Avalanche mascot

roxfan00

After like a 8-10 year absence...the Avs will unveil a new mascot tonight.

MascotSplash.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be the abominable snowman so that their shoulder patch finally makes sense, but the shape in this picture looks more bear-like.

off-topic question here: why is the Rockies mascot a Triceratops?

PvO6ZWJ.png

It should be the abominable snowman so that their shoulder patch finally makes sense, but the shape in this picture looks more bear-like.

I believe the story goes is that construction workers found dinosaur fossil eggs while moving the earth, when they were building Coors Field.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I believe the story goes is that construction workers found dinosaur fossil eggs while moving the earth, when they were building Coors Field.

True.

And from what I recall, had Coors not taken care of the naming rights, the stadium would have (tragically) been called Jurassic Park.

6uXNWAo.png

True.

And from what I recall, had Coors not taken care of the naming rights, the stadium would have (tragically) been called Jurassic Park.

I had no idea fossil eggs were found on site. I always thought it was a nod to fossils found in Dinosaur National Park (located in the Rockies).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And here he is, "Bernie the St. Bernard" ummm weird and interesting.

BernytheStbernard.jpg

Downgrade from the former mascot.

I never would have thought it possible. I'm happy that all the kiddies that get their picture taken with it will have a barrel of brandy at head level.

So brandy is the liquid inside the barrel. :D

Archived